Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioDisneyTech
    Last I had heard the Motorboard cruise is to be filled in with dirt, it is being planned and looked at By Matt and his crew of imagineers to expand on this area at a later date,around 2008.
    Wait. Why would they remove the beautiful water around this area right before the start of the 50th only to let it sit there for a couple of years? I can understand if they wouldn't want to have the boards up anytime soon if a new attraction would go in soon, but if it isn't until 2008 why do we not get to look at the water for years? It's sad.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Wait. Why would they remove the beautiful water around this area right before the start of the 50th only to let it sit there for a couple of years? I can understand if they wouldn't want to have the boards up anytime soon if a new attraction would go in soon, but if it isn't until 2008 why do we not get to look at the water for years? It's sad.
    Or at least, start filling it now and putting in some inexpensive but colorful landscaping.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Maybe they are working on landscaping right now behind those curtains.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    Maybe they are working on landscaping right now behind those curtains.
    Perhaps, but again, if the loading area was drained, why fill it with water again, rather than just landscaping IT?

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer

What other Pixar movies haven't been exhausted?
    Well, let's see...

Toy Story (1&2) - Buzz Lightyear ride & Woody show(s)
    Bug's Life - 3D movie in DCA
    Nemo - Sub overlay
    Monsters, Inc - Limo redo
    Incredibles - Nothing yet
    Cars - Autopia overlay rumored

Doesn't look like exhaustion yet, but unfortunately, the two rides in DL
    are pretty close (or three if we include Cars). All in TL. Also the Pixar-cation of
    TL has been pretty rapid as well.

There's a lot of neat Pixar shorts, but Disney doesn't have rights to those.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Maybe they wanna keep a small lagoon around the covered seating area.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by RadioDisneyTech
    Last I had heard the Motorboard cruise is to be filled in with dirt...
    That's why we're confused as to why they put water back in it.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Hmmmmm how about a Little Mermaid Theme? Or maybe they should just bring back the Gummi Bears overlay...Hehehehehehehehhe :devil:

• Banned User

I say make it a queue for the submarine voyage and get some serious theme for the queue.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    That's why we're confused as to why they put water back in it.
    FEARSNDA: Did you ever find out?

Perhaps since the sub lagoon is drained and being worked on, they decided just to have a clean clear motorboat lagoon to let the monorail soar over until the happiest profits on Earth come in.

I never realized they were seperated into two bodies of water before, but apparently it's obvious since the submarine water is so much more chlorinated and so much clearer.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    So any news on the MOTOR BOAT real estate? ? ?

This is like the best kept secret at Disneyland.

• Circle of Ancients

I say they fill it in and bring over the Alice in Wonderland maze from DLP. It will fit with the area IMO.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I say they fill it in and bring over the Alice in Wonderland maze from DLP. It will fit with the area IMO.
    I like that idea, I would think it was charming and beautiful but it would not draw any income for the park so I think it's got a snowball's chance in Mr Toad's third act of getting planted...

Though the maze could go over in the Disneyland HOTEL don't you think?

Why not build the Pirate Ship Restarant and Grotto over there too and make the DL HOTEL kind of a Yesterland Hotel with various old school Disneyland attractions going there to 'retire'.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    I like that idea, I would think it was charming and beautiful but it would not draw any income for the park so I think it's got a snowball's chance in Mr Toad's third act of getting planted...

Though the maze could go over in the Disneyland HOTEL don't you think?

Why not build the Pirate Ship Restarant and Grotto over there too and make the DL HOTEL kind of a Yesterland Hotel with various old school Disneyland attractions going there to 'retire'.
    Yeah, I've liked the idea of a Yesterland hotel, sort of along the lines of the Pop Century resorts but a bit more upscale. The maze would be perfect for something like that.

Heck, I could even go for a whole Alice resort. But yes, I suppose going by the Disney Century concept, some "decades" would be much bigger than others.

Anyhoo... I'd like to see something boat-based over there in the old MBC. Maybe dig out a new path so that you don't retrace so much of your round-trip path. Personally, I'd like it to be considered inside the borders of Tomorrowland, or at least more transitional, but I think no matter what you could really create a mesmerizing environment to float through.

-- Walt Disney

I was on the monorail on the 9th and looked like the actual pathing for the cruse is drained but the area near the canopy still had water. They had dammed up areas leading into the course and drained the water out of just there when I looked. Sorry Didnt get a pic but camera was out of film at the time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast