Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I just want the MBC back, because although it's been gone long, it did add motion to the area that the subs didn't. Now that motion is gone. And it's worse, with barely any monorails operating and nothing on the Peoplemover track (I cant decide if i'd want Peoplemover or Rods back!).

• Minion

I think the MBC area was filled for the 4th and 5th so they dont have just a massive wall of bland boards up. Thats my guess at least.

• Banned User

I am waitin to see a cloth over the
    construction walls and under it have a Grand mural depicting the future of the area it is surrouding.. to add some great color for the one spot under construction during the 50th..... if it remains walled up...

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    NO it's not dead, I think they will realize that with the infrastructure of Autopia and Monorail above it, the motor boat cruise canal can't really work for much of anything else besides a boat ride.

They could use different boats and re theme it if they wanted to, but the actual attraction that goes through the area really works as a boat ride.

don't you realize

they're obviously building aquatopia back there just like I've always suggested

comon discovery/exploration-land opening in 2008

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    don't you realize

they're obviously building aquatopia back there just like I've always suggested

comon discovery/exploration-land opening in 2008
    I really hope you are right...

But you realize dont you Jspider that Aquatopia is not a boat ride? It's an outdoor TDL-Pooh vehicle that uses global positioning to run around on top of a shallow 3" puddle. So if they do put in Aquatopia, you'll be sunk down in a trench unless they fill in the canals 1/2 way.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Hmmmm. I'll find out on Sunday and let you know.
    OK it's Sunday. Common man, I only work there, I have to rely on non-CMs with great hair for my information!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    I really hope you are right...

But you realize dont you Jspider that Aquatopia is not a boat ride? It's an outdoor TDL-Pooh vehicle that uses global positioning to run around on top of a shallow 3" puddle. So if they do put in Aquatopia, you'll be sunk down in a trench unless they fill in the canals 1/2 way.
    oh I know what it is

it's a futuristic type dealy about a vehical that runs in water in a shallow puddle

but then again the motorboat cruise is shallow so why not install in effects and shallow up the place

bam great scenery amazingly fun ride that is random and a sure fire hit with everyone you can easily use the scenery and new effects to ownez Tokyo's version :B

it uses positioning and probably a good tracking system but I don't think it's global, remeber they need to track precise movements in a small area rather then large movements in a gereral area, I wouldn't be suprised if all the tracking is done localy rather then from space

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Hey Aquatopia is a GREAT idea, it would use the unused space, AND could contribute to a new themed area....but honestly, an "exploration land" wouldnt have much room to breathe...Matterhorn, Subs, Aquatopia...they are all kinda squeezed together to beginwith...then theres the problem of the Subs loading in Tomorrowland, and the total lack of expansion space...ie, Aquatopia would be the last new attraction in that land....I love the idea of it, but its so SMALL!

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark
    Hey Aquatopia is a GREAT idea, it would use the unused space, AND could contribute to a new themed area....but honestly, an "exploration land" wouldnt have much room to breathe...Matterhorn, Subs, Aquatopia...they are all kinda squeezed together to beginwith...then theres the problem of the Subs loading in Tomorrowland, and the total lack of expansion space...ie, Aquatopia would be the last new attraction in that land....I love the idea of it, but its so SMALL!
    well that's kinda the idea

alot of the lands are small these days but everything gets it's place

the area to me has always seemed seperate, it's obvious that the Subs and Matterhorn go together and teh Autopia fits in pretty well too and with the motorboat cruise running parralel?

I mean this area has NEVER felt like Tomorrowland to me and it certanly isn't fantasyland (besides I hate streatching the fantasyland theme and trying to feed it a big chunk of the park, fantasyland just doesn't work for me)

sometimes lands just run together

I mean look at New Orleans Square and Frontierland

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    well that's kinda the idea

I always ask my friends when we pass the entrance to Tarzan's Treehouse

"OK what land are we in."

To their right they see the Frontierland restaurant, to the left is Pirates, and they know they just saw Tarzan's queue.

They always say "I dont' know" and I tell them they're in all 3 at once.

the cruise may come back. how expensive would 20 boats be anyway? you figure about 10 thou each. the track system is really easy also. you take the stearing mechanisms out of the boats and you put 2 rods under each boat. they have a track already set. it would be like replaceing autopia cars. you could easily find them anywhere. it seems to me that most amusement parks have some type of car track system anyways. they should just set up some type of fantasia theme there. like donald and daisy and noahs ark. I know there is not alot of exitement for this type of ride. but what other ride could 7 month to 2 year olds enjoy. this would be fun for them.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Very True, AND the parade route would make a really good border.

• Minion

Maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't MBC on the Dark Water system? Because this definitely didn't look like dark water.

I doubt the original MBC is coming back, but I agree, it's too well integrated into other attractions in that quadrant to be unused, or reused as a playground. Then again, with the Chevron obligation supposedly coming to an end in a few years, it also seems foolish to put too much money into an attraction in that space just yet. (Think too of the SuperMonster Limo budget and that ride's place between two defunct park offerings.)

Just like the bubbles and waterfalls in the Sub lagoon help its water from getting funky faster, I think the Fantasia Gardens area needs SOMEthing with motion, because it was already looking littered on Friday. I think they could do something like the Snow White Grotto back there, and make a very cost-effective temporary solution to that area while they wait for 2010 to roll around.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast