Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Matt Quimets house

just curious does anyone know where he and his family live. nice big house? gated community? is it in anaheim, irvine etc. does anyone know?

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: Matt Quimets house

Quote Originally Posted by DCADude
    just curious does anyone know where he and his family live. nice big house? gated community? is it in anaheim, irvine etc. does anyone know?
    Yes, please post his address, phone number, and photos of his family so everyone can drop by and let him know what a great job he's doing!

Actually, this subject was touched upon by Al Lutz in one of his columns from December last year. It was a very interesting story on the rumor going around that Matt Ouimet was leaving for WDW in Florida because the cost of living was so much cheaper there:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lutz
    It's still a surprise to some when those executives move from Orlando to Anaheim that they have to take such a big step down on the socio-economic ladder. With median home prices in Orlando at a paltry $245,000 in 2005, compared to $705,000 for Orange County, a two or three million dollar home in Orlando is literally a small mansion on a large piece of property in a gated golf community. While Matt Ouimet found a nice home in one of south Orange County's ubiquitous gated communities, it was really just a mid-sized junior executive tract home. And compared to the truly impressive 12 to 15 Million dollar estates that crowd the Orange County coast and sit on small parcels of land a bit inland, Matt's lifestyle and salary is nothing out of the ordinary around here. In California, a Disney theme park executive is just another face in the crowd, and Matt's Cadillac Escalade company car isn't going to get any special attention from local valet parking attendants used to an endless stream of Bentleys, Maybachs, Rolls Royces and Ferraris.
    Here's the link to the full article containing the complete story:
    12/13 Baby, It's full inside!
    --Jonathan

• Island Paradise

Seems a bit stalker-ish to me. Huh...To each his/her own.

• All you need is LOVE

Let people live there lives. Does it matter where he lives or what it costs??? I think not.

whoa sorry. nevermind

• All you need is LOVE

I just think people need to live there lives. They are people like you and me. Would you want everyone knowing your business.. I doubt it.

In Orange County a TDA exec like Matt Ouimet isn't anything special on the social pecking order. He's rather far down the totem pole actually, although the natural cachet of being in charge of "DISNEYLAND!" gives him an extra bump in stature.

But when it comes to the purely socio-economic order of things in early 21st century Orange County, Matt Ouimet and his family are simply one of the tens of thousands of upper-middle class people that live here. He's not in the upper class strata by any means.

But in Orlando, a small city in a poor southern state, a Disney exec is about as top-dog as you can get. People who drive Escalades or a BMW 7 Series around Orlando are really living high on the hog compared to the rest of the town who only make 60,000 a year and live in a 225,000 dollar tract home with a screened in patio.

• All you need is LOVE

I am not trying to come across to strong sorry if I did. I just think people do there job and should have there real life so to speak private. I just feel for people in the lime light should also have privacy.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs
    I just think people do there job and should have there real life so to speak private.
    Dang. There goes my idea to arrange a MiceChat group trick-or-treat to his house this year. I bet the man gives out the good candy too, like Hershey bars!

(Just kidding, of course.)

• insufferable know-it-all

Yeah, eesh, give the man a little privacy.

Anyway, most folks of any stature in this county usually live in gated developments like Coto. But still... give a guy his privacy, I say.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

he gives out mickey mouse shaped buisness cards and a free churro every halloween and has paul pressler in his haunted house, makes it too scary to go into! oh and cynthia harris decorates the house! pink and pink.. scarrry!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Yah I agree with both sides. Should Matt be on a star map? Not really. Should we be curious about how he lives and where? Maybe. To us he is kind of a superstar, so there is curiosity, but we shouldn't care that much.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic_Freak
    he gives out mickey mouse shaped buisness cards and a free churro every halloween
    Darn. I was hoping for a Dole Whip. I heard that's what he gave out last year.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Darn. I was hoping for a Dole Whip. I heard that's what he gave out last year.

You all are a riot!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast