Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Talking Favorite places I like to eat outside the park!!!!

Ok Ive lived in So Cal for 20+ years.. And in another life I should have been a chef. I tried to pick the more unique places that are my favorites.

Thai-

Thai BBQ & Noodle- Great Thai Food esp the Pad Thai +++
    714 821 8883 About 10-15 min from the park.
    9195 Valley View St
    Cypress, CA 90630, United States

Desert:

Joe's Italian Ice - Great Place just south on harbor, try the Orange/Vanilla soft serve+++
    (714) 750-1076
    12302 Harbor Blvd
    Garden Grove, CA 92840

Burger/Hotdogs:

http://www.in-n-out.com/default.asp Ok added this one.. Def a good burgewr place, and if your Really Hungry ask for a 4X4 Animal Style.. also to ahrden the arteries ask for Fried Animal Style!.. +++

http://www.originaltommys.com/ - Best Chili Burgers hands down. +++

http://www.fatburger.com/home/ - Good Burgers! ++

http://www.portillos.com/portillos/look/ - Best italian beef sandwhich's in SOCal ++++

Steak Etc:

http://www.lacaverestaurant.com/ Nice for a Romantic dinner.. Jazz Music etc.. Food is B+ a bit pricey.

http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/ Great but expensive place to eay +++

http://www.clearmansrestaurants.com/steakandstein.html The closest Steak and Stein is about a 20 minute drive but one hell of a Filet! ++++

http://www.rivierarestaurant.net/ Rivera By the Fireside dose a lot of flambe dishes, there hot spinach salad and steak diane is good (wife's favorite) +++

Italian:

Demiceli's Italian Restaurant
    714 254 1940 -Best Red Sauce hands down. ++++
    1721 W Katella Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92804, United States

http://www.osf.com/ Good Cheap Italian food +++

http://www.bucadibeppo.com/ - Lots of food great Chicken Marsala +++
    Chinese:

http://www.pickupstix.com/Home.html Good for a chain Great House Special Chicken +++

Fondue:

http://www.meltingpot.com/ The Melting Pot - Fun and Different and a bit pricey but def worth it(Going there this Friday). ++++
    Last edited by Eschuhma; 07-20-2006 at 10:23 AM.

• Capturing it in a Photo

Re: Favorite places I like to eat outside the park!!!!

there is a thread already going on about this stuff, post this there I think everyone would like to see it!

• Zero Blockout Dates

I'll second Tommy Burgers. Cheap, very messy, really good. Try the Chili and Tamale.

Places we like to hit up on a trip to DL/DCA

It's never a trip to Disnyland without stopping at Anita's New Mexico style Mexican Food on Harbor (just a block north of the 91 Freeway)

Or if you're in the mood for a bit in Yesterland try the La Palma Chicken Pie Shop

La Palma Chicken Pie
    Anaheim, CA
    Photo courtesy Steve Jones
    The La Palma Chicken Pie Shop has sat in Anaheim for many a year. Try out their classic chicken pies when you're in the area, or on the way to Disneyland.

I Cannot reccomend the la Palma Chicken Pie Shop highly enough. Looking exactly like it has my entire life the handmade white meat chicken pot pie diner comes with soup AND salad , two sides, a drink and your choice of pie or cake made right there (Try the Spice Cake...it's killer).

Mmmmm, pot pie ...

Where the food and atmosphere are authentically seasoned with nostalgia.

By JIT FONG CHIN
    La Palma Chicken Pie Shop keeps customers clucking.
    STEVE K. ZYLIUS, SQUEEZEOC.COM More photos
    The furnishings inside 50-year-old La Palma Chicken Pie Shop, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday) are all either brown or orange. It's easy to see why the seniors who form the majority of the customers think this is a good deal.
    The flaky crusted pies are filled with steaming chunks of fresh chicken. You can't see carrots, onions or celery, but they're in there. "We grind them up. You get the flavor but you only see the meat," owner Otto Hasselbarth said.
    The chicken noodle soup is thick and flavorful - really, just a liquid version of the pie. This is not a place for those who count their calories.
    Last edited by Uzmati; 07-19-2006 at 03:36 PM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Zero Blockout Dates

D/P
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati
    ...It's never a trip to Disnyland without stopping at Anita's New Mexico style Mexican Food on Harbor (just a block north of the 91 Freeway)...
    Ohhh, you just made my day! My DH is originally from NM and has been looking for good sopaipillas!

• A Pirate's life for me!

I'll second (or third) Original Tommy's...And we're from NorCal!

(but we consider SoCal our second home)

The other post was getting a bit muttled.. so I figured I'd start my own..

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

OOOooo, I'm drooling. Where is La Palma Chicken Pie Shop located at in Anahiem?
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by bejeweledcat
    OOOooo, I'm drooling. Where is La Palma Chicken Pie Shop located at in Anahiem?

Address: 928 N. Euclid St.
    Anaheim , CA 92801

Phone: (714) 533-2021

Really good "Old Fashioned" Food. The entire experience is like stepping backwards in time...prices too.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Eschuhma
    The other post was getting a bit muttled.. so I figured I'd start my own..
    Thanks for that.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Professional fifth wheel

If you're talkin' fast food burgers... how could you not mention In-n-Out?!? They're the best fast food burgers in the world, and they're only available in Cali (and Las Vegas)! Soooooo much better than Tommy's!

If you really want some crazy good eats, though... It's not near Disneyland, but if you're up in the Hollywood area, be sure to stop by The Griddle Cafe. This little hole-in-the-wall place near Fairfax and Sunset is a popular eatery for "industry people in the know" (partly because it's next to the DGA building) - I've seen plenty of Hollywood celebs in there. They're only open for breakfast and lunch - they close at 2 p.m., I think - but the food is INSANE! Huge portions, decently priced, and incredibly good; they're particularly known for their pancakes (which they have some 20-odd varieties of) and their chili (over 40 varieties; they generally have a half-dozen of them available at any given time).

It's great because the Griddle does absolutely no advertising, and you'd never notice it if you were just driving by - it's one of those places that relys completely on word of mouth, and boy does it work! It's a rare circumstance that I can get a seat in there without having to wait a few minutes (it's not that big), and it's always packed with Hollywood's beautiful and powerful. Fun, and tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati
    It's never a trip to Disnyland without stopping at Anita's New Mexico style Mexican Food on Harbor (just a block north of the 91 Freeway)
    I'm positively addicted to good NM food... so level with me - is it authentically spicy, or is it typical California gringofied cr4p?
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Captain Rex for President

If you wanna talk about good food, generous portions and affordable prices, you can't forget about the Original Pantry Cafe in good ol' Downtown L.A.
    Located at the corner of Figueroa and St., The Pantry, as it is more affectionately called, serves some of the best food money can buy. They are open 24/7 but their breakfast is the best.
    I highly recommend the Hamsteak and Eggs. The ham is so tender. They are also famous for their hashbrowns and sourdough toast.
    The Pantry has been open for more than 80 years and boasts that it has never been without a customer.
    It's location in downtown might seem like a hindrance to most restaurants, but The Pantry's proximity to Staples Center and the L.A. Convention Center helps draw in crowds.
    But be prepared to wait on weekends, even though they do no advertising. It can also get busy if a big convention is in town or after a game at Staples.
    Check out pantrycafe.com for more info.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Wow, the Griddle Cafe sounds awesome. Thanks for the tip, we'll be looking for it.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by JediJournalist
    If you wanna talk about good food, generous portions and affordable prices, you can't forget about the Original Pantry Cafe in good ol' Downtown L.A.
    Located at the corner of Figueroa and St., The Pantry, as it is more affectionately called, serves some of the best food money can buy. <snip>

Check out pantrycafe.com for more info.
    The Pantry is really cool. The portions are HUGE and their Steak and Eggs beats any I've ever had anywhere else. The prices are very reasonable. Last time I ate there was when Brian Wilson played Disney Hall. A triple treat. Great food, GREAT Venue, Great Music.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast