Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Disneyland questions I need to know.

I was not raised near disnelyand, in fact never got to go to the park until I was 44. I am so curious now about so much!
    1. is there more to the castle then just walking in and thru it? are there rooms and is there more to see then there is now in the castle( if sodoes any one know where some inside the castle shots are?
    2.when the lagoon was fully functional how many people did it hold, and was it an original ride( one of the first rides in the park) also, please, can any one post pics of the inside of this ride also?
    3.skyway , why was it taken away and how long was the ride in operation and how long did the ride last when you were on it?
    4. I saw there was old ticket booths out side the park ( in the old 8mm videos, did you have to pay for each ride, or was it pay one price as it is today?
    5.I saw kids riding horses in disneyland, when was this started and when did it end.

I have so many more questions, but I will ask these to start out with. I know some of you have been there since the beginning, I am so curious but was always afraid to ask. please tell me more about what was there in the beginning
    I can not believe I never heard about the horses the kids were riding, ( or were they donkeys ) Please, all of you disney fans, tell me all And thank you !

• Minion

Re: Disneyland questions I need to know.

1. is there more to the castle then just walking in and thru it? are there rooms and is there more to see then there is now in the castle( if sodoes any one know where some inside the castle shots are?

Nope, nothing else
    There used to be a walkthrough but its gone

2.when the lagoon was fully functional how many people did it hold, and was it an original ride( one of the first rides in the park) also, please, can any one post pics of the inside of this ride also?

I don't have pics but it was a cool ride
    Just google it

3.skyway , why was it taken away and how long was the ride in operation and how long did the ride last when you were on it?
    I was 2 when I last went on it, but according to my dad it was 6 minutes to each station (im not sure)

4. I saw there was old ticket booths out side the park ( in the old 8mm videos, did you have to pay for each ride, or was it pay one price as it is today?

Pay for one price

5.I saw kids riding horses in disneyland, when was this started and when did it end.

Not sure

hehe, Sorry if I couldnt answer some, thats all I know

• Minion

I didnt see your part at the end
    There was a Donkey riding ride where BTMRR is now

• For You!

You used to pay per ride. Hence the ABCD and E Ticket rides. You were given a booklet of tickets and then each ride had a ticket booth (the once for Alice and the Storybook Canal boats are still there - i.e., the musroom and the lighthouse).

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Check out this site:

www.yesterland.com

In addition to the great info already posted, they have a lot of pics and info.

Enjoy!

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I was not raised near disnelyand, in fact never got to go to the park until I was 44. I am so curious now about so much!
    Last time I went through the Castle it had a Sleeping Beauty theme with posters/pictures on the well depicting the Sleeping Beauty story. It was very nice and cool inside and my Mom said she'd always take us through there when it was hot and crowded outside, since hardly anybody was ever in it.

Sadly it closed supposedly because there was no way to make it accessible for handicap people. Also I heard that since there were never any CMs in it, it could be a danger too since someone could leave a backpack with a bomb and it would take a long time before someone noticed it.

I wish they would bring it back, but I doubt they ever will.

When I rode the Skyway, I think it was around 3-5 minutes per ride per way. At least that's what I remember, I could be wrong. I loved it, since it was such a nice way to get to Tomorrowland via Fantasyland, while avoiding crowds and getting a wonderful aerial view of Disneyland.

I think it was closed because of the Earthquake since evacuating that ride would be impossible.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Oh, BTW, you can still see the Skyway station in Fantasyland. It's among the tree's next to Casey Jr's train ride.

• Grumpy old man

1. You used to be able to walk up into parts of the castle and they had little dioramas and pictures of scenes from the movie. It was closed after 9/11 because of the attacks and because it's not wheelchair accessiable.

2. I don't think the subs ever held that much. I have pictures from inside the ride in some old photo albums, but have no scanners. It was delightfully cheesy, with mermaids on sticks and fish on rocks.

3. It was taken away because it was just too expensive to make it more earthquake safe. I think the ride opened at or near the opening of the park and stayed until 1998, I think. I don't remember how long the ride was though.

4. As far as I know (tickets were before my time), you'd buy books of tickets with A-E tickets, and different rides would take a different ticket, stuff like the carousel was an A, the Matterhorn was an E, etc. Park admission was cheaper with tickets, since you had to pay for the tickets too.

5. Before my time.

• Banned User

Where would I find the pictures of the walk thru in the castle? was it like WDW ?
    And the subs, and one have video of it while inside?? I am just so interested. Thanks

• Minion

http://www.yesterland.com/ for the Subds

I'm not sure where you can find pictures of the Walkthrough in the Castle, but take it from someone who had to go on it everytime, Its not that interesting even the first time. Just a bunch of dioramas of Sleeping Beauty, but heck, what do I know

• Banned User

The mules and stage coach went away in the early 70's. The area where Big Thunder is at is where they used to be, I remember going on the mules as a small kid. Disneyland always operated on affordable ticket books, they were $2.00 for many years. With inflation added, they would be $20 today, you got A,B,C,D and E coupons. The E coupon was the most expensive and was for all the big rides. I remember as a kid using the coupon books, my grandmother had a desk drawer with coupon books we found once. If you didn't use up all your coupons, you would come back again, buy another coupon book, and try to use them all. I think the coupons were eliminated around 1980/81. If you bring coupon books to the guest service window at Disneyland, they will give you a dollar or so for each coupon. If you look on Ebay, you can find people selling the Disneyland coupon books that they have laying around.
    I remember seeing the Sleeping Beauty Castle display as a kid, it wasn't too impressive, just something you walked through and looked at.

• Hooterville, USA

The subs were a very claustrphobic ride that took time to load and unload passengers. The underwater scenes were pretty cheesy too! The skybuckets were cool but people spit off of them and they stopped running them if there was a strong wind. The walk thru inside the castle was neat, but the walkway was narrow, and if people in front of you were slow, then it held up the whole line. The mules were smelly, and glad they got rid of them. You just need to move closer so you can be an AP like me. Then I could boar you with a bunch of stories about DL.
    Last edited by Druggas; 07-17-2006 at 08:43 AM.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Huh?

Now, here's some even more accurate information:

There's a hockey stadium in the west wing to compliment the basketball stadium in the Matterhorn.

Other places to play sports within Disneyland include Miniature Golf on top of Timothy Mouse's hat on Dumbo and a Foosball table in the Haunted Mansion's Attic.

You could fit up to 1,500 people comfortably in the lagoon at one time. However, the water wouldn't be able to fit comfortably and would probably end up flooding tomorrowland. Thus, the decision to limit the amount of people allowed to swim in the lagoon was set to 0 at one time.

It was not an original ride. It was actually based on the hit movie, Babes in Toyland.

Sadly, all known photos were destroyed years ago when a night security gaurd spilled some coffee.

It was taken away because too many people were dropping cheeseburger's on the Yeti's head. It was in operation for a maximum of 12 hours per day.

The original length of the ride was 50 minutes, not including break downs. However, in order to attract younger customers, this was eventually sped up to about 190 mph causing the ride to only last half a second.

You paid one price for entrance to the park based on your rank in the house hold, status within the clergy, military rank, whether or not you have a cushy government job, or age. Thus, you could have the chance to pay only 1¢ admission to the park if you happen to be the 3-year old father of a household of 12 children and a lovely wife, and you also happen to be an assistant pope who had been awarded a purple heart for fighting for the Americans during WWII.

After that, they start selling you all the tickets that you could possibly want. The rides were ticketed based on letters, ranging from A-ticket rides to E-Ticket rides. This was based on the Collegiate grading scale of A, B,C, D, and E rather than the common grade school letters of A, B, C, D, and F. As expected, A Tickets are the greatest while rides that received an E was deemed a failure and doomed to repeat kindergarten. Oddly enough, many of the classic attractions seem to take pride in being called E-Tickets.

They were not horses. They were the cast of Pinocchio. Walt brought them into Disneyland on opening day out of pity. It ended when the mules went on strike in protest of the 3 loops added to the trail. They said they would let them turn the area into a thrill ride over their dead bodies. Today, Big Thunder Mountain rests on their resting spot.

Oh, and they're not kids. The correct term is "Vertically-challenged persons aspiring to be of legal consent."
    -Tim

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Now, here's some even more accurate information:

There's a hockey stadium in the west wing to compliment the basketball stadium in the Matterhorn.

Other places to play sports within Disneyland include Miniature Golf on top of Timothy Mouse's hat on Dumbo and a Foosball table in the Haunted Mansion's Attic.

You could fit up to 1,500 people comfortably in the lagoon at one time. However, the water wouldn't be able to fit comfortably and would probably end up flooding tomorrowland. Thus, the decision to limit the amount of people allowed to swim in the lagoon was set to 0 at one time.

It was not an original ride. It was actually based on the hit movie, Babes in Toyland.

Sadly, all known photos were destroyed years ago when a night security gaurd spilled some coffee.

It was taken away because too many people were dropping cheeseburger's on the Yeti's head. It was in operation for a maximum of 12 hours per day.

The original length of the ride was 50 minutes, not including break downs. However, in order to attract younger customers, this was eventually sped up to about 190 mph causing the ride to only last half a second.

You paid one price for entrance to the park based on your rank in the house hold, status within the clergy, military rank, whether or not you have a cushy government job, or age. Thus, you could have the chance to pay only 1¢ admission to the park if you happen to be the 3-year old father of a household of 12 children and a lovely wife, and you also happen to be an assistant pope who had been awarded a purple heart for fighting for the Americans during WWII.

After that, they start selling you all the tickets that you could possibly want. The rides were ticketed based on letters, ranging from A-ticket rides to E-Ticket rides. This was based on the Collegiate grading scale of A, B,C, D, and E rather than the common grade school letters of A, B, C, D, and F. As expected, A Tickets are the greatest while rides that received an E was deemed a failure and doomed to repeat kindergarten. Oddly enough, many of the classic attractions seem to take pride in being called E-Tickets.

They were not horses. They were the cast of Pinocchio. Walt brought them into Disneyland on opening day out of pity. It ended when the mules went on strike in protest of the 3 loops added to the trail. They said they would let them turn the area into a thrill ride over their dead bodies. Today, Big Thunder Mountain rests on their resting spot.

Oh, and they're not kids. The correct term is "Vertically-challenged persons aspiring to be of legal consent."
    deleted post

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    The subs were a very clostrphobic ride that took time to load and unload passengers. The underwater scenes were pretty cheesy too! The skybuckets were cool but people spit off of them and they stopped running them if there was a strong wind. The walk thru inside the castle was neat, but the walkway was narrow, and if people in front of you were slow, then it held up the whole line. The mules were smelly, and glad they got rid of them. You just need to move closer so you can be an AP like me. Then I could boar you with a bunch of stories about DL.
    Thank you, I was wondering about this. And though they show pics, I am having a hard time finding anything on the inside of the subs, or castle. I appreciated your answers Druggas

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast