Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Who's Idea? Mine? You've got a gender mix up. (if I took your post right) But anyways... I love your idea of having the starcade as the line. And I really like the idea of having the platforms connect from the starcade to the new rods.

SORRY my YOUNG ARMCHAIR IMAGINEER friend. For some reason I thought you were a teenage girl not a teenage boy. Your picture is of GOOFY lets face it he's about as androgenous as Michael Jackson. HEHEHE.

But yes, it was your idea I was talking about

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Oh and by the way, on this the old fogeys and I will agree: before the Club Buzz show came on, it used to be fun to get a burger at Tomorrowland Terrace and get a free concert on the patio. Bands would come up on a stage that came up from the basement and it was fun to dance on the dance floor for a bit before moving on.

The same with the Jazz bands we used to hear in New Orleans and the mariachis in Frontierland. And there were the drummers above Jungle Cruise queue and the Tahitian Terrace, too. Does Disneyland even have the Main Street Band any more? Walt Disney always used to cram the place with live performers but this seems to be dying off.

Lets not replace the Buzz stage with switchbacks for a ride queue. If that restaurant isnt already dead already, it would be if it was between the queue and an empty Sub lagoon and an empty Radio Disney monstrosity.

I hear Radio Disney used to be a Space Bar, could it be again? (Remember the post about "Time for wine in Disneyland?" Just kidding.)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    Don't know if that's the best analogy. After all, all that happened to Space Moutains track was a bit of a shaking due to the added stress of the sound system...
    Are you sure? I read that the bolts in the wooden track liked to come loose...at least once a vehicle flew off of the track. I saw it on the news and remember because a friend of mine had gone to DL that day and I was worried about her when I saw the report.

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Your picture is of GOOFY lets face it he's about as androgenous as Michael Jackson. HEHEHE.
    :
    Goofy??? Nah... Goofy's just an idiot. I guess I shall change my picture.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Are you sure? I read that the bolts in the wooden track liked to come loose...at least once a vehicle flew off of the track. I saw it on the news and remember because a friend of mine had gone to DL that day and I was worried about her when I saw the report.
    HUH? Space mountain is wooden? Space mountain fell off the tracks?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Space Mountain is a tubular steel track. Perhaps the incident you're thinking of is the accident that occured in July, 2000. A couple were injured while riding Space Mountain when a wheel support arm on their vehicle came loose. Their vehicle then stopped very suddenly. Both apparently suffered some back and joint injuries. A similar incident happened at SM Tokyo in 2002. I can't find any reports of a vehicle leaving the track completely.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Oh and by the way, on this the old fogeys and I will agree: before the Club Buzz show came on, it used to be fun to get a burger at Tomorrowland Terrace and get a free concert on the patio. Bands would come up on a stage that came up from the basement and it was fun to dance on the dance floor for a bit before moving on.
    Hmmm... Is mid 30's and old fogey? Growing up, my friends and I always made it over to TL to do some dancing. I don't mind a kids show a few times during the day, but the adult bands were cool too.

I hear Radio Disney used to be a Space Bar, could it be again?
    Sure did. It was a nice little snack bar that had Twinkies and Milk. I would always stop and get one when I was there. Is having Radio Disney there (even if it's working), of any value to TL? Not a bit. Open it back up and help bring TL alive again.

I can't stand the way, from the time you enter, TL feels so closed in.

Astro orbiter cloggs the front
    Buzz line now makes that worse
    Trashcan band, while fun, also makes it worse
    From Buzz to Autopia it's DEAD

• Minion

I also had the idea of using the arcade in TL, but just the top floor. There is also all that open area above HISTA that was once the Q for SM. Put a bridge up and over the track or just board the people on the outside and not inside of the platform (The track would need to be moved in, and the platform widened) and the unload on the inside with an escalator down. This would all be expensive, but so would a new E-ticket.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    The station between Radio Disney and the sculpture doesn't really work any more now that it's not a platform for the Rocket Jets with a rocket pointed up into the sky. With the elevator to get to the Rocket Jets, it mimicked NASA astronauts getting on board a rocket or Space Shuttle.

Now that they put the sculpture up there, the whole Rocket Jet Tower building makes no sense. Downstairs its boarded up Radio Disney, upstairs no ride anymore.

Why even have Rocket Rods 2.0 station be there at all?

Maybe a new building could go there, or else they have to put things back the way they were.

• Minion

The station between Radio Disney and the sculpture doesn't really work any more now that it's not a platform for the Rocket Jets with a rocket pointed up into the sky. With the elevator to get to the Rocket Jets, it mimicked NASA astronauts getting on board a rocket or Space Shuttle.

Now that they put the sculpture up there, the whole Rocket Jet Tower building makes no sense. Downstairs its boarded up Radio Disney, upstairs no ride anymore.

Why even have Rocket Rods 2.0 station be there at all?

Maybe a new building could go there, or else they have to put things back the way they were.
    Thats very true. The rods zips behind the arcade on its way to SM after StarTours. It may be best just to brake down a wall and but the boarding there. Or in the area it meets Innoventions.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    Thats very true. The rods zips behind the arcade on its way to SM after StarTours. It may be best just to brake down a wall and but the boarding there. Or in the area it meets Innoventions.
    yes, my thinking is they could board the ride any where along the length of it's track.

My idea is to tear down the loading building and make the end of the track be a much wider circle with a huge banked turn that you have to walk under to get anywhere in tomorrowland. It could be cool if they exited Buzz, went down the track and zipped around in a uturn motion and went back to Star Tours. Or do I have the direction reversed? It could go in either direction after all.

Or they could even chop off that leg of the track and have it go from Buzz right overhead to Star Tours if they think they need to open up that walkway more. And then do the fun turns and hills over the subs/autopia.

They could even re do the route of the track on the exterior portions if they have to redo the track anyway. Its just that all the buildings in TL have the track integrated into it, so that is the beauty of bringing back this ride.

• Minion

I agree. The main thing they need to do is make better show elements.

I would like it of the cars when slow (not as slow at the PM) through the buildings, and they had some nice AA elements in there. Like storm troopers trying to shoot you as you passed through ST, a quick whip around the sun of SM, maybe but a cool AA in the Inoventions area. But one thing they NEED to put in is an audio host or tour guide. Im thinking a theme that cars in the future would be controled by AI, like your host car and the AI tells you all about things in TL. Without all the stinkin Goodyear add's of the PM

I do 3D graphics for a living. I work on TV shows and movies and I want to make my own animation of the future of Rocket Rods. I know a former WDI and maybe... Just maybe.... Lol. OK. Im getting a head of myself. Talking about this sort of stuff is so thrilling for me.

• Looking for Love

Exclamation

Space Mountain is made of Steel. Its not a wooden rollercoaster. Al Luts did areally fasinating artical once all about Space Mountain and how the track is set up and the safty features and such. The track rails themselves have air pressure in them and if the track were to blow or dent or come apart, for some unexpected reason such as if a wheel came off or somthing, it would signal sensors which would put the ride on a permanent instant stop, untill the ride was fixed.

If someone could find that old artical,it would really be cool to read once again. I believe Al wrote it back when he still worked at Mouseplanet.com

I've heard of the air pressure, that's a really cool idea!

• Banned User

oh course the Rods were Sabatoged.. the same way a test to see what happends if you cut some of the fail safe devices on TT was part of the sabatoging... If GM wasn't pissed that Test Track was bewhind scedual that they pulled sponsorship of Rocket Rods then you would have a true E-Ticket ride... Versus the cheap POS destroying some classic things.... all for a short trip.. and the POS even had the newve to break down... a lot...

If their is no sponsor.. dot think of building a POS.... Think before you even begine to spend...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast