Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: The People Mover Returns?????

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Yes, the track is there. It was changed a bit for Rocket Rods - but the main structure holding it up still exists - even though it looks like crap.

And I agree with you - I think a ride that has the qualities of both the PM and Rocket Rods would be best.

Or even better - have BOTH rides!
    The track was not changed up a bit, it was changed entirely and horribly wrong. They used Test track for Rocket Rods and they used tires for WEDway. Although the structure still exists. I'm sure he meant when he said "the track isn't there" as in the PM track isnt there, not the RR track (which we all know is still there).
    Last edited by FI183; 07-24-2006 at 01:55 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    The track was not changed up a bit, it was changed entirely and horribly wrong. They used Test track for Rocket Rods and they used tires for WEDway. Although the structure still exists which I'm sure he meant when he said "the track isn't there" as in the PM track isnt there, not the RR track (which we all know is still there).
    Nah, really, what do you think I meant when I said the track is still there?

I know the track was changed for Rocket Rods, but the main structure amd track layout is the same - that is what I meant.

• DCA lover

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    ....and the Matterhorn...

...and Pirates, and for that matter Splash Mountain as well - its called Flash Mountain for a reason!!!
    Matterhorn, eh? (*ponders*...how would that work...?)
    umm, TALENT!?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    The track was not changed up a bit, it was changed entirely and horribly wrong. They used Test track for Rocket Rods and they used tires for WEDway. Although the structure still exists. I'm sure he meant when he said "the track isn't there" as in the PM track isnt there, not the RR track (which we all know is still there).
    Actually, the old PM track was very slightly altered for Rocket Rods (remember how badly funded the ride was?). Basically, from my understanding of the research I have done from reading around such as Mouse Tales, the Rocket Rods system was actually added on top of the old PM track system. You see, the Rods themselves? They all had their own engines. They weren't propelled by the track they were guided on at all.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie
    Matterhorn, eh? (*ponders*...how would that work...?)
    umm, TALENT!?
    Doggy-style

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

You all won't need to wait too long for the return of this classic attraction. The rehab of the track and budget for the only slightly modified vehicles seems to have been funded by management.

I do not know how long it will take or when they are planning to reopen. But it sure does make sense to add a high capacity ride to Tomorrowland (like the Peoplemover) considering the low capacity of the also returning subs .

Now, all they need to do is return the Rocket Jets to the tower, replace Honey I bore the Audience, and update Star Tours and we'll have our Tomorrowland back.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Matt Ouimett wants to have something on those tracks again by the end of the decade.
    What I have heard is that Matt want to see a plan for the track by the end of the year or he's going to order the track ripped out. I'm sure that they can come up with something by the dead line.

The question I have for the group is.... someone said that the PM motors were still in the track. I don't see how or why they would leave them in there. Has anyone esle hear this?

It will probably come back and maybe the Buckets will be back too only this time it will be in closed so there will be no accidents.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Thanks for the update, Dusty! Slightly modified? Is that referring to the PM cars or the RR cars?

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    The question I have for the group is.... someone said that the PM motors were still in the track. I don't see how or why they would leave them in there. Has anyone esle hear this?
    Sure they would leave them there. Don't you remember the Rocket Rods sign? It was left there long after the ride had been closed for good. I think they took it down when they had plans for Buzz, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?

In any case, management back then didn't feel it worth the money to fund anything to the full extent, with constant side-stepping and corner-cutting. Why would they pay people to rip out old parts if it wasn't going to affect anyone, or anything?

• Minion

DO not sink anymore money into TL without the money going towards PM. I do not care if they bring back the old Attraction or UPdated. Give it back!!! Breath life into the those dead tracks sitting all over TL. Just bring it back, PLease.
    Jason

They were testing the new PeopleMover at Disneyland yesterday!

It incorporates a transportation system of the future, that doesn't rely on any traditional gas or electrical source to power it:

http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/uplo...emoverlite.jpg

Nike has expressed interest in sponsorship.

• FastPass n00b

Destroying the ride would probably cost as much as restoring it. The infrastructure is still there and the ride vehicles are simple, but destroying it would require tons and tons of concrete moved out of the park.

I would prefer hearing the PeopleMover budget greenlight from Al Lutz, but Dusty is a good source of information too.

• Inhospitable about happy

One good reason for bringing back the PM is to make up somewhat for the loss of the skyway. Those two rides were quiet, leisurely strolls above the park and both of them made great home video vantage points. I've got some 1987 video that I hope to get online at some point that proves the point well enough.

Having said that, I must add, as a crotchety old fogey, that the nostalgic lustre acquired by (1) the PM and (2) ATIS in the years since their demise is puzzling. People liked them, yes, but no one thought they were "classics" while they were alive, I can tell you. The PM was a surprisingly bumpy ride for such a low-key cruise, and ATIS was a cheapo-looking, poorly-lit dark ride. You could plainly see the flat-black-painted walls and ceiling in every room (even worse than the load area of the HM), and the effects throughout were humdrum. It also ended with what was essentially a ham-fisted Monsanto commercial.

Both PM and ATIS were pleasant experiences, all things considered, but neither is worth burning candles over, kids.

• Mickey's REAL Girlfriend!

I think that if they were to bring the PeopleMover back on board it would help restore an already troubled Tomorrowland!! I understand the basis of Tomorrwland is "growth" but Tomorrowland hasn't been able to grow. what ever they do seems to fail!? why is that. The PeopleMover is still I think is still a futuristic ride that still can be used. =) I don't see many of them anywhere near me! lol
    What better way to turn 10 years old! A birthday bash with all of his friends!

• Mickey's REAL Girlfriend!

Wink Re: The People Mover Returns?????

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    It will probably come back and maybe the Buckets will be back too only this time it will be in closed so there will be no accidents.
    Would that not require to reOPEN the Matterhorn? BIG BUCKS!!!
    What better way to turn 10 years old! A birthday bash with all of his friends!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast