Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Capturing it in a Photo

I wan to know everyones funniest experience while interacting with a CM in Disneyland

I have a few funny stories but the funniest one happened in the Haunted Mansion. I was riding with my older sister and we were climbing up the slope to where you enter the ride. And a little ways before you get there a CM is standing there to lower the saftey bar incase your Ghost Host doesn't do it for you. So the guy that was standing there was the creepiest fellow. He was tall, skinny, pale, dark hair, and he was wearing eyeliner. SO what did I do? I started laughing. Little did I know that my cousin and her boyfriend who were behind us told the guy to come scare us. So just as we were going to enter the ride the guy runs up pops his head abruptly around the doom buggy and screams BOO! I Screamed so loud!!! He scared the S*** outa me! haha.

Another great moment was when I was younger and my sister got to drive the boat in the jungle cruise and I got to speak into the Microphone because I was saying the guys script along with him

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: I wan to know everyones funniest experience while interacting with a CM in Disneyland

The last time I went on Haunted Mansion, the CM standing there by the stairs inside the attraction locked eyes with me to try and creep me out. So I smiled at him...and he couldn't help but start to smirk. hehe

I think what takes the cake, though, is for my birthday when I went with a group of friends, we went to the Tiki Room and were standing outside before we went in and got a group photo. We didn't know it at the time, but apparently an onlooking CM jumped into the picture and struck a pose! lol

• Capturing it in a Photo

Re: I wan to know everyones funniest experience while interacting with a CM in Disneyland

haha that is so funny! I have never (gladly) had a CM jump into one of my shots!

• Grumpy old man

The CM inside the IJA queue where you watch the movie reciting the entire thing along with it was pretty funny.

• The Dark Ride

Outside of Maynard (it sounds like the OP ran into his Evil Twin, although I don't know about eyeliner) my old favorite was Alfred, this big fella who used to work Big Thunder. He worked the position where you had the microphone for announcements, and was hilarious. I remember two things he'd say that were just classic.

'Please do not sit or climb on the rocks, railing, or plants while waiting in line for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad...they are our friends.'

My favorite:

'Please remember that smoking is not allowed while waiting in line to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. If we see you smoking, we will assume you are on fire and we will put you out.'

Just two samples, the guy was always absolutely hilarious. I last saw him in 2003 as a train conductor, but I believe he's gone now, unfortunately.
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

• Disney Geekstrordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad
    The CM inside the IJA queue where you watch the movie reciting the entire thing along with it was pretty funny.
    First off, BrainToad, I am from Vallejo originally... That's quite a coincidence, I don't meet many people from the V.

Secondly, I was at the park the past few weekends and twice we got the guy in Indy who knows the video perfectly. My friends and I all applauded him as soon as the end came. He's hilarious. Good times, good times...

Another CM hilarity was from a few years ago while waiting in line for HMH. They had a CM out in the queue area in the back and he had a microphone, he was doing basic crowd warm-up stuff (getting people to scream at his command, etc) and interacting with guests. So at one point he points at a man in a Santa hat and walks straight to him saying "Sir, can you come with me?" right as "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" began. Perfect timing and PRICELESS! The crowd got it and the man cracked up and refused the strange CM. I say strange but I loved him. He crouched atop the trash can that was in the corner of the queue area, the one that is gone now, but you used to have to walk by it in line. He crouched there long enough without moving that some people stopped paying attention to him and this one girl almost PEED herself when he roared at her and jumped up while she was walking by.

I love that CM's find ways to humor themselves at work. Ways that humor me, anyway. LOL
    Last edited by BetterThanThis; 07-18-2006 at 12:38 PM.
    Go make a life, not a living.

• rebmeM roinuJ

Re: I wan to know everyones funniest experience while interacting with a CM in Disney

Sadly i never got the plivelege to meet Maynard, or his evil twin for that matter. heard lots of funny stories though.

• Mickeyfan3

In 1990 I went w/ my friend Heidi on a road trip, her FIRST trip to DL ever! (We were 21 and she was from MN, had never, ever been). We met a couple of guy friends down there from Simi Valley that she knew, and hung out for the weekend. At one point we got separated, and the CM's that worked the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse helped us send them on a scavenger hunt to find us......we were hiding and taking pictures the whole time. The CM's really got in to it. I'd still love to work at DL!!!!!!!

The Jungle Cruise CM's can be hit or miss...but we had a couple of good ones on our last trip in February....

once i went to disneyland with my mom...i was maybe 15...and obviously didnt believe in characters anymore nor had any interest in them....well for breakfast we went to goofys for fun...and an aladdin came up to us...my mom is very good at talking to people...she didnt know that he cant "break character"...well shekept on asking him things not getting that hed lose his job...like whats ur name and where do u leave...well the aladdin seemed like he might possibly be gay...and when my mom asked him wherehe lived he said "the dessert"...my mom thought he meant palm springs where thereis a large gay population (and my grandma lives there! anyway) my mom said "palm springs??" and he said "no agrabah (or something like that i dont remember...but ive been to palm springs" he said it with a smile andkinda a wink haha it was adorable!

• no flash photography...

not to funny, but a bit humorous...

when wee were on tha tram going back to our car the announced somehting like..."the only theme parks this tram goes to is DL and DCA...no toher theme parks." ...and I was like...OMG somebody asked if the tram took them to kotss or something....so after getting our room we go back to the park. I hand my pass for parking and being the smart *** I am asked if the tram would take us to knotts....then i said I was kidding and the Cm said you'd be surprised...soem guy just tried to use his knotts parking pass here....we both shared a giggle and I drove on...then it hit me, it was probably the guy holding up the line for so long.....idiot....

• no flash photography...

oh, and another time we were there for a convention at wiork on wine...the last night there they had this rule that if we could open the bottle we could drink it...and there were TONS of bottles around. Needless to say a few people got ripped. My regional manager asked me to take one really drunk girl back to her room, because she kept hitting on the VP of the company. Well, she couldn't walk, didn;t know where her room was. Thankfulyl another gut helped me carry her. A CM say us fishing her out of the bushes and asked if he could help...and she asked him if he had pot. i was like...."are you kidding they probably drug test them daily here." and the Cm said "yeah we have to submit a sample before very shift..."...at the time it was funny...probably because of the situation.....

the other time was for the same trip when the group was getting rowdy at the bar, the neon cactus and the CM asked u them to keep it down because it is a family bar...OMG i started to laugh so hard...a family bar...LOL

• Closed Account

Posted this back in May, but I still makes me laugh because it involved a CM doing their job and a psychotic guest who deserved an "accident" on the ride to get rid of them:

Back in February I was in line for Indy. You know how they have two lines, right? Well we were in the right line and next to us in the left line was a girl and her whipped boyfriend who looked terrified to say anything. The CM placed us in a line for a car to fill out that line, and the girl went OFF on him for not having her and her boyfriend go before us. She was waving her finger in the CM's face, screaming that he was a racist, and then threatened to have her boyfriend beat him until he was in the hospital. She then pulled and broke his pin lanyard spraying pins all over the loading area.

They got free passes to the park because Disney didn't want them going to the press accusing a CM of being racist just for doing his job and grouping the lines in the most efficient way possible.

One time i was taking some pictures outside of HMH and i heard this guy ask the CM at the gate "Have you seen my wife?" I couldnt believe it. But the CM without missing a beat or cracking a smile asked the man for a discription which was promptly given. Then he replied with, "Yea, i've seen about 40 people matching that discription in the last 5 minutes." The guy walked away with a slightly confused look. Im sure that CMs see so many people each day, that remembering one or two would be almost impossible.

Speaking Of our favorite and seems to be long lost friend, Does anyone know the true to fact story of Maynard and where he has been or is he still there , its has been quite a long time since i have seen him.
    I really enjoyed him when he work the haunted mansion, that really seemed to be natural for him there but i did get a chance with him on the jungle cruise, and boy what he can do to that ride, its truly an experience!
    But once they told him to mellow out some his AWESOME PERSONALITY SEEMED TO BE GONE Disneyland dont know what they had in him and how great he really was with the guests.
    "I may never grow up! Its so over rated."
    But as my kids do grow up, I am Glad they have enjoyed the Disney Magic.

One of the homo-sexual CMs made me feel really uncomfortable when he was checking me out... Im not even good looking to women why would a gay man want to as well.... it wasnt funny at the time but now that i look back at it it was haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast