View Poll Results: What is he Worst Disney Attraction Ever?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rocket Rods (Disneyland)

22 12.57%
  • Superstar Limo (Disney's Californi Adventure)

37 21.14%
  • The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management (Magic Kingdom)

11 6.29%
  • Honey I Shrunk the Audience (Disneyland, Epcot, and Disneyland Paris)

16 9.14%
  • Seaons of the Vine (Disney's California Adventure)

7 4.00%
  • The Boudin Bakery Tour (Disney's Califormia Adventure)

8 4.57%
  • Golden Dreams (Disney's California Adventure)

14 8.00%
  • Innoventions (Disneyland, the one in Epcot is slightly different)

47 26.86%
  • Stitch's Great Escape (Magic Kingdom)

7 4.00%
  • Other

6 3.43%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Monorail Racer

Re: The Worst Attraction Ever

Superstar Limo was pretty crummy, but it's hard to forgive the Rocket Rods for killing the PeopleMover and then being put out of it's misery itself.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    Superstar Limo was pretty crummy, but it's hard to forgive the Rocket Rods for killing the PeopleMover and then being put out of it's misery itself.
    Sorry if I take offense to comments like this, but my friend worked on that ride when he was WDI and I know the scoop. GM was supposed to dump a lot of sponsor money on it and make it a REALLY nice ride, and at the last moment after it was green lit, they backed out. Then the management slashed the budget. WDI only got 10% of the proposed budget. They slashed cost's on every aspect of the ride and it showed.

The PM was dead before the Rocket Rods. Thats a fact. It was not bringing in ANYONE and was a ride people went on to rest there feet, not have a good time on. It cost more money too operate the thousands of electric motors then it braught in though passangers. It was not worth keeping it operating, so they canned it.

The budget slashing crushed a lot of WDI staff. Its failure was a crushing blow, and nobody likes talking about it. They did what they could, and it would of been an outstanding ride if it got the other 90% of the budget.

Sorry. Rocket Rods is a sad chapter and it huts to see people bashing it because it somehow killed a ride that had no passangers. The lack of passangers kills a ride. Or to be more percise, the expense of the ride devided into how many passangers.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    Sorry if I take offense to comments like this, but my friend worked on that ride when he was WDI and I know the scoop. GM was supposed to dump a lot of sponsor money on it and make it a REALLY nice ride, and at the last moment after it was green lit, they backed out. Then the management slashed the budget. WDI only got 10% of the proposed budget. They slashed cost's on every aspect of the ride and it showed.

The PM was dead before the Rocket Rods. Thats a fact. It was not bringing in ANYONE and was a ride people went on to rest there feet, not have a good time on. It cost more money too operate the thousands of electric motors then it braught in though passangers. It was not worth keeping it operating, so they canned it.

The budget slashing crushed a lot of WDI staff. Its failure was a crushing blow, and nobody likes talking about it. They did what they could, and it would of been an outstanding ride if it got the other 90% of the budget.

Sorry. Rocket Rods is a sad chapter and it huts to see people bashing it because it somehow killed a ride that had no passangers. The lack of passangers kills a ride. Or to be more percise, the expense of the ride devided into how many passangers.
    Just how would Rocket Rods have been different?

It was conceptually-flawed regardless of the budget.

Many of my criticisms of the attraction are unrelated to the amount of money that was spent on the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango
    Rocket Rods did not kill people mover. People Mover was removed due to low rider counts. All of you who complain about its removal, where were you when the ride was still open? Rocket Rods was a replacement for a dead attraction. And it was a great idea for an attraction as well. I like the idea of zipping around Tommorland in a futuristic taxi. What the attraction needed was money. Budgets were cut and that killed the ride. With budgets being left alone, we would have had banked turns, better show scenes, and fewer breakdowns. Like a mini test track above TL.

So, no Rocket Rods did not sneak up behind People Mover with piano wire, take it out, then try and fit into the same clothes and pretend to be the same person. People Mover was missing the People in it's title, and thus was removed.
    PeopleMover was extremely efficient and had a high capacity just like many of the theatre presentations, for example.

Just because an attraction with a huge capacity does not fill it completely does not mean the attraction is unsuccessful. The designers simply overestimated utilization.

There were ways to increase utilization of the attraction, but Pressler and the others decided to remove the thing, instead. And, now, what do we have?

I, furthermore, don't trust Disney's research methods.

The design of the research is extremely flawed in my experience. The surveyors ask questions that elicit answers, which invariably lead to closures of things like the PeopleMover. Guests are asked to rate an attraction as being either "exciting" or "boring"; the designs are borne from a cheap-thrill park mindset.

For example, when The Twilight Zone opened at D.C.A., I observed researchers approaching people as soon as they exited the attraction and when the guests still had adrenaline coursing through their bodies.

Naturally, the guests were giving overly positive reviews of the attraction because of this effect. And, I realized that this phenomenon, as it existed at the Disney MGM Studios, was probably what led to the attraction being built in D.C.A. in the first place. So, Disney has probably been wasting hundreds of millions of dollars on copies of the attraction because of inaccurate research.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretzel
    I really liked HISTA. Perhaps it's because I first saw it in Epcot, where the movie screen scale/audience angle is better; when the film was new, it made a really good use of the 3-D effect to make it look like characters on stage were the appropriate height. The Disneyland version looks far more fake; the scale doesn't seem to match the surrounding in-theater effects, especially the Inventor of the Year Award neon sign effect. But I also thought the mice effect was brilliant!

As other posters have noted though, unfortunately, most 3-D films like It's Tough To Be A Bug, and Muppets do rely on the element of surprise to make the effects work. I think that's why they sit empty - these shows are great fun once or twice, but after that they just don't generate a lot of repeat visitors, and I would venture Disneyland has far more repeat visitors than Florida does. Even Indiana Jones has that problem.
    "Captain EO", though, did not rely on the stereoscopic effects for its appeal, but all of these other 3-D attractions that have come after the George Lucas/Francis Ford Coppola film have been nothing but random series' of redundant and cheap tricks.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

While there are a few rides that I never liked at Disneyland, the new Winne the Pooh ride that replaced the Country Bears was pretty much a failure.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345