Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Re: The People Mover Returns?????

What they really need to do is put back the old Rockets cause these ones suck.

Re: The People Mover Returns?????

Quote Originally Posted by mousecrazy
    Would that not require to reOPEN the Matterhorn? BIG BUCKS!!!
    It isint that hard to construct thru the Matterhorn in those 2 caves are they all is cables and some buckets, a very simple ride to do.

• Minion

It is very Sad DL suits back in the nineties cut the heart out the TL. The Closures of they Sky way, America Sings, Mission to Mars, Subs, ROCKET JETS and PM. ALL THESE things just sucked the life of transportation out of the future of Tomorrow. They were to make way for new stuff, but Pressler made sure he ran it into the ground. NOW the subs come back at a huge cost and yet the life of Transportation in TL is still dead.
    Jason

• Banned User

Peoplemover has been rumored to come back for years.

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    No, the track is still there. Its just in bad shape because the Rocket Rods cracked the concrete.

And why would you be torn about that?

Its a brilliant ride and made Disneyland's TL actually fun. Not like the dead land it is now.
    The physical track is still there (although cracked). BUT the ride system "track"
    and the PM power line are definitely NOT there. All of that was removed for Rods.

BTW. I personally do not want the PM circa 1990 back (although I think it would
    be an improvement over what we have now).

What I want is a PM2.0 or a different ride concept all together!

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    You all won't need to wait too long for the return of this classic attraction. The rehab of the track and budget for the only slightly modified vehicles seems to have been funded by management.

I do not know how long it will take or when they are planning to reopen. But it sure does make sense to add a high capacity ride to Tomorrowland (like the Peoplemover) considering the low capacity of the also returning subs .

Now, all they need to do is return the Rocket Jets to the tower, replace Honey I bore the Audience, and update Star Tours and we'll have our Tomorrowland back.
    Dusty,

You forgot "zap Club Buzz!" "-)

• that's right!

I think it would be silly to think that the Peoplemover won't come back in some form. The track, however damaged it may be, has the advantage of running inside and through every building in Tomorrowland. The choices, then, are to leave it there forever untouched (which seems like a waste of a great pre-built ride track), remove it (which would cost a tremendous amount of money, take a very long time, and shut down sections of Tomorrowland) or put a new ride in.

The only real question is what the new ride is going to be like. It could be a copy of the old peoplemover, just a slow tour with audio, or it could be a much more hi-tech. I'd personally like a ride system like Buzz, where you can spin your vehicle to face whichever direction you like, but that seems kind of expensive and tough to do, so who knows. I guess we'll find out in a few years.

• My laughing place

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Matt Ouimett wants to have something on those tracks again by the end of the decade.

It's been talked about plenty. The question is when something is going to be approved.

We would have to wait till the end of the decade ?? Grrr...I hope it gets going faster than that !!
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

• Minion

>>People liked them, yes, but no one thought they were "classics" while they were alive, I can tell you.<<

I thought Inner Space was a total Disneyland classic when it was open and so did my friends and family! We went every time and loved it!!! Same with Skyway and the Treehouse and Pirate Ship and Submarines... less so PeopleMover but it was appreciated for the leisurely ride and view.

They HAD something, then they took it out. I miss Rocket Rods.

Sure, they broke down every 5 minutes, but it was fun. If they can spend years on end trying to fix sections of the park, they can probably redesign Rocket Rods and rerelease them, using power off o the track. Indiana Jones runs on a power track and I know that thing stops, backs up, etc. They can probably modify the track to run faster.

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Many generations of Micechatters were...um...established on that ride.
    That must have been something to see for the CMs watching the
    surveillance cameras! I think the same thing went on in ATIS.

I hear that PM will reopen in 07-08.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Ian The Fox

Oh gosh, a new Peoplemover would be the most amazing thing ever!
    Woof!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NetBelleAnie
    Sure, they broke down every 5 minutes, but it was fun. If they can spend years on end trying to fix sections of the park, they can probably redesign Rocket Rods and rerelease them, using power off o the track. Indiana Jones runs on a power track and I know that thing stops, backs up, etc. They can probably modify the track to run faster.
    The biggest problem was a lack of a place to store broken and spare Rocket Rods. Every Rocket Rod was on the track at once. If one broke down they all had to wait for that one to be fixed. An actual spur track would have to be built for the current powered vehicle system to work.

I love the PM, they were the coolest. I also loved RR and hope that the new ride will be the best of both worlds. One reason the RR did not work was the non banked curve in Space MT. Maybe since Space MT, was closed for so long they changed that curve so the rods will not break down.

Jeff
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by mousecrazy
    I understand the basis of Tomorrwland is "growth" but Tomorrowland hasn't been able to grow.
    Tomorrowland will never be able to grow as long as Autopia and InnoBestBuy are allowed to keep running.

I was a huge fan of the PeopleMover and I'd love to see it come back as it originally was... minus the view inside Space Mountain (I like the darkness in there now!!). I'm not interested in anything resembling the Rocket Rods at all.

If they were hellbent on some kind of 'dragster' ride, let them tear out the north half of Autopia and put one there. They could use the old Fantasyland Autopia area, and perhaps part of the Motorboat Cruise channels.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast