Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    818

    Indy in need of Rehab?

    I think so. There are just so many broken things on Indy. Its one (if not THE one) of the best rides in the DL and I hate to see it in dis-repair. Last time I went, the spinning generator was off. There was plants and stuff growing inside by the belt so it looks like its been off for some time now. Then also the falling spike room is not working. The bamboo support is all limp and wobbly. Also, with the fastpass, people donít get a chance to experience the Q anymore... Sad. One of the best Q's ever (besides Star Tours) and you zip right through it.

    Then in the ride itself, a lot of the elements were not working. When was the last time they had the falling rats on? The spider wall is out of focus and just looks bad. The new snake is cool, but the hologram ghost is just a poor effect.

    I donít want them to change Indy at all. Its perfect the way it is!!! But it would be nice if they simply fix a lot of the broken things. Hello Matt?

  2. #2

    • OM NOM NOM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Coast Metro
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    I think so. There are just so many broken things on Indy. Its one (if not THE one) of the best rides in the DL and I hate to see it in dis-repair. Last time I went, the spinning generator was off. There was plants and stuff growing inside by the belt so it looks like its been off for some time now. Then also the falling spike room is not working. The bamboo support is all limp and wobbly. Also, with the fastpass, people donít get a chance to experience the Q anymore... Sad. One of the best Q's ever (besides Star Tours) and you zip right through it.

    Then in the ride itself, a lot of the elements were not working. When was the last time they had the falling rats on? The spider wall is out of focus and just looks bad. The new snake is cool, but the hologram ghost is just a poor effect.

    I donít want them to change Indy at all. Its perfect the way it is!!! But it would be nice if they simply fix a lot of the broken things. Hello Matt?
    I went yesterday and today. The generator was running, and the Spike Room was working as well.

    And what do you mean by "Experiencing the Q"? You mean they miss out on the thrill of going through switchbacks for 30 minutes in front of a temple that they still get to see anyway? Besides, the story starts inside the building, along the route that EVERYBODY has to go through. Fastpass doesn't get to go through the exit of the ride.

    Now we come to the inside of the ride. The falling rats effect is always on. The problem is that they cycle vehicles through that part too fast to give the smoke machine time to recover. I don't know about you, but I'd rather blast through that part and shorten ride times then lengthen the wait just to see some "Rats" fall from a branch.

    The Ghost is not a hologram, but is actually a picture painted on scrim netting. This type of netting allows you to toggle between two separate scenes just by changing the light source.

    Light comes from behind the netting: Back scene is viewable
    Light comes from in front of the netting: Front scene is viewable

    Why try to fix things that aren't broken? Rather, use that money to take out those ugly tarps in POTC.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.


  3. #3

    • Resident Neuroscientist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Posts
    1,143
    I've seen the rat effect working several times...I think it's just hit or miss...adds to the variability of the ride If an effect is broken when you visit, that doesn't mean it's always broken. It means they are working on it. The new administration actually maintains the rides.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!


  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    818
    I have rode on Indy about 20-30 times. I have seen the rat effect once or twice. Hit or miss? My luck cant be THAT bad

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    I have rode on Indy about 20-30 times. I have seen the rat effect once or twice. Hit or miss? My luck cant be THAT bad

    Last time I went was about two weeks ago and the ride never looked better in my opinion. The only effect that wasn't working was the 3 mummies that come at you on the big hydrolic. The laser effect was working beautifully. If you say that it is in bad repair you must not have seen it before the rehab. Before the rehab nothing worked.

  6. #6

    • Inappropriate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    I have rode on Indy about 20-30 times. I have seen the rat effect once or twice. Hit or miss? My luck cant be THAT bad
    Actually it is entirely possible. It makes you kinda unlucky, but still possible

    Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

  7. #7

    • Waiting 4 DCA Demolition
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    1,509
    On what part of the ride is the falling rat effect? Ive been on Indy like 15-20 times but i guess i dont notice it or miss it.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
    __________________________________________________________

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    818
    The falling rats is JUST before the dart room. If you notice, its a long dark room and they play a lot of "thud thud" sounds. If you look close, there is a dark black peace of cloth hanging down. Thats where the falling rats are. Well, supposed to be.

    This is how the effect works/looks

    Spoiler
    The effect works like this. A wall of smoke drift's down from the black cloth and images of rats jumping off a tree branch is projected onto the curtin of smoke. Its a GREAT effect and gets people ALL the time.

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Last time I went was about two weeks ago and the ride never looked better in my opinion. The only effect that wasn't working was the 3 mummies that come at you on the big hydrolic. The laser effect was working beautifully. If you say that it is in bad repair you must not have seen it before the rehab. Before the rehab nothing worked.
    When was it last in rebab? I know they recently got a new snake head (the last one looked like an inflated balloon), but I did not know if went through anything extensive.

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    When was it last in rebab? I know they recently got a new snake head (the last one looked like an inflated balloon), but I did not know if went through anything extensive.
    The snake was replaced last year during a very extensive rehab. It was in desperate need of it at the time, after the rehab everything looked great.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Within 78 miles of WDW...
    Posts
    8,864
    hmm.. perhaps they should remove one thing from the ride and offer more loading and find a way to twewek everything to run a bit faster... then there would be no need for FP and everyone can experance the entire queue....

  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    When was it last in rebab? I know they recently got a new snake head (the last one looked like an inflated balloon), but I did not know if went through anything extensive.
    The ride was down for 3 months last year.

  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,709
    A lot of effects work now that didn't prior to last April. Mara's eye laser works again, and quite a few more things explode now when it strikes them. Didn't they also replace the effect at the bottom of temple and make it look like it is lava.

  14. #14

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    A lot of effects work now that didn't prior to last April. Mara's eye laser works again, and quite a few more things explode now when it strikes them. Didn't they also replace the effect at the bottom of temple and make it look like it is lava.
    Yes the lava was made to look like it did when the ride opened.

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    I have rode on Indy about 20-30 times. I have seen the rat effect once or twice. Hit or miss? My luck cant be THAT bad
    As far as I know when they made the ride it was initially supposed to be random like TOT. I think they said something like 600,000 different combinations of things that can happen while you're on the ride. It's never the same ride twice. Everything's working...just not every time. That way when it does, it's a welcome surprise

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Rumor] Three new Indy AAs coming to Indy during major refurb?(Merged)
    By ManaByte in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 03:44 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 07:17 AM
  3. Indy Queue Rehab, No Fastpasses
    By Pipeek in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 10:06 AM
  4. Indy rehab 2008?
    By Disneyland RR Guy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 02:36 PM
  5. Indy needs rehab!
    By MAXandBELLESmom in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 11:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •