Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Vehicle rotating backward

So, uh, why did they make the roof blue on the train station float?

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    the metal bars are for the tweedles to move the teacups. they are not motorized in any way and have to be pushed (ala the flintstones )up the parade route.
    Aha! Thanks for the info.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• is confuzzled.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    So, uh, why did they make the roof blue on the train station float?
    my guess is because it goes with the blue and gold on the 50th's logo.

• Banned User

Nice....Any word on the sound track yet??

• Creative Director

Steve Davison said that Simba and Nala were both animatronics, not puppets.
    Also, How could someone get inside simba, it doesn't even look like it could fit a person inside it any way.

•   
    • Disney Dream 10/23!!

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite
    Steve Davison said that Simba and Nala were both animatronics, not puppets.
    Also, How could someone get inside simba, it doesn't even look like it could fit a person inside it any way.
    I was working, and I saw someone go under the tarp... ??

It was so cool!! Our locations ( Main street fruit cart/little red wagon/tiki Juice Bar) were so perfect for looking at the parade- I got to see everything up close, and I walked out right before all of the performers. I got to walk around the Alice and Wonderland float because I had to go to tiki, and it is so beautiful!! Days like that bring back my joy for disneyland.

• Head Salesman

Maybe they needed to open up Simba to fix/adjust something, and they didn't want the kiddies to freak.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Nice....Any word on the sound track yet??
    I've heard the soundtrack pretty much in its entirety. Here are a few updates I can provide:

1) Before each showstop, the music fades out and walt himself comes on and says: "To all who come to this happy place..." and there's a pause..."welcome!" and THEN the showstop begins. It sounds really cool!

2) the parade opening music is narrated by julie andrews

3) each float has its own unique music (not each UNIT like the xmas fantasy parade).

4) from what I heard, the music sounds GREAT (though it would be useless to elaborate on what it sounds like in a text thread like this...just know that is sounds really good! )
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    Maybe they needed to open up Simba to fix/adjust something, and they didn't want the kiddies to freak.
    It is an animatronic and was just being worked on.

• Head Salesman

If you watch the video of the parade filming, on MouseHub.com, watch Simba's from legs very carefully. You'll notice that they lift up and shift, as if someone IS inside. I have yet to see an AA that can do this as realistic as that!

Also, what is the audio used in that video? Is it from the parade? I've never heard it before, and it does sound Disneyish.

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Minion

^ The movements are so great! But the eyes....have something left to be desired, so snake-like. The audio is from Brother Bear, i'm not sure if it's going to be used for the parade though. I personally don't care for the song at all but whatever.

• Banned User

If you watch the video of the parade filming, on MouseHub.com, watch Simba's from legs very carefully. You'll notice that they lift up and shift, as if someone IS inside. I have yet to see an AA that can do this as realistic as that!

Also, what is the audio used in that video? Is it from the parade? I've never heard it before, and it does sound Disneyish.
    You would be amazed at what Disney can do with animatronics. It is not impossible to lift up the front and shift it. Btw I watched it and repeated the part where the legs move. They dont lift up they drag.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 04-24-2005 at 12:39 AM.

• Head Salesman

I've never liked Brother Bear, so that explains why I don't recognize the song.

I know how sophisticated Disney AAs can be, and I know how people move. That has to be a person inside; the movement just looks too human to me. But, there is a possiblility you could be right—it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

• Banned User

I've never liked Brother Bear, so that explains why I don't recognize the song.

I know how sophisticated Disney AAs can be, and I know how people move. That has to be a person inside; the movement just looks too human to me. But, there is a possiblility you could be right—it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.
    Well knowing how cheap Disney has been recently as far as AA's go I wouldn't be surprised that it is a person inside. But I still believe that it is animatronic. It could be part animatronic though and half human operated. What about Nala is she animatronic?
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 04-24-2005 at 01:20 AM.

• Head Salesman

Dunno. I can't tell from the video. But I've only seen her head move. Would you spend gobs of money on just an AA head? Until better videos pop up, someone sees the parade in person, or we get word from a reliable source, it'll be a short while before we really find out.

But then again, she has simple, limited movements that could be achieved with simple motors. Who knows.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast