View Poll Results: What is the Worst Parade/Show Ever?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Calling All Space Scouts! (Club Buzz, Disneyland)

20 21.98%
  • Cinderella's Suprise Celebration (Magic Kingdom)

2 2.20%
  • Cinderallabration (Magic Kingdom)

8 8.79%
  • Parade of the Stars (Disneyland)

24 26.37%
  • Block Party Bash! (Disney's California Adventure)

3 3.30%
  • Eureka! (Disney's California Adventure)

6 6.59%
  • Light Magic (Disneyland)

22 24.18%
  • Remember the Magic Parade (Magic Kingdom)

0 0%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: The Worst Parade/Show Ever

has anyone seen the cowtail parade that sux! it happens when it rains so they have to cancel the real parade! if u havnt seen then i wont spoil it for you!

• Main Street Hop "89"

Quote Originally Posted by bearride
    I voted for other. For those that were there, 1987's Circus Fantasy and 1988's Main Street Hop (just the "hop" part, not all of Blast to The Past)!
    GRRR!! jk 89 cast main street hop! lol i say all of the above except BPB at DCA although i liked the idea of light magic i could of done without all the jig/riverdance aspect of the show! "Hold your breath! Here it comes"....Oooh that smells! i did not like all the animals in circus fantasy! lol

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Snow White, gah when I was there recently they had her sound like an air head.

I'm not sure if the actress was off.

And they changed the story.

• Disney for life!~

The Dick Tracy show was lame ! God ... that was a long time ago !

• Neep meep beep

I never saw the Parade of Stars, but from the pictures, I have one question... how did Ariel keep from baking to death or passing out from lack of oxygen inside that bubble?

• Neep meep beep

ONE of the problems with Light Magic, apparently, is that they tried to hype it up as the "replacement" to the Electric Light Parade... people are bound to be disappointed after something as beloved as the ELP.

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Never got to see Light Magic, but I love the music to it. Parade of the Stars...snooore. Plus, you can only listen to "Pomp and Circumstance" for so long before it gets monotonous and grates on your nerves. At least PoD has a variety of tunes.

• Huh?

Micke Mania.... horrid parade music and dialogue -- especially when they tell you to "bump the bump."
    -Tim

• Lost in Wonderland

I still think Block Party Bash is by far the worst. All the floats (if you can call them that) look exactly the same. They just threw some Disney characters on them and some dancing CM's in ugly outfits waving and barely dancing.

Not only that when I was waiting at the "Toy Soldiers" were performing before the parade, one of them tried to drag me into the street and dance. I didn't want to go, because I was saving a spot for my boyfriend and was mid-eating cotton candy. And when I shook my head no, he kept tugging at my arm until I firmly said, "NO why don't you find a kid who wants to go up there?"

Finally he left me alone. It was the shortest parade I have ever seen and was not worth waiting an hour to watch. I could've been back over at Disneyland (because I finished DCA in two hours, every attraction.) going on Pirates...

the parade at MGM is the worst. i even forget the name.

• Shubisha

I know the subjectiveness of it all but I'd be in absolute shock of Remember the Magic or Cinderella's Surprise Celebration got even close to topping the list :P

Club Buzz trumps Light Magic for me

• Main Street Hop "89"

Quote Originally Posted by adormouse
    I still think Block Party Bash is by far the worst. All the floats (if you can call them that) look exactly the same. They just threw some Disney characters on them and some dancing CM's in ugly outfits waving and barely dancing.

Not only that when I was waiting at the "Toy Soldiers" were performing before the parade, one of them tried to drag me into the street and dance. I didn't want to go, because I was saving a spot for my boyfriend and was mid-eating cotton candy. And when I shook my head no, he kept tugging at my arm until I firmly said, "NO why don't you find a kid who wants to go up there?"

Finally he left me alone. It was the shortest parade I have ever seen and was not worth waiting an hour to watch. I could've been back over at Disneyland (because I finished DCA in two hours, every attraction.) going on Pirates...
    i guess you have to have been in a parade that lasts a over a year to appreciate something like this!! lol, i would like to see you do/attempt to do full choreography! I can't! and every day for a year coming back to the same(still sweaty and smelly!!!) costume and try to be that happy out in the progresively hotter everyday sun. it's been a while since i've seen it, but they probably axed a lot from the show by now to care better for the performers out in this heat. (party Gras did this four times!!!) I am going to DLR in a couple of weeks, if i see BPB again i will probably have to agree with you Lol!! lol btw can anyone tell me what it means when you get a reputation on here lol! i seem to have got one?!? and it took me back here?

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Naboomboo
    i guess you have to have been in a parade that lasts a over a year to appreciate something like this!! lol, i would like to see you do/attempt to do full choreography! I can't! and every day for a year coming back to the same(still sweaty and smelly!!!) costume and try to be that happy out in the progresively hotter everyday sun. it's been a while since i've seen it, but they probably axed a lot from the show by now to care better for the performers out in this heat. (party Gras did this four times!!!) I am going to DLR in a couple of weeks, if i see BPB again i will probably have to agree with you Lol!! lol btw can anyone tell me what it means when you get a reputation on here lol! i seem to have got one?!? and it took me back here?
    I don't understand what you are saying. First you're saying that you'd like to see me do the coreography...and then you say you'd probably agree with me on BPB? That doesn't make any sense!

As for the coreography, there was practically none. Waving on a float is not coreography. Waving is something anyone can do.

As for reputations they have a FAQ on them here: http://micechat.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rep

• Main Street Hop "89"

Quote Originally Posted by adormouse
    I don't understand what you are saying. First you're saying that you'd like to see me do the coreography...and then you say you'd probably agree with me on BPB? That doesn't make any sense!

As for the coreography, there was practically none. Waving on a float is not coreography. Waving is something anyone can do.

As for reputations they have a FAQ on them here: http://micechat.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rep
    How many times have you seen the show? you may have seen it on a day where they cut the choreography because of the heat. the hotter it gets the more action gets cut or pulled from the show. above 90 is usually when they start cutting things like, totally taking elements out of the show. this includes some characters or dance routines etc etc depending on how OP's feels about it.
    Also as a year progresses with a parade like this a lot of times shows get changed as well as the cast because of school etc. for example party gras parade for the 35th was re-cast i cannot count how many times. and many many elements of the show where changed or removed. this may be the case when i see BPB again, the adapted version not the same i saw when it first opened. So mabe then i would agree with you! also it's been hot so a lot of code 90 days have been happening. BTW thank you for that link!

• Shubisha

Yeah it sounds like you saw it on a day where it was too hot and all they did was drive by and it was done... There's a whole 11 minute show stop(party stop) with dancing, choreography, sections, etc...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast