• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quick Disneyland/DCA Photo Update - April 21, 2005

I took a quick trip to DLR Thursday after class, and quick it was. We had an early-out so three friends and I headed down to Anaheim to get my friend her annual pass and to get in a couple rides (we only got in three rides total.)

We arrived at the parks at 4:45 and Disneyland closed at 7 and DCA closed at 6. I felt bad for all the people visiting, all the big families scrambling at the World of Disney after the parks closed to get last-minute souvineers for family back home. Seemed like there were a LOT of out of towners who got jipped with short park hours.

Anyway, here are some pictures... Theyre all just pictures of stuff thats already been photographed and posted at the MouseInfo boards... but what the hey- I took the pictures- why let them go to waste, right?

Hope you all enjoy- see you at Disneyland May 5!

The Main Street Train station has a prominent 50th logo. These things are popping up everywhere... even on the Columbia.. theres a photo of that a little later..

Lampposts are turning gold throughout Town Square and onto Main Street.

The Opera House/Lincoln Theater doesnt have anymore construction walls.. It still had some when I was there last in late March... A nice golden lamppost is in front of the theater.

50th logo on the HISTA theater... Who knows why HISTA got one. Does anybody even go to this anymore?

I was tempted to venture inside Innoventions for once because of the nice new paint... But I realized it was all a trick... even if it is a really good-looking trick... New paint doesnt fool me! (it also kinda reminds me of swiss cheese)

This cracked me up - two parents have their daughters pose on the newly re-done Club Buzz stage, completely ignoring the sign RIGHT INFRONT OF THEM telling people NOT to get on the stage. ...they just don't care, do they?

New Buzz Happiest Faces mural. It's pretty high up, so good luck finding your photos! I heard the Winnie the Pooh one is just as bad/high/weirdly located/positioned.. I didn't have a chance to actually see it though- no time when the park closes at 7 pm!

Paint continues its progression through Tomorrowland at the old PeopleMover station

50th logo at Pirates.

I dont know, but this 50th logo seems like its just in a weird spot...

And some Monsters Inc photos... Some Cast Members were walking by talking about it... they were specifically talking about the Monsters Inc theme of the ride and how theyre so excited for it. I just stood in the shadows until they passed so I could get some photos.. haha

And I snapped this close-up of the Block Party cone by the parking structure... Lettering is already peeling off it. They must not be planning on keeping them around any longer than May 5, when the festivities begin..

And here's one to show you the full cone and how big it is ... The commercial it shows is really short and just loops over and over again... It would have been nice if it were longer... at least for the one near the Parking Structure.. waiting for the tram can take a while sometimes... they could have just chopped it down for the one in the esplanade so people could see it quickly before walking into DCA

and the one in the esplanade...

Well, that's all. Sorry I couldnt get more photos of more interesting things.. Trust me, I wanted to... but my group wanted to get a few rides in beofre the 7pm closing after travelling those two and a half hours down to Anaheim... can you blame them?

I'll have a ton of photos on May 5 (and possibly May 4, if my friend can weasel his way in via his DLR connections

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Those are great, especially the 50th Mickeys- I didn't expect them to be so large!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Seemed like there were a LOT of out of towners who got jipped with short park hours...

Who knows why HISTA got one. Does anybody even go to this anymore?...

New paint doesnt fool me! (it also kinda reminds me of swiss cheese)...

I heard the Winnie the Pooh one is just as bad/high/weirdly located/positioned.. I didn't have a chance to actually see it though- no time when the park closes at 7 pm!...

I dont know, but this 50th logo seems like its just in a weird spot...

Lettering is already peeling off it. They must not be planning on keeping them around any longer than May 5, when the festivities begin..

The commercial it shows is really short and just loops over and over again...
    waiting for the tram can take a while sometimes...

Sorry I couldnt get more photos of more interesting things.. Trust me, I wanted to... but my group wanted to get a few rides in beofre the 7pm closing
    Gheez... almost every one of your comments had something bad to say about the park or certain attraction in the pic, or the 500 (ok 3, but felt like 500 after reading them all) comments about the 7pm closing...

Just FYI- Disney has had the 7pm closing listed on their website and through calling Guest Relations for a while now. If I was an "out of towner" spending thousands of dollars on a vacation I might call ahead and check on things like park hours or attractions/shows that will be closed for my visit, so I'm not sure how they got "jipped". Although maybe I'm the only one who wouldn't freely throw away my money and not plan out my trip.

Why do you even have an AP? I'm sure there will be many more negative comments to come once you get pics of POD, Remember and Space.
    Last edited by Wesley815; 04-23-2005 at 02:51 AM.
    -Wes

• OM NOM NOM

The Main Street Train station has a prominent 50th logo. These things are popping up everywhere... even on the Columbia.. there's a photo of that a little later..
    Yeah, I count 15 so far...
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Minion

Thanks for whatever photos you could get!

• OM NOM NOM

Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Senior Minion

Thanks for the photos!!
    The Golden Mickey on the "Maiden"of the Columbia is in the worst spot. Since they never run the sails anymore, why not put a larger one on the main mast in the center of the Columbia.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Official Mice Chat person

Thanks for the pics, they really need to paint the imagination institute sign.

• Banned User

Imgination institute is there cause it looks good... Even thought the "movie" gets boring after the 3rd time in 10 years of going on it..

Great photos...

I just mean they need to paint the sign to match with the new colors a bit more.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815
    Gheez... almost every one of your comments had something bad to say about the park or certain attraction in the pic, or the 500 (ok 3, but felt like 500 after reading them all) comments about the 7pm closing...

Just FYI- Disney has had the 7pm closing listed on their website and through calling Guest Relations for a while now. If I was an "out of towner" spending thousands of dollars on a vacation I might call ahead and check on things like park hours or attractions/shows that will be closed for my visit, so I'm not sure how they got "jipped". Although maybe I'm the only one who wouldn't freely throw away my money and not plan out my trip.

Why do you even have an AP? I'm sure there will be many more negative comments to come once you get pics of POD, Remember and Space.
    Umm... Most of my comments were honest and truthful. Read:

The Main Street Train station has a prominent 50th logo. These things are popping up everywhere... even on the Columbia.. theres a photo of that a little later.. Negative? Nope.

Lampposts are turning gold throughout Town Square and onto Main Street. Not negative, only stating what is seen in the photo.

The Opera House/Lincoln Theater doesnt have anymore construction walls.. It still had some when I was there last in late March... A nice golden lamppost is in front of the theater. Negative? Not at all. In fact, I point out the nice gold lamppost.

50th logo on the HISTA theater... Who knows why HISTA got one. Does anybody even go to this anymore? Negative? Maybe. Nevertheless, it's truthful... I don't know anybody who goes to HISTA anymore when they go to Disneyland unless theyre hosting some relatives to a visit at the park.

I was tempted to venture inside Innoventions for once because of the nice new paint... But I realized it was all a trick... even if it is a really good-looking trick... New paint doesnt fool me! (it also kinda reminds me of swiss cheese) Negative. Half and half. Many of us don't enjoy the presence of Innoventions, thats for sure.. But I clearly praised the new paint job.

This cracked me up - two parents have their daughters pose on the newly re-done Club Buzz stage, completely ignoring the sign RIGHT INFRONT OF THEM telling people NOT to get on the stage. ...they just don't care, do they? A truthful, honest observation.

New Buzz Happiest Faces mural. It's pretty high up, so good luck finding your photos! I heard the Winnie the Pooh one is just as bad/high/weirdly located/positioned.. I didn't have a chance to actually see it though- no time when the park closes at 7 pm! I didnt necessarily mean for this one to sound bad. I love the new photo collages, however, you gotta admit, some of them, namely the Buzz and Pooh ones are very high up which is strange when theres hundreds of small photos to look at in those things!

Paint continues its progression through Tomorrowland at the old PeopleMover station Is paint not progressing through Tomorrowland?

50th logo at Pirates. Negative?

I dont know, but this 50th logo seems like its just in a weird spot... It is in a strange spot. Sorry, but ... I dont know, but big gold Mickey ears on a mermaid's bosom is a bit.. odd..

And some Monsters Inc photos... Some Cast Members were walking by talking about it... they were specifically talking about the Monsters Inc theme of the ride and how theyre so excited for it. I just stood in the shadows until they passed so I could get some photos.. haha Negative comments? Nu uh.

And I snapped this close-up of the Block Party cone by the parking structure... Lettering is already peeling off it. They must not be planning on keeping them around any longer than May 5, when the festivities begin.. Could be seen as negative, I admit. However, the lettering IS peeling off already, and those cones have only been up for a short time.

And here's one to show you the full cone and how big it is ... The commercial it shows is really short and just loops over and over again... It would have been nice if it were longer... at least for the one near the Parking Structure.. waiting for the tram can take a while sometimes... they could have just chopped it down for the one in the esplanade so people could see it quickly before walking into DCA The commercial IS really short. Just suggesting it would have been nicer to see more though. Not really that negative.

As for the 7pm closing.. Well, its just such an early closing time. I'm sure not all out-of-towners are as internet-savvy or think to call Disney. And I didn't say everybody there was spending thousands of dollars on multi-day trips. When I used to go with my family we would go just for the day... even after DCA opened. A lot of people I know did that too... and I'm sure that even more still do that now.

Oh, and I have an AP because I love Disneyland. I live for Disneyland.
    Sites and message boards like MiceChat are here to discuss, offer opinions of and even criticize what's going on at the parks. So sorry if you were offended, but to be blunt, I dont really care.

Thanks everybody else's positive feedback to my post.

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Great pics! I got a good laugh out of the columbia's 50th marker placement. Wonder if the haunted mansion's going to be getting one, too. o.o

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Umm... Most of my comments were honest and truthful. Read:

The Main Street Train station has a prominent 50th logo. These things are popping up everywhere... even on the Columbia.. theres a photo of that a little later.. Negative? Nope.

Lampposts are turning gold throughout Town Square and onto Main Street. Not negative, only stating what is seen in the photo.

The Opera House/Lincoln Theater doesnt have anymore construction walls.. It still had some when I was there last in late March... A nice golden lamppost is in front of the theater. Negative? Not at all. In fact, I point out the nice gold lamppost.

50th logo on the HISTA theater... Who knows why HISTA got one. Does anybody even go to this anymore? Negative? Maybe. Nevertheless, it's truthful... I don't know anybody who goes to HISTA anymore when they go to Disneyland unless theyre hosting some relatives to a visit at the park.

I was tempted to venture inside Innoventions for once because of the nice new paint... But I realized it was all a trick... even if it is a really good-looking trick... New paint doesnt fool me! (it also kinda reminds me of swiss cheese) Negative. Half and half. Many of us don't enjoy the presence of Innoventions, thats for sure.. But I clearly praised the new paint job.

This cracked me up - two parents have their daughters pose on the newly re-done Club Buzz stage, completely ignoring the sign RIGHT INFRONT OF THEM telling people NOT to get on the stage. ...they just don't care, do they? A truthful, honest observation.

New Buzz Happiest Faces mural. It's pretty high up, so good luck finding your photos! I heard the Winnie the Pooh one is just as bad/high/weirdly located/positioned.. I didn't have a chance to actually see it though- no time when the park closes at 7 pm! I didnt necessarily mean for this one to sound bad. I love the new photo collages, however, you gotta admit, some of them, namely the Buzz and Pooh ones are very high up which is strange when theres hundreds of small photos to look at in those things!

Paint continues its progression through Tomorrowland at the old PeopleMover station Is paint not progressing through Tomorrowland?

50th logo at Pirates. Negative?

I dont know, but this 50th logo seems like its just in a weird spot... It is in a strange spot. Sorry, but ... I dont know, but big gold Mickey ears on a mermaid's bosom is a bit.. odd..

And some Monsters Inc photos... Some Cast Members were walking by talking about it... they were specifically talking about the Monsters Inc theme of the ride and how theyre so excited for it. I just stood in the shadows until they passed so I could get some photos.. haha Negative comments? Nu uh.

And I snapped this close-up of the Block Party cone by the parking structure... Lettering is already peeling off it. They must not be planning on keeping them around any longer than May 5, when the festivities begin.. Could be seen as negative, I admit. However, the lettering IS peeling off already, and those cones have only been up for a short time.

And here's one to show you the full cone and how big it is ... The commercial it shows is really short and just loops over and over again... It would have been nice if it were longer... at least for the one near the Parking Structure.. waiting for the tram can take a while sometimes... they could have just chopped it down for the one in the esplanade so people could see it quickly before walking into DCA The commercial IS really short. Just suggesting it would have been nicer to see more though. Not really that negative.

As for the 7pm closing.. Well, its just such an early closing time. I'm sure not all out-of-towners are as internet-savvy or think to call Disney. And I didn't say everybody there was spending thousands of dollars on multi-day trips. When I used to go with my family we would go just for the day... even after DCA opened. A lot of people I know did that too... and I'm sure that even more still do that now.

Oh, and I have an AP because I love Disneyland. I live for Disneyland.
    Sites and message boards like MiceChat are here to discuss, offer opinions of and even criticize what's going on at the parks. So sorry if you were offended, but to be blunt, I dont really care.

Thanks everybody else's positive feedback to my post.

I totally agree, you werent being negative in my mind, and shame on the person who said you were being negative! Even if you were negative, it's your opinion, thats why we have message boards, to agree and disagree!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

I agree! That part of your post made me laugh really hard for some reason