Thumbs up Props To Entertainment CMs!!

so if you've been in southern california at ALL this summer you've noticed the digsustingly muggy weather and scorching sun that's been beating down on ALL of us. in all honesty, it's making a lot of people feel groggy (myself included!!) haha. now to the topic of this post: the ENTERTAINMENT cast members!!!

this has GOT to be one of the hottest summers and Disney sure is pressing forward with it's entertaimnet offerings. For most, if not all of us, we couldnt even imagine SITTING in the hot sun for 20 minutes to watch a parade. i was just imagining how these people do a full out PERFORMANCE in 90-something degree hummid weather and still have a smile on their faces and not look bad doing it! seriously WOW. the other day while watching block party i watched a show stop where i was sweating IN THE SHADE mind you and all i was thinking was "these people...are... machines" haha seriously... i give such high praise to those entertainment CMs busting their BUTT out there this summer.

and a special thank you to those characters out in the parks running around, signing autographs, posing for pictures, and withstanding this heat. seriously from the bottom of my heart i think that you all are AMAZING!!!!!!

KEEP IT UP FOR SURE! and thanks for making magic... even in this 100-degree weather.

• Disney for life!~

Re: Props To Entertainment CMs!!

Props to you for posing a positive thread about the CM'S !<333

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I agree with you...props to the entertainment CM's and dealing with this record heat we've been having.

But as far as parade entertainers go, no one hard it more difficult than some of the performers in America On Parade 30 years ago. Summers were hot then, too - a 3pm performance and usually a 9pm each day...and in this thread we recalled the costumes they had to wear...and floats that had to be driven...

In honor of the 4th of July, Oogie presents 'America On Parade', Pictures from 1976

I remember seeing quite a few of these performers over the 15-month run of that parade, at First Aid, overcome by heat...props to those performers of the past as well...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• The Twilight Zone

Way to go CMs you guys seriuosly are what makes disneyland

great job cms!!

and i dont work at disneyland but i perform musical theatre...and sometimes the director says just deal with it...thats kinda expected as an actor...i mean even look at film or tv actors (who prob get the least respect...for a reason sometimes) they sometimes are forced to do ridiculous stunts...u kinda just fight threw it when ur doing something u love...or taking a job to get closer toa job u love

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

SUPPORT THE CM'S!!!! I always try to call them by thier names. Its a courtesy thing. If disneyland made everyone feel like they were all family no matter what...even under that big shiney brute, the sun...it would be that much more magical and cool.

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms
    SUPPORT THE CM'S!!!! I always try to call them by thier names. Its a courtesy thing. If disneyland made everyone feel like they were all family no matter what...even under that big shiney brute, the sun...it would be that much more magical and cool.
    You took the words out of my mouth!
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

• CM for 4 years!

I say-- way to go Foods CMs who work in outdoor locations. You deal with Code V's, with spilled drinks, with the humidity and the heat sometimes in conditions where no shade is available and constant work is going on. Although they don't create a beautiful performance, the bussers at the French Market or Club Buzz are sweating just as much as those dancers.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

Damn, poor CMs - I hope they get a nice long break!

Disney should change the times of the parades when the heat and humidity are as bad as they have been.

Block Party Bash is just so much more athletic than any of the other parades Disney has staged before.