Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Congrats on the job offer! I was cast earlier in April and I have loved every minute I have spent at Disneyland (and I have only been through training...). My friends who work at the Disneyland Resort have had nothing but positive experiences. In my opinion you should take the job at Disneyland. You'll meet so many great people, and you'll have the opportunity to create the magic that makes the resort such an incredible place. Good luck!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I will agree with Morrigoon that Disney is a powerful thing to have on your resume. I got the job I have now at Buena Vista Pictures because I had worked for Disneyland before. Disney is seen as a company at the top of the service industry and the training you receive there is really top notch. Many employers respect what you had to go through to get hired/ work there and assume that anyone who worked for Disney will be respectful, dependable, and a cut above the rest.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatUter
    Im am on the Walt Disney World College program right now, and i LOVE working for Disney. Im in entertainment, and you deal with some of the nicest people, guests and other cm's. i have to leave in a month, and i plan on coming back in 2 years when i am done with college, but i am staying on as seasonal for now, and coming back at christmas and spring break. It isnt the best paying job in the world (i did the math, and if i come back as full time with 40 hrs a week, i would only make about 13,000...), but it is the GREATEST job in the world...

If you are still in college, you might want to look into the College Program at WDW. you get to take a semester off from school and work for disney... go to www.wdwcollegeprogram.com or IM me on AIM at MickeyMouse71755 or email me at [email protected] if you have any questions...
    Unforunately I can't take a semester off!! I looked into it, and my scholarship is only good for four consecutive years, and with school tuition set at 26,000 a year, I can't afford to take one semester off!! *shakes fist at expensive private schools!*

Does anyone know how long Traditions is? I'm going in on May 6th for Traditions!

AND HOLD ON. You get paid WEEKLY?! That's going to be weird.... but nice. I will be broke all the time now, because I'll k now money will always be coming!

Oh, and I'm taking the job!! I go in to fill out the paperwork on Wednesday. Goodbye Blockbuster!

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Unforunately I can't take a semester off!! I looked into it, and my scholarship is only good for four consecutive years, and with school tuition set at 26,000 a year, I can't afford to take one semester off!! *shakes fist at expensive private schools!*

Does anyone know how long Traditions is? I'm going in on May 6th for Traditions!

AND HOLD ON. You get paid WEEKLY?! That's going to be weird.... but nice. I will be broke all the time now, because I'll k now money will always be coming!

Oh, and I'm taking the job!! I go in to fill out the paperwork on Wednesday. Goodbye Blockbuster!
    Congratulations! I myself am contemplating applying, but for completely different reasons.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by melmel

Congratulations! Best of luck to you!

You will have to tell us how your first day goes.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    Congrats melmel!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Waiting for the stork

Good Luck Melmel,
    I know you will have a magical time there....if your the BB hostess you will get to meet a lot of us no doubt
    procrastibating

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    Good Luck Melmel,
    I know you will have a magical time there....if your the BB hostess you will get to meet a lot of us no doubt
    Well, I'm meeting everyone tomorrow at the hub, I thought!

Anyone know how long Traditions is?

• Sea Monkey with money

"Traditions" is only one eight hour day, and they will probably ask you
    if you are available to train the next weekend or possibly even the next day.

The next step, "OJT" can vary from 1-4 days depending on the job
    requirements. Bayou is a little more upscale, so my guess is three days.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries
    During my eight years at the park, I knew many people who worked at "The Bayou". (I worked in the New Orleans Square Main Kitchen, which serves all the restaurants in that area of the park.
    Just about everyone working there really liked their jobs and did their best to serve their customers (guests, in the lingo) as best they could.
    Of course, working at Disneyland is to at least some degree a job just like any other. You'll run into other CM's that can be bitter, and supervisors that will get on your case for no good reason from time to time, just like any other job.
    You'll see the Disney "magic" from the inside - which I always found to be most invigorating.
    Many of the waitresses I knew at the Bayou started out as hostesses - and those folks make verry good tip money - better than you'd ever make in a month of renting videos.
    I hope that you'll be the one seating my group when I come back to the Park this spring -
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

The Disneyland part is great, but I have to warn you that with the new line scheduling, you can be scheduled anywhere in your "department" or sent wherever they need you. If you like the feeling of not knowing what you're doing, you'll be in heaven. As a fine dining/table service cast member you can be scheduled at Ariel's grotto in DCA, Carnation Cafe on Main Street, and Club 33 (that's a good one I guess?). You can be sent ANYWHERE though, especially if you have low seniority. Yesterday there was a Club 33 CM washing dishes at Plaza Inn. It's not the best time to be in foods, but I am so glad we're no longer in a hiring freeze. Welcome!!

DL seems like it would be a fun job, but it seems like there are some people who kinda got stuck with lame jobs that don't really let you have fun i.e. janitor or the guy who walks on the treadmill for hours on end in the HM helping people into the Doom Buggies, listening to that same theme over and over again. i feel sorry for him. and i also feel sorry for those poor little guys who are stuck inside the popcorn machine turning that crank from opening to closing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12