• Closed Account

Disneyland - The Secrets, Stories and Magic of the Happiest Place on Earth

When in the world is this supposed to come out? It was first promised back in September of 2005 and now we are coming up on almost 1 year!

Anyone know anyone inside Disneyland management that could get a more definite word on the release date? This has been one of the most frustrating waits ever for this DVD title!!!!!

• rebmeM roinuJ

Re: Disneyland - The Secrets, Stories and Magic of the Happiest Place on Earth

im pretty sure i read something else here on micechat that said it had been canceled or one of those "indefinately postponed" things. i was really looking forward to it too.

I went to buy the day it came out at the store on Main Street but was told the shipment was runing late. So I come back a couple weeks later and ask for it. I'm told the movies were lost and they dont know when they will get them in. I'm very sad

• Huh?

The last I heard from *somewhere* is that it'll be released this fall and that it was put on hold because they didn't want two competing Disneyland 50th DVDs out at the same time.
    -Tim

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    The last I heard from *somewhere* is that it'll be released this fall and that it was put on hold because they didn't want two competing Disneyland 50th DVDs out at the same time.
    what was the other one?

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

The "somewhere" was probably UltimateDisney.com. The news was here, back in April:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/archives-0406b.html

(about halfway down)

Sources within and close to Disney have told us that Secrets, Stories and Magic of the Happiest Place on Earth has been tentatively re-slated to arrive on DVD this fall. Originally planned for release on July 12, 2005, the disc was delayed at the 11th hour for no clear reason. Long the most-preordered title among all UltimateDisney.com readers, this much-anticipated DVD will contain a number of things, all related to the world's premiere theme park, Disneyland. The main program is Disneyland: Then, Now and Forever, a brand new, never-before-seen, feature-length documentary on the Anaheim resort. Supplements, as originally announced, are to include the "Wonderful World of Disneyland" trivia game (with beginner and advanced levels), interviews with Diane Disney Miller and former Imagineer Rolly Crump, rare footage of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse on stage at Radio City Music Hall in 1962, the 12 sing along songs from Disneyland Fun, and, inside the case, a collectible replica of the original Disneyland E-ticket book. Those contents are subject to change, as is the expected autumn timeframe. But judging from the active forum thread (with menus!) we have dedicated to this title, this news was too good not to share, as it offers hope for a DVD some have thought would never see the light of day. We'll keep you fully updated on any new developments. If the planned release date holds up, we should be getting a new announcement in anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Huh?

That wasn't it... it was something a news site had posted within the past week. Can't think of where that is, though.
    -Tim

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by skratch addict
    what was the other one?
    It's the souvenier video.... you know, the one that's basically the same year after year, except for some of the packaging.
    -Tim