Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Northern California (wishing I lived inside Disneyland!)
    [QUOTE=DisneyMickey]Photos!!!

Thanks for the parade float pics-especially the giant Gepetto! Pinocchio is my favorite character and I see he has his own HUGE float! Can't wait to see them all for myself in May!!
    THANKS AGAIN!

• Fireworks Finatic!

Man, I was there and saw them bringing the floats out and line them up to start shooting for the commercial, but then it began raining pretty hard. They had to cover a lot of stuff on the floats and looked like they were packing up all the cameras and lights. I had to leave to go to dinner, and of course, the sun came out as it had cleared up. They must have did some filming after that and brought a lot of the characters out. Oh well.. Guess I have to wait a bit longer to see it! Did they have any music going while they filmed??

• OM NOM NOM

Yeah, they did. I was shooting photos in front of the castle and you could see and hear the parade. They only played one snippet of the whole thing, and they played it while they shot each float's footage. Guess they thought it would help each CM's performance.

What they didn't show, however, was several elements from the Little Mermaid float that they had backstage. I spotted puppets for Flotsam and Jetsam, and huge hand-fan looking things that had fish drawings on them. A little cheesy, but amazing.

On the other hand, I had to answer a million questions about the little "Film Set". But no worries, I love getting people pumped for the 50th.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    you have no idea how hard it was NOT to spill the beans that this was goign to happen.
    Well most of the people in my dept. knew it was going to happen at some point, but we were sketchy about the date. Nothing like a good secret I suppose
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• My cuties!

Great pictures!! Can't wait to see this parade!

• Minion

yea i was there too . . . i got to sit right on the curb when they were filming the commercial . . . it was awesome . . . here are some pix i took . . . i put more up soon if you guys want

• Still wants to be a cat!

Was rushing to the BB for dinner (running late of course), so didn't get to stop and check out the floats. Thanks for the pictures, of course I didn't have a camera either.
    Looks like this should be an awesome parade! Can hardly wait for the full show!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    That guy pushing the green teacup looks so happy, its killing me.

Where have they been storing these things? In the buildings out back? Also, how much more of the float is there? The floats all look very nice! Im trying to get a trip down there before I move to FL in August. Its just so darn expensive!

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market
    Those floats are awesome! My favorite part is Simba and Nala, they look so real! When the music plays, the both sing along to it, and Simba does a little dance with his feet. I love it!

There was also a black storyboard of the parade by the filmers...I couldn't get a good look at it because the CMs wouldn't let anybody stop, but I have a picture of it somewhere.

• Banned User

The way Simba moved his feet was just amazing!

• dreams do come true

simba is a puppet thats why he is coverd its not because he broke the cast member had to get inside it. its like the one from the lion king parade but the movement is identical to the puppet. nala im not sure of but simba i am positive is a puppet.

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    you have no idea how hard it was NOT to spill the beans that this was goign to happen.
    Good for you for resisting the temptation and keeping the secret!!!

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    Also, the mad tea party had some nice touches with the trampoline/table and the deck of cards. There were also these independently moving ride-vehical sized tea cups zooming about. They had an odd metal bar in the middle of them that was perplexing us, as we weren't sure what they were used for. I especially liked the the giant spoons and giant sugar cubes... very cute.
    the metal bars are for the tweedles to move the teacups. they are not motorized in any way and have to be pushed (ala the flintstones )up the parade route.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey

THANK YOU !

• Minion

I was there yesterday when they closed off Main Street. They kept on yelling at people to keep moving and not to stop and watch. I was like maybe they should do this before it opens. It seems like later on they didn't care about people stoping and watching. Walking down that little side walk was horrible. My 1 year old and I were steped on ALOT!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast