Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Wink Our contribution to Disneyland's Birthday Trip Reports

We were part of the boat sinking fun on POTC on Sunday, prior to that we hit Splash, HM, POTC(about 10 times during the 3 days it's my youngest's favorite)Autopia , Buzz and Talking with Stitch(another thing my 7 year old loves

We had fun at the meet, where my 7 year old discovered the glory that is Dustysage, and he STILL hasn't stopped talking about him
    It was great to see so many friends at the meet and to get that ginormous DMCA pictures

We had a great stop at the Cover Bar for lobster nachos and some great conversation. So great to meet Mcow and the Clinksalot!!

Monday, we were at the park at opening and got through Fantasyland in record speed

BUT before that both boys got their "magic moments" my youngest is a HUGE Peter Pan fan and Peter was there right in the front playing with the kids, he got his autograph and picture and was beaming.

Right after that we saw all the suits lined up and saw Matt Ouimet, my oldest is a big fan of his, he even did a book report on him last year and interviewed him by email. I talked to a castmember(who was WONDERFUL)and she took my oldest over to Matt Ouimet and introduced him to my son and my son got to talk to him for a few minutes and then CM Matt asked to take a picture with him, Kyler was BEAMING!! He was shaking afterwards, it was great. Thanks to All Aglow for getting a great picture of it!!
    We watched the birthday celebration, did some more rides and hit that meet where my youngest and Tinkerbelle's youngest meet and bonded within 10 seconds.

The best part of the shot is they were singing "yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me" together!! They were beyond adorable. We did some pictures with the incredible Never Grow Up(awesome photographer, can't say enough good!!)
    We gave up on more pictures due to the heat and humidity and headed over to HM where my oldest caught a ride with Limperbelle aka Tinkerbelle

We had collected Where's Barbie, Pixie Chick and Pixie Chick's adorable son, who was the third to the triple threat of my son and Tinkerbelle's son. I took all three of them in one doom buggie on HM, that was an experience!! They were soooooooo funny!
    After splitting up with Tinkerbelle and her adorable son we stopped by first aid for an ice pack for my oldest and low and behold Mickey, Minnie and Aurora were there!! So my two boys and Pixie Chick's son got one on one time with three of them unteruppted!!

After that we stopped by the Hearthstone and visited more, and did some rides in DCA. We got great right in front of the castle spots for the fireworks, great spots and after that my youngest pooped out while the oldest stayed with our friends from Stockton and Mtngirl and her husband(who so totally rock)
    Tuesday was great with a wonderful long leisurely lunch at Blue Bayou, all though I was completely underwhelmed with my first ever Monte Cristo sorry and underwhelmed with the Blue Bayous new menu period. BUT the Creme Brulee Trio was heavenly Lunch was wonderful
    I finally got a chance to get on TOT thanks to G4 sitting with my youngest who refuses to ride it without Dustysage then I got to ride Space finally! due to the wonderfulness that is Mtngirl, whom my kids absolutely adore!!

My youngest pooped out and we left but my oldest got to stick around and see the Electrical Light Parade, which he took pictures of with his cell phone and sent to my youngest back at the hotel
    My youngest and I visited with Grumpy4 at the hotel briefly while he ate a late supper and then we watched fireworks in the parking lot of the hotel.

Wrap up
    *Sheraton Anaheim was a WONDERFUL stay yet again, we are liking this hotel more and more with each stay. Their shuttle is theirs and theirs only and prompt and quick. The rooms are large and comfy and the deli downstairs is great for a quick breakfast!
    *Disappointed that there was no "official" group singing of Happy Birthday to Disneyland on Monday, but moved by the ceremony
    *Disappointed in the menu changes at Blue Bayou, but impressed with the dessert! Next trip Cafe Orleans
    *So much fun sinking the boat on POTC
    *Dustysage has fans of all ages
    Last edited by dsnylndmom; 07-20-2006 at 09:37 PM.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Re: Our contribution to Disneyland's Birthday Trip Reports

Tina that is an awesome report! Glad you and the boys had so much fun despite the GOD AWFUL heat and humidity. Cute, cute pics!
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom

Wow, what a Kodak moment!

Great report, thank you so much for sharing. I cannot believe how much you all packed into a few days. Plus, your son meeting Matt is such a memory! I love hearing all the amazing trip reports and hopefully some day I will get to join in one of the meets and share in some of this fun.

That is so cute. What a great time you had thans for sharing
    "A pirates life for me"

Next trip to Disneyland April 3 to April 7 2011 For our second honneymoon and with out the kids.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Thats so sweet they got some special treatment in first aid - how awesome for them!!

• Circle of Ancients

We must have crossed paths in Fantasyland on Monday morning, we were there at opening too.

Thanks for the pics. It was nice to finally meet you.

That Kodak moment is definitely priceless -- especially because they were singing "yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me" together!! Too cute for words. I guess it's just another reason you keep coming back for more. Cheers.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Greatest spontaneous burst of song EVER! I totally remember how we all sort of paused for a second before bursting into laughter as we whipped out the cameras

Did you get the pics of CM Matt? I emailed them yesterday but didn't resize them because I didn't want to affect the quality!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by All Aglow
    Did you get the pics of CM Matt? I emailed them yesterday but didn't resize them because I didn't want to affect the quality!
    Yeah we got them, Kyler was so excited! Thank you!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    Thats so sweet they got some special treatment in first aid - how awesome for them!!
    No kidding! You better not let the word get out you get one-on-one treatment from a Princess in the first aid station or there may be an epidemic of males that suddenly need assistance

• Don't mess with the duck!

How cool is that, getting private time with Minnie, Mickey and Aurora. Do characters usually stop by there or just lucky?

Adorable pictures, thank you so much for sharing!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

We had a great time seeing all of our MC friends & meeting some new ones, too! Pixie Kid was so happy to have some friends his age to play with at DL!
    <o>

• Minion

those pics in first aid are adorable

thanks for sharing!!

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Thank you for sharing such wonderful pics and recap. This has got to be one of the cutest pics ever.

• Again! Again! Again!

Great shots Dmom!! I have some good ones of the boys too! As for watching Shawn...no problem! We rode Monsters Inc instead!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast