Alpine INN any info

HI,
    I am going in late Sept.
    I can book the Alpine Inn for about $60.(maybe less if I try harder) I WAS gonna stay at the Best Western Park Place Inn on Harbor, but the Alpine caught my eye. Anyone stay there? Pros Cons? It says it's close to the Lion King parking lot? Do you have to take a special tram? Easy? Hard? Close Far??

any info
    thanks
    Janette

Re: Alpine INN any info

Hi, I stayed at the Alpine Inn several years ago. Don't really remember the walk to the front gates of DL but seems like it wasn't too bad. We kinda went back behind the hotel, and snaked through the parking lot (Timon section?) and I think the trams could pick you up and take you along but it wasn't too far to just walk either. The motel was very basic but seemed decent enough -- basically just a spot to crash every night! The only thing that stands out in memory was the very strong smell of pancake syrup, mostly just hanging around the outdoor corridors. Weird but not entirely unpleasant -- just kinda strange!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Never been there, but I always always wanted to stay there as a kid. I was fascinated, as a So Cal native, by the fake snow on the roof year-round!
    A signature should go here.

• CM for 4 years!

One of the last beautiful Googie monuments of the "old" Katella, before Anaheim's beautification project. Alpine Inn is just that, a drive-in motor "lodge"-- complete with snowy rooves year-round. But I can't say anyone would be impressed by the rooms inside. The place was built in the 1960's!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• I met Walt Disney!

I have stayed at the Alpine Inn four nights (two different times) in the past 9 months. Although it is Rustic on the outside, the room we stayed in was modern, clean, and quiet. I can't say enough good about this place! Unless we can get some kind of a deal in October on a Disney Hotel, we will stay there again.

As far as the walk, there is a gate on Harbor across from the Convention Center that puts you in the Timon lot, where you can usually catch a tram. If the tram is not running, the walk isn't too bad. Even though we are AP holders and have parking paid for, we choose to leave our car at the Alpine when we stay there. In my opinion, it is the next best thing to staying on site.

Get a room on the second floor if possible. The views of DCA are outstanding!

Ken

The place has nothing to do with my name, but it's actually in Disney's big Katella-Harbor-I5-Ball-DisneylandDr block, and next to the DCA parking lot. I've never seen trams not running from there and it's a very short walk over.

There are quite a few similar motel places around, but it's hard to beat that location and prices will be the same everywhere for the most part.

• I <3 o

It's cute and little, they have a small pool, but there's usually no one in it. I'd stay there again.
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by Werner
    The only thing that stands out in memory was the very strong smell of pancake syrup, mostly just hanging around the outdoor corridors. Weird but not entirely unpleasant -- just kinda strange!
    Ha ha - sounds like you stayed there pre-DCA when the next door neighbor was Chalet Pancakes! That's so cool that you have that memory

• Minion

I have never stayed at the Alpine. I had a pre-conceived idea that it was old and rundown. I guess my memories of some of the hotels that used to be on katella (ie:The Heidi) just made me assume that the hotels that were left were the same. The positive posts in this thread intrigued me so I went to Tripadvisor.com and looked at the reviews there. Most of them are also very positive. I would say that it sounds like a nice little hotel and a great deal!