Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why does it always have to be me?

When ever I buy some thing from Disneyland it is always defective. For example i bought the over priced CD and when i got home I tryed to go to song #8. But when i got to song #8 it was the Fire works song which is suppose to be last. It turns out all the songs were out of order, I was so mad. So I had to return it but they wouldnt let me because it was open. They finally gave me my money back after about 20 minutes. Another example is I bought a big pirate flag and instead of having two rings it only had one. Does this ever happen to any one else? Or am I just un lucky?

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Why does it always have to be me?

You're just a bad risk!

Nah, this happens all the time. I just bought a shirt for someone and got home to find it missing a button but they had no problems taking it back.

Caveat emptor

• Still wants to be a cat!

Had a couple defective items, but never a problem (so far) in returning them. The only real problem we had was the Castle Big Fig, no instructions, so by the time we were finished with the darn thing, the musical box was loose inside and will never work again. But I guess that was our fault for not knowing where the batteries went for the lighting. Lights at least work and it looks great in my entry way!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I had a problem with Disneyshopping.com. I ordered a Hatbox Ghost big fig and it was delivered broken. I had to pay $35 to ship it back.
    Last edited by mcow1; 07-19-2006 at 07:33 PM.
    Mike

• Now I'm driving the bus!

We had the same issue with the cd, songs out of order. The reason they wont accept it for an exchange or refund is for the very reason you stated, it was open. Imagine what would happen if they would take it back. A bunch of people would go out and buy some cds, take hem home and burn themselves a copy on their computer, and then try to return the original for cash saying it was defective or not what they wanted, getting their money back. Getting it for free basically. Sorry this happened to you but it's the way of the times.

• Disney Geekstrordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by spike
    We had the same issue with the cd, songs out of order. The reason they wont accept it for an exchange or refund is for the very reason you stated, it was open. Imagine what would happen if they would take it back. A bunch of people would go out and buy some cds, take hem home and burn themselves a copy on their computer, and then try to return the original for cash saying it was defective or not what they wanted, getting their money back. Getting it for free basically. Sorry this happened to you but it's the way of the times.

That is true, but even in department stores you can bring in an open media item and exchange it for the same thing. You can't get your money back, but you can exchange.
    Go make a life, not a living.

I honestly don't see the problem as long as they are all there than you can just reburn them correctly, besides misprinted stuff is usually worth more cause it is rare and not suppose to happen.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by chargerfan
    When ever I buy some thing from Disneyland it is always defective. For example i bought the over priced CD and when i got home I tryed to go to song #8. But when i got to song #8 it was the Fire works song which is suppose to be last. It turns out all the songs were out of order, I was so mad. So I had to return it but they wouldnt let me because it was open. They finally gave me my money back after about 20 minutes. Another example is I bought a big pirate flag and instead of having two rings it only had one. Does this ever happen to any one else? Or am I just un lucky?
    It never happens to me. But then I am a Broncos fan. Maybe you should consider switching (especially after last season)?

• Minion

What I want to know is....were all the songs on the CD? If they were all on the CD but just not order why return it? Is it really worth all the hassle of driving all the way down there and spending more time trying to get another CD just because the songs were out of order?

I can see a problem if some songs were missing or incorrect, but just because they were out of order is not a viable reason for me to return a CD.

I once purchased a CD with the wrong songs on it. It was labeled for Metallica's "And justice for all..." but when you played the CD it was actually the "black album", which I already owned. Now THAT is a good reason to return a CD.

• Circle of Ancients

Magus makes a good point.

Burn the CD on your computer and re-burn them onto another disc in the proper order.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterThanThis
    That is true, but even in department stores you can bring in an open media item and exchange it for the same thing. You can't get your money back, but you can exchange.
    True, they accept for same item exchange it if it is defective! At Best Buy I bought a Disney cartoon DVD and it didn't work properly. They wouldn't take my word for it and played it on their dvd player. When they saw it was defective they told me I could exchange it for the same item.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

DVD's are really difficult with current technology, as some perfectly good discs won't play on players that are more than 2 or 3 years old. It's frustrating when a DVD will play on every machine in the universe except the one you really want to play it on. CD's were different - they all played on all machines. I've finally upgraded my home DVD player, but I still deal with people almost daily that are continuing to have problems.

• Shubisha

I think a lot of people reported that CD having tracks out of order in a certain batch. It wasn't just you being defective.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HydroGuy
    It never happens to me. But then I am a Broncos fan. Maybe you should consider switching (especially after last season)?

My MMC backpack, the zipper's stiching broke then the zipper itself broke off, after like 3 months. So sad, it was the perfect size, but I never dared get another.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by chargerfan
    As it's been said a few times before, I think all the CD's were mislabeled/misordered.

GO CHARGERS!
    likes pizza likes beer likes Space Mountain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast