Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

New Star Tours Confirmed!

I'm over in Indiana for Star Wars Celebration III and George Lucas just made a rare appearance and, among other things, confirmed that Star Tours will be revamped in the near future.

• Minion

Really? Cool..Was this today? When? If you have any more details that would be great!

• Minion

Wow, I hope this is true, so awesome!

• I can't stand you.

Also, George Lucas said that the "Star Tours" thrill ride at Disney-MGM Studios will be getting an overhaul soon.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9301

Just MGM?

• Official Mice Chat person

Darn.. Just MGM? Why not DL?

• Diamond In The Rough

I think this partly just Lucas protecting his product. As a filmmaker, he's at the forefront of technological innovation and he doesn't wasn’t his universe associated with an aging simulator ride (albeit a great one).
    The new version is bound to be all-digital with in-ride effects and nods to ALL episodes of the Star Wars saga.

So relations with Lucas on a better footing now Eisner is out of the picture - next up Pixar!

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

if we revamp WDW, my guess is that our show will be revamped as well within 6-12 months IF the update is received well by the public.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    if we revamp WDW, my guess is that our show will be revamped as well within 6-12 months IF the update is received well by the public.
    Good point, but the show has been running longer at Disneyland. And Disneyland has more repeat guests than MGM. And the repeat guests come a lot more often than MGM. And it isn't MGM that will always be changing as long as there is inspiration left in the world. Walt said that about Disneyland. So when people complain they want the old one back, it would be better to have it debut in Disneyland so they can say "Hey Walt himself said Disneyland will always be changing, get over it".

Anyways, my two cents.

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    P.S. Outside of MiceAge and the other Disney sites, information about the theme parks is sketchy if you havent' noticed.

Coming Soon.net site is a movie based website, they aren't as likely to be familiar with theme parks or which attractions are cloned where.

The author probably just doesn't realize that Star Tours is a staple attraction of every Disney "Magic Kingdom" park outside Florida... DL-CA, TDL and DLP.

Does anybody know why it's not in PHASE I of HKDL? Perhaps Star Wars movies are too controversial in China? Have they ever been released there? They are about a bunch of revolutionaries overthrowing an evil empire. Have the censors in Mainland China ever allowed the movie into China, does anybody know?

• The Uber Film Geek

From theforce.net:

"He said there were plans to revamp Star Tours, and how those discussion started with Episode I. He said there were several great things planned, and some awesome ideas."

No mention of specific park in this summary.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Disneyland had Star Tours first so it should get the revamp first....at least at the same time as MGM. Isnt that normally how things work?

Has there ever been an attraction that opened in one park, but was only updated in its secondary locations?

I guess Circlevision was updated to Timekeeper, and Tiki Room was updated to Under New Management...but some would say those were downgrades (though not me )

• Merry 2014!

high on the wishes list would be revolving films with different hydraulics for each. dare to dream *sigh*
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Banned User

WDW's should get revamped first.. then DL's.... MGM has enough room and if they do it right can install it in what 2-6 months....

Then perfect the system and install it in DL faster....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    WDW's should get revamped first.. then DL's.... MGM has enough room and if they do it right can install it in what 2-6 months....

Then perfect the system and install it in DL faster....
    What does size have to do with anything?

• Banned User

THANK GOD!!! Ive been waiting over 6 years for this announcement(im not kidding either)!!!!!!

MGM has already been set up for the new Star Tours. They converted their gift shop with a tatooine themed and call it "tatooine traders' or something now and they've already been selling Star Tour II merchandise for years now...like they have a pin that says "Tatooine Express" and its gold and red instead of blue and silver.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast