View Poll Results: What is he Worst Disney Attraction Ever?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rocket Rods (Disneyland)

22 12.57%
  • Superstar Limo (Disney's Californi Adventure)

37 21.14%
  • The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management (Magic Kingdom)

11 6.29%
  • Honey I Shrunk the Audience (Disneyland, Epcot, and Disneyland Paris)

16 9.14%
  • Seaons of the Vine (Disney's California Adventure)

7 4.00%
  • The Boudin Bakery Tour (Disney's Califormia Adventure)

8 4.57%
  • Golden Dreams (Disney's California Adventure)

14 8.00%
  • Innoventions (Disneyland, the one in Epcot is slightly different)

47 26.86%
  • Stitch's Great Escape (Magic Kingdom)

7 4.00%
  • Other

6 3.43%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: The Worst Attraction Ever

Superstar Limo wins on the "Dumbth Scale", It's the only ride they've ever had where the satisfaction rating for the entire park went up on the days it was closed, because people didn't get to see how lame it was. They learned fast.

But Disneyland's Innoventions needs an Honorable Mention - it had some great promise, but all the predictions came true - it was designed so individual displays could be replaced and refreshed often as science and technology roared forward, but we just knew they would never be able to keep up with the changes and would soon stop trying to.

I have to go through this year to see if they've even tried lately. Last I looked, the "Cutting Edge" thing at the Pioneer display was a DVD Jukebox player (that might well be connected to nothing and just going through the motions), and a DJ CD-Player with a scratch wheel - Ho and Hum.

And when you compare him with the DARPA Desert Race with the autonomously piloted vehicles, the Honda ASIMO is already ancient history in robotics.

Rocket Rods also deserves an Honorable Mention - they spent a WHOLE LOT of money inventing designing and building a very nice cutting edge ride system from scratch...

And then they doomed it by reusing the existing PeopleMover guideway totally as-is, and that slow-speed guideway couldn't handle the stresses of the much faster cars - they had to slow down before every turn. And they got the rear axle turning pivot geometry all wrong to where the cars chewed up expensive Michelin LT tires at a ferocious rate - two tires a week, per car. And after they spent all the money on the ride system, they did nothing for theming. No reason to take the ride besides taking a ride.

If they had banked the corners and reinforced the pylons to handle the added dynamic loads, and given people something to see along the way, great, but they cheaped out - and that never works.

AIUI, the ride was quickly and quietly closed after a Structural Engineer checked it over, and found many things going very wrong... :

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

I liked Rocket Rods. Just wish their budget had been approved. I guess it needed to be "Rocket Rods, Inspired by the PIXAR film _____"

• The Dark Ride

Quote Originally Posted by oldhotelguy
    Maybe I am lucky but, I never had the pleasure of enjoying? this attraction. Can somebody fill me in on what it was all about? Was it supposed to be a thrill ride? BTW-what many Disney folks consider to be the worst attraction ever were the Flying Saucers. They were broken down more than half the time, the length of the flight was short and they were a bear to fix.

www.magicalhotel.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDCSy...perstar%20limo

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Oh, and this video kindly omits the queue 'pre-show' which amounted to a rubber puppet version of Joan Rivers SHRIEKING at you.
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

• The Dark Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango
    I liked Rocket Rods. Just wish their budget had been approved. I guess it needed to be "Rocket Rods, Inspired by the PIXAR film _____"
    DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS!!!
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Well here was my problem. I hated Superstar Limo. Just an overall conceptual nightmare with terrible execution. But here's the thing; A movie should never be confused for an attraction. Two on that list are simply films played in a themed theater with no other gimmicks. One of those listes, however, is just a movie and not even a good one at that. Hence I had to vote for the anaemically entertaining Seasons of the Vine.

Seasons of the Vine is a useless attraction based on the notion that a five minute museum style film is something people pay a $60 admission to get in line to see. Superstar Limo at least moved through some show scenes. The show scenes in Limo were stupid, the ride system was boring,, the storyline was dull, but at least it was a ride. Compared to Seasons of the Vine, Limo was downright entertaining.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• I Miss Carnation Plaza

I really liked HISTA. Perhaps it's because I first saw it in Epcot, where the movie screen scale/audience angle is better; when the film was new, it made a really good use of the 3-D effect to make it look like characters on stage were the appropriate height. The Disneyland version looks far more fake; the scale doesn't seem to match the surrounding in-theater effects, especially the Inventor of the Year Award neon sign effect. But I also thought the mice effect was brilliant!

As other posters have noted though, unfortunately, most 3-D films like It's Tough To Be A Bug, and Muppets do rely on the element of surprise to make the effects work. I think that's why they sit empty - these shows are great fun once or twice, but after that they just don't generate a lot of repeat visitors, and I would venture Disneyland has far more repeat visitors than Florida does. Even Indiana Jones has that problem.

Worst attraction? The current Innoventions at Disneyland. The problem seems to be that concept of seeing innovative things in person just isn't a good idea anymore. I believe that's why technology trade shows like Comdex aren't nearly as impressive anymore either. We've been spoiled by the internet.

• Just this guy......

Superstar Limo (DCA), without question. I know people hate Innoventions, but there are a hand full of intresting things going on inside there. But Superstar Limo was so bad that the guys who run the park shut it down.

I think it's kinda unfair to have limo on the list. #1, they know it sucked and yanked it quickly. They admitted their mistake. #2, it was only meant as a temporary ride to boost the attraction list for opening. Originally it was a fast-paced escape from the Paparazzi, but after Princess Di died, they had to throw something together.

What I hate more than bad attractions pushed through production incredibly quickly, is bad attractions pushed through production incredibly quickly and STAY. This is why I will dislike rides such as Pooh, Buzz, and Monsters Inc more than mistakes such as Superstar Limo.

• Everyone neat and pretty?

Rocket Rods for sure! I want the PeopleMover back! It was just a fun ride. Everytime I rode RR it just made me want the PM back that much more.
    SuperStar Lamo (sic) is a very close second. What were they thinking? They just should have put in the Rockin Roller Coaster and been done with it!
    "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dark
    You're right, it shouldn't.

It should say 'Golden Dreams...starring Whoopi Goldberg'.

Only that true title can accurately convey how hard it sucks.

In my eyes, its a film, not an attraction.

My least favorite attraction on the list is Innoventions. Huge waste of a very cool theater. But I voted for Rocket Rods because it was bad in so many ways.
    The ride was uninteresting (wow go fast while going straight - drive I-5 is more fun!)
    It led to the removal of the PeopleMover.
    It was a budgeted E-ticket and it was an utter failure (the last budgeted E-ticket in Disneyland no less)

For those reasons, it is my "Worst Attraction Ever!!!!!"
    The Mur

• Disney Geekstrordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I don't see your list, but I'd say that tomorrowland's had a few, including Innoventions, and the house of the future. Don't flame me, it just sounds like it would be boring after a tour or two.

Your post does, however, remind me of a David Letterman top 10 list of least favorite Disneyland attractions...

10. The Raw Sewage Flume
    9. Oprah Mountain
    8. Moses Malone's Enchanted Laundry Hamper
    7. Parade of short actors in stifling animal suits
    6. Pegleg Pete's Prison Shower Room
    5. Muggyland
    4. Hall of Vice Presidents
    3. Walt's Walk-in Freezer and Crypt
    2. Turn the Hose on Lady and the Tramp
    1. Peter Pan's All-Male Cinema

Followed by an internet parody of the same idea:

12. The Antimatterhorn
    11. it's a Third World After All
    10. Captain EO's "Don't Tell Your Mommy About This" 3-D Show
    9. Mike Ovitz's Golden Parachute Ride
    8. "Straight into Compton" Gangland Rollercoaster
    7. Goofy's Tunnel o' Flatulence
    6. Stephen Hawking's Astrophysics Country Jamboree!
    5. Martha Stewart's Roller "Let me get you a" Coaster
    4. The D Cups
    3. Blair Witch Camera Shake-o-Rama
    2. Pluto's Fire Hydrant

and the Number 1 Least Popular Attraction At Disneyland...

1. Captain Necro's Underground Adventure
    Thank you for that. I needed it today.
    Go make a life, not a living.

• Banned User

As much as SuperStar Limo really reeked, it has at least been replaced with something more pleasant. Innovations, on the other hand, continues to give off its foul odor of done on the cheap mediocrity that plagued Disneyland during the late 90s, while at the same time taking up valuable space in an interesting building that could be used for an attraction that actually entertained SOMEONE.

My personal all-time least favorite, loved to hate it, avoided it like the plague, would rather be stuck in It's a Small World for an hour on the same boat as shrieking 3 year olds and an overly full but woefully weak bladder, was Country bear Jamboree. Honestly, it was like fingernails against a chalkboard annoying. I still have to sleep on the couch at nights because I took my wife to that attraction once -- and that was back in 1993!

Quote Originally Posted by themur
    My least favorite attraction on the list is Innoventions. Huge waste of a very cool theater. But I voted for Rocket Rods because it was bad in so many ways.
    The ride was uninteresting (wow go fast while going straight - drive I-5 is more fun!)
    It led to the removal of the PeopleMover.
    It was a budgeted E-ticket and it was an utter failure (the last budgeted E-ticket in Disneyland no less)

For those reasons, it is my "Worst Attraction Ever!!!!!"
    Rocket Rods did not kill people mover. People Mover was removed due to low rider counts. All of you who complain about its removal, where were you when the ride was still open? Rocket Rods was a replacement for a dead attraction. And it was a great idea for an attraction as well. I like the idea of zipping around Tommorland in a futuristic taxi. What the attraction needed was money. Budgets were cut and that killed the ride. With budgets being left alone, we would have had banked turns, better show scenes, and fewer breakdowns. Like a mini test track above TL.

So, no Rocket Rods did not sneak up behind People Mover with piano wire, take it out, then try and fit into the same clothes and pretend to be the same person. People Mover was missing the People in it's title, and thus was removed.

Ok, it may not have killed the PeopleMover but PM is gone and so is RR.

I agree that the attraction might have been great if it had gotten its full budget but the fact of the matter is it didn't. Som my arguements are still valid. Instead of bemoaning the removal of the PeopleMover, I will bemoan that there is not motion in TL because the track lays dormant because the ride was horrible.
    The Mur

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast