Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Disneyland Rides/Movies...and Dead Man's Chest

I finally got to see POTC:2 today and I was having fun shouting out little disney references thrown about the movie

Spoiler
    THe First I noticed was @ the very beginning....The tea cups "Mad tea party"...The tribe...."The Jungle Cruise"

During the first Kraken scene...Will Turner Slides down the sails of the ship while cutting the sail with his sword
    Much like in peter Pan.....

I turned to my friend mid-point asking which part would be small world......then we said it was the short ship mate on the black pearl....anyone else find any other hints to things inside Disney

I also joked around about the story behind why Davey Joens being so bitter much like the HM Captain Gore story line...lol

I am sorry if this topic has come up before but i have strayed away from POTC threads for quite some time...lol
    Last edited by Hilsbro; 07-16-2006 at 09:26 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Rides/Movies...and Dead Man's Chest

Spoiler

I also thought about the tribe in the movie being the headshrinkers from Jungle Cruise.

The female madames table was almost like Madame Leotas table since it had Tarot Cards and Stuff of that nature. Plus she made contact with the dead (Barbosa) .
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 07-16-2006 at 03:41 PM.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

The Teacups at the beginning started the whole thing of finding hints...the Head Hunters From the JC and The tribe in the movie just have so many similarities.....

• Say no to Assimilation

This Thread needs a spoiler warning!!!!!!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

sorry bout that I made the first post a spoiler post

• Say no to Assimilation

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III
    sorry bout that
    It's ok. I am going to get to see it next weekend at the El Capitan. It's hard for me to get to the movies because I have 2 young kids.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbminnie
    It's ok. I am going to get to see it next weekend at the El Capitan. It's hard for me to get to the movies because I have 2 young kids.
    I wasn't able to see it till today...if I did not call my friend last night...I would not have gone till August...

• Avoiding new PoTC pics...

I finally got to see it Friday night. I was having a hard time avoiding the posts about it, also.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I wasn't able to see it till today...if I did not call my friend last night...I would not have gone till August...
    Ouch! Lucky then, eh?

Yeah, I was totally thinking those things too while watching...though I didn't start making connection until a little longer into the film

To anyone that hasn't seen the movie...just stay away from the spoiler blocks. If you do end up highlighting them and giving into curiosity...you're going to regret it

I finally got to see POTC:2 today and I was having fun shouting out little disney references thrown about the movie

Spoiler
    THe First I noticed was @ the very beginning....The tea cups "Mad tea party"...The tribe...."The Jungle Cruise"

During the first Kraken scene...Will Turner Slides down the sails of the ship while cutting the sail with his sword
    Much like in peter Pan.....

I turned to my friend mid-point asking which part would be small world......then we said it was the short ship mate on the black pearl....anyone else find any other hints to things inside Disney

I am sorry if this topic has come up before but i have strayed away from POTC threads for quite some time...lol
    I think you all are overthinking it a bit. The tribe in the JC is in Africa, the tribe in the film is in the Carrabean. I see little similarties besides them both being natives who dance around the fire. The tribe in JC are headhunters, the tribe in PotC are cannibals..different.

Also, the mentioned scene with Will and the sail, this is just an homage to classic Pirate movies. Take for example, the Sea Hawk (1940). If you are unfamiliar with this film, its the film seen in The Goonies. Peter Pan was made in 1953? So I'm willing to believe PotC was refrencing a classic pirate movie rather than the Disney cartoon.

• For You!

Everyone should know Errol Flynn - that was, I think, what he's most known for.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

wow...ok...I was only talking about animated disney movies and rides....I did not mean for this to branch off to Errol Flynn...I was talking about other refrences you saw in the movie

how are the teacups in the beginning homage to the teacup ride at disneyland? Maybe the producers just wanted to have them drinking tea.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Professortango...

Spoiler
    You have to admit, the natives raising up and then back down is very reminiscint on Jungle Cruise. Of course they're different, they couldn't be exactly the same, but it's still very reminiscint.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dchun2007
    how are the teacups in the beginning homage to the teacup ride at disneyland? Maybe the producers just wanted to have them drinking tea.
    ok...look...It was a Joke me and my friend made...and then we saw other things such as the Jungle people...and the Jones story

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast