Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

DLR and WDW... What's the future?

As we all know, Global Warming is screwing up our earth... for everyone that watches "Global Warming; what you need to know" on Discovery Channel you will know what I'm talking about, right now it is said that Flordia will completely disappear off the map, and CA will be flooded far past Anahiem.... so what is the future? I doubt they can or will move WDW or DLR. It is said that it could happen in the next 50 years or in the next 100 years, but certainaly not over 150 years. So I hope we all start getting our act together ans stop burning all these fossil fuels because it is the Disney parks on the edge and thousands upon thousands of lives at stake... Tell me what you think and what do you suppose USA's Disney parks futures are...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: DLR and WDW... What's the future?

More or less, it's out of consumer's hands in America. We've built our communities in such ways that theres no way to get around in many areas WITHOUT turning on that gas-sucking car. Not to mention, car companies have seduced consumers and created a terrible infatuation with Hummers, SUVS, and other completely unnecessary vehicles that result in absurd amounts of gasoline consumption.

Also, Americans are being manipulated by huge corporations and their own government into an uncontrollable dependency on fossil fuels/gasoline.

The technology for fuel-efficient vehicles and electric cars is out there, but somehow it's being suppressed and we aren't being allowed to access it as we should.

As for the Disney parks - there's nothing we can do about it. I think the government will be much more concerned with salvaging families and their belongings as California and Florida are slowly flooded out.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Grumpy old man

Two words

Water park

• All you need is LOVE

the heat sucks

• Banned User

Good question. Lol, I guess will have to tow em' elsewhere!

• Minion

My guess, it'll be a while but not over 10 or 20 years. Its terrible

• Curiouser and Curiouser

My parade has been rained on.

Amen, MasterGracey

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

firstly i'm quite sceptical about the whole polar icecaps melting and causing the oceans to rise over the land , i have been hearing about that for the last 20 or so years , and secondly if that did happen ... i'm sorry to say that Disneyland would be my last concern , i would be more worried about the thousands and thousands of people being killed by the rising water

if fossil fules are realy what is causing gloabal warming. Then the government need to pay to have every car in the world retro-fitted to be an electric car... and of course this would never hapen , because money is , and will forever be , more important than anything even human lives

My Maleficent tattoo

The same "experts" that claim the ice caps will melt and flood the earth are often the same "experts" who claimed in the 1970's that we were heading towards a new Ice Age and the planet would freeze over at just about the time Disneyland celebrated its 50th anniversary.

For all you kiddies out there, go check out your history books and learn how "experts" screamed bloody murder during the Johnson, Nixon and Carter administrations about the coming Ice Age and how man was destroying the planets climate. Magazines did big stories about it, it was reported on the nightly news as if it was fact, and it was widely accepted by relatively sane people that the experts must be right and we were causing the world to become an ice cube.

Now its the opposite and we are going to cause the ice caps to melt and Disneyland to flood. Who wants to take bets on what global catastrophe the "experts" will be predicting when Disneyland celebrates its 75th Anniversary?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Considering I'll be long gone by the time 100-150 years goes by...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000
    The same "experts" that claim the ice caps will melt and flood the earth are often the same "experts" who claimed in the 1970's that we were heading towards a new Ice Age and the planet would freeze over at just about the time Disneyland celebrated its 50th anniversary.

For all you kiddies out there, go check out your history books and learn how "experts" screamed bloody murder during the Johnson, Nixon and Carter administrations about the coming Ice Age and how man was destroying the planets climate. Magazines did big stories about it, it was reported on the nightly news as if it was fact, and it was widely accepted by relatively sane people that the experts must be right and we were causing the world to become an ice cube.

Now its the opposite and we are going to cause the ice caps to melt and Disneyland to flood. Who wants to take bets on what global catastrophe the "experts" will be predicting when Disneyland celebrates its 75th Anniversary?
    Since then I think science has evolved at least a little bit and theres evidence to back up the global warming claims.

I'm not an expert on the issue, but I do acknowledge my surroundings and every year, when summer rolls around I keep hearing "record temperatures" and then during winter, there is strange weather patterns. Something's up - whether it's global warming or not - but when basically the whole US is in the grip of an unnatural heatwave, and hurricanes are getting stronger and stronger (Katrina)... Maybe I'm just being tricked, but it certainly seems like something is wrong.

Just the other day heree in Bakersfield we got a thunderstorm in the middle of a 100+ day. That might be normal weather for Floridian summers, but after living in Bakersfield, California my whole life, its not something I'm accustomed to.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Grumpy old man

What we need is more pirates. As this graph shows, the less pirates there are, the high the tempurature of the earth.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Red Face Re: DLR and WDW... What's the future?

Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    As we all know, Global Warming is screwing up our earth... for everyone that watches "Global Warming; what you need to know" on Discovery Channel you will know what I'm talking about, right now it is said that Flordia will completely disappear off the map, and CA will be flooded far past Anahiem.... so what is the future? I doubt they can or will move WDW or DLR. It is said that it could happen in the next 50 years or in the next 100 years, but certainaly not over 150 years. So I hope we all start getting our act together ans stop burning all these fossil fuels because it is the Disney parks on the edge and thousands upon thousands of lives at stake... Tell me what you think and what do you suppose USA's Disney parks futures are...

And if this is all true, the Disney parks are your main concern?
    Why do you have a bid on a new fountain for one of the parks?

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

We need piracy to steal and barter alternative fules and vehicles to the masses. I understand that it's all about money...but think of this. If we stop relying on other countries for oil and other fossil fules, the US and other countries end up saving money, rite? Fossil fuel companies switch over and make money off of alt fules/vehicles...and were squered. I know that the whole world needs to do the same, but having a country like the US stop harming the o-zone...and what have you, that could be a big difference for our mother Earth, and the Disney Parks

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast