View Poll Results: What is he Worst Disney Attraction Ever?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rocket Rods (Disneyland)

22 12.57%
  • Superstar Limo (Disney's Californi Adventure)

37 21.14%
  • The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management (Magic Kingdom)

11 6.29%
  • Honey I Shrunk the Audience (Disneyland, Epcot, and Disneyland Paris)

16 9.14%
  • Seaons of the Vine (Disney's California Adventure)

7 4.00%
  • The Boudin Bakery Tour (Disney's Califormia Adventure)

8 4.57%
  • Golden Dreams (Disney's California Adventure)

14 8.00%
  • Innoventions (Disneyland, the one in Epcot is slightly different)

47 26.86%
  • Stitch's Great Escape (Magic Kingdom)

7 4.00%
  • Other

6 3.43%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Know More Than You Should

The Worst Attraction Ever

What is the worst attraction Disney has done? I've posted a list of the attractions MiceChatters seem to love to hate. While I personally like some of the attractions listed, not everyone does. Not all of these are DLR, but most are, so I'm posting it here.

• Neep meep beep

Re: The Worst Attraction Ever

I don't see your list, but I'd say that tomorrowland's had a few, including Innoventions, and the house of the future. Don't flame me, it just sounds like it would be boring after a tour or two.

Your post does, however, remind me of a David Letterman top 10 list of least favorite Disneyland attractions...

10. The Raw Sewage Flume
    9. Oprah Mountain
    8. Moses Malone's Enchanted Laundry Hamper
    7. Parade of short actors in stifling animal suits
    6. Pegleg Pete's Prison Shower Room
    5. Muggyland
    4. Hall of Vice Presidents
    3. Walt's Walk-in Freezer and Crypt
    2. Turn the Hose on Lady and the Tramp
    1. Peter Pan's All-Male Cinema

Followed by an internet parody of the same idea:

12. The Antimatterhorn
    11. it's a Third World After All
    10. Captain EO's "Don't Tell Your Mommy About This" 3-D Show
    9. Mike Ovitz's Golden Parachute Ride
    8. "Straight into Compton" Gangland Rollercoaster
    7. Goofy's Tunnel o' Flatulence
    6. Stephen Hawking's Astrophysics Country Jamboree!
    5. Martha Stewart's Roller "Let me get you a" Coaster
    4. The D Cups
    3. Blair Witch Camera Shake-o-Rama
    2. Pluto's Fire Hydrant

and the Number 1 Least Popular Attraction At Disneyland...

1. Captain Necro's Underground Adventure

• Senior Minion

I hated Honey, I shrunk the audience. It seriously freaked me out when they talked about the mice and such. To me, it had no point. The movies had been done to the point of boredom and the attraction was just worse.

The rocket Rods, I actually liked, when they weren't breaking down mid-ride. They were fun, even if the line was impossibly long.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Minion

Blog Entries

golden dreams definitely, they should make up something GOOD to go in there cause i've seen it once and will only go back if the sky is falling and i need somewhere to hide....

• Lost in Wonderland

Personally I hate HISTA but Rocket Rods won my vote. I was so excited by the ride, and when I went on it was such a disappointment. It seemed so thrown together, nothing good on it. I thought for all the hype it would have banked turns and a cool ending. It was just a waste of hours spent in line and was so expensive and always breaking down it definitely won the worst attraction Disney ever poured money into.

EDIT: There should also be a poll for worst parades too. Because I saw Block Party Bash in Feb. and couldn't believe I waited an hour for a good spot to see it. It was like four disappointing floats and when it ended, the whole crowd waited there for a couple of minutes going, "That's it!?"
    Last edited by adormouse; 07-15-2006 at 01:55 PM. Reason: added more to thoughts

• Inhospitable about happy

Not on the list, and not mentioned by anyone else yet, but I think the dullest, least interesting attraction Disney ever concocted was Flight to the Moon, later revamped as Mission to Mars. You sat in a circle and looked at a movie on the floor. Seriously. Oh, and there were also some half-hearted, unconvincing movements in your chair, supposedly simulating G-forces or something. Even on the most crowded days, this was always a walk-on, and I never saw it even half full. Why this turkey lasted as long as it did is a true Disneyland mystery.

1. The Happiest Millionaire Treehouse
    2. The Three Lives of Thomasina Enchanted Ride Through Death & Resurrection
    3. The Escape from Witch Mountain RV Ride
    4. The Moon-Spinners Non-Spinning Adventure Through Inner Tedium
    5. Hall of Corporate Presidents
    Tref ...

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by adormouse
    EDIT: There should also be a poll for worst parades too. Because I saw Block Party Bash in Feb. and couldn't believe I waited an hour for a good spot to see it. It was like four disappointing floats and when it ended, the whole crowd waited there for a couple of minutes going, "That's it!?"
    I second that suggestion and vote. The worst "parades" in my opinion are the Block Party Bash and 45th Anniversary Parade. Both of these aren't really parades per se, the BPB is a boombox on wheels and the 45th was a graduation procession made up to look like a parade. But if it's at a Disney park, has floats and characters, and goes down the street...it should be a parade in my opinion, not something that stops. People who don't follow Disneyland as closely as we do expect parades from Disney, not dance sessions and graduations.

50th Anniversary Parade kind of made up for all that though. That parade is the best one in probably 10 years.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2
    Not on the list, and not mentioned by anyone else yet, but I think the dullest, least interesting attraction Disney ever concocted was Flight to the Moon, later revamped as Mission to Mars. You sat in a circle and looked at a movie on the floor. Seriously. Oh, and there were also some half-hearted, unconvincing movements in your chair, supposedly simulating G-forces or something. Even on the most crowded days, this was always a walk-on, and I never saw it even half full. Why this turkey lasted as long as it did is a true Disneyland mystery.
    Wow. We disagree on this, then. I remember going several times with my family, and this was a favorite. THe seats shook (like the HISTA theater does now), and the visuals on the screen below and above were synchronized to make it look like you were leaving the earth and entering space, and then returning into atmosphere at the end.

I can think of worse attractions than this, which was technically beautiful. But as I said in my post, Tomorrowland has had more "turkeys" than almost any other land.

• Banned User

Monsters Inc. is the worst Disney ride I've ever been on. It's really cheap. They can't even get real lamps. They are drawn on the walls. I don't really get it. It's not even a good kid's ride.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones
    Monsters Inc. is the worst Disney ride I've ever been on. It's really cheap. They can't even get real lamps. They are drawn on the walls. I don't really get it. It's not even a good kid's ride.
    Really? I thought it was very cute. The door scene was pretty impressive and I liked when Boo was hitting Randall on the head and he was changing colors. I do agree the que was pretty unimpressive and they could've done a lot more, but I thought the whole ride was a very good improvement compared to what was there before.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Here's the shocker....I vote for Splash Mountain. The drops are too intense for little kids who would otherwise enjoy the show, and that same show is the necessary evil for teens who just want the drops. Who is that ride for? the buildings are all out of scale and it's based on a racist movie the company will never release. Feel free to disagree.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I can think of worse attractions than this, which was technically beautiful. But as I said in my post, Tomorrowland has had more "turkeys" than almost any other land.
    That's true, but to be fair, Tomorrowland has had more rides than any other land by far. As a matter of fact Tomorrowland is the only land (that appeared on opening day) that does not have a single attraction that opened with the park. They've all closed and been replaced, and some have been replaced again. One could argue its easier to create attractions based on the past than the future.

On the other hand, Disney's California got the most attractions on the list. It's just got a lot of lackluster attractions.

Look for a Worst Parades and Shows thread coming soon...

• e komo mai

Innoventions at DL... Bleh.

Personally I went for Superstar Limo. I went on this attraction in 2001 one, and really, even calling it an attraction is a stretch. It was more like a 3D commercial.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast