Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

HELP! Parking at Downtown Disney at DL

I won't bore you with the details of why I am considering doing this, but wonder if it is possible to park in the self-park at DTD arriving at 730 AM and leaving at say 8PM on a weekday in July? I know it will be very expensive, but from what I can figure, it will be $30 max if I get validated in DTD (say, by eating at the ESPN Zone). Has anyone done this--I guess you'd have to be a spendthrift? Is there any prohibition from doing this? I can't find posted hours of operation for the DTD parking structure, so I'm not sure that it is even open that early, but I would think that it is given that LaBrea is open for breakfast by then, isn't it. ANY insights, or thoughts, or warnings (other than financial!) or affirmations that you could give to this idea, would be much appreciated. Please try not to laugh too hard.

Thanks so much!!!

pdxDN

Re: HELP! Parking at Downtown Disney at DL

Who goofed...I've got to know!
    What possible thinking could this be? Bore me a little.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Mousketeer

why would you choose to do this instead of using the DL resort parking?

• That Guy

Last time I was at DLR, we wanted to visit DCA before we jumped on the freeway to head back to Phoenix.

We parked at DTD and were validated for four hours by some random store. There WERE signs saying 'No Disneyland parking' but how would they know where you went? I don't think you will have any problems.

Talking Re: HELP! Parking at Downtown Disney at DL

No one goofed...not even me, the dad. It has to do with logistics and a one day shot side trip (from San Diego) at DL with my daughter and trying to do things as efficiently as possible. I am not saying that I would pay the $30 or whatever, just want to know the ins and outs. I don't want to be crazy, but would like to get there as early as possible and do as much as possible in our time there. Only our 2nd trip, but we'll be back. It will just be the two of us driving up from SD for the day. Figure we leave hotel in SD at about 6AM and get to DL at 730. That makes me think that we won't get to the gates until after 8...probably 815 or so if the stars align. So I am trying to optimize time and wonder if parking at DTD would help, that's all. See...very boring.

pdxDN

• That Guy

^ you were right, that was kind of boring.

Next time guys, let's just trust someone when they say that the reason is boring and we'll just move on.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Why wouldn't you just pay $10 to park in the DL structure? DtD does not have a structure, just a parking lot.

Also, I think the DL structure opens an hour (anyone?) before the park does, so you should be able to get yourself situated.
    A signature should go here.

Quote Originally Posted by Yendorb
    why would you choose to do this instead of using the DL resort parking?
    That's my question...do I want to do this? It seems as if it could save some time (which I'd be purchasing by parking at DTD), as compared to parking at the Mickey and Friends structure. Given my scenario above, does it make sense?

Thanks.

pdxDN

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdisneynewbie
    That's my question...do I want to do this? It seems as if it could save some time (which I'd be purchasing by parking at DTD), as compared to parking at the Mickey and Friends structure. Given my scenario above, does it make sense?

Thanks.

pdxDN
    it might save some time.. t all dpeends how tired you are after going to the park.. I dont want to walk afterwards.. so this is why the mickey and friends parking structure. love the tram and it is $10

but it may save about 10-15 minutes or so I figure

Friends for life

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    ^ you were right, that was kind of boring.

Next time guys, let's just trust someone when they say that the reason is boring and we'll just move on.

TOLD YA! But, he asked and when you ask someone to help ya and they ask why I felt obligated to bore, er explain the situation to him!

pdxDN

• love my friends

TOLD YA! But, he asked and when you ask someone to help ya and they ask why I felt obligated to bore, er explain the situation to him!

pdxDN
    you arent boring me at all. ok.. good question you asked..

Friends for life

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Well, let's see, if the park opens at 10 AM, the parking structure opens at 9:30 AM, so if they want to park at 7:30, they have to do it at DtD... I have been forced to do that more than once.

La Brea Bakery Express has been opening at 8 AM this time of year, might be 9 off-season. The actual Cafe opens at 11 AM during the week (M-f), 8 AM on Saturday and Sunday.

Rainforest Cafe opens at 8 AM for breakfast

Catal opens at 8 AM for Breakfast

Many of the Disney hotel restaurants open at 7 AM for breakfast

The Parking structure normally opens about 1/2 hour prior to park opening, but they have been known to be closer to 20 minutes prior to opening.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• That Guy

pdxDN
    I'm totally kidding! Your question and reason for asking are great. If someone can start threads about Churros, then anything is up for grabs here.

Enjoy your trip!

MF

• Still wants to be a cat!

The time you'll save is minimal, the money you'll save is quite a bit. Go for the Structure and it is open 1 hour prior to the Park opening.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

We are going to DL this coming Wednesday and the park opens at 8 AM. So that means we'll be getting there about 1/2 hour before park opens and my understanding is that Mickey and Friends opens at 730AM that day. That line will be long, I am sure, as will all other lines. So I figure that by the time we get parked and to the Will Call window and into the park, best case is 815, more likely 830. Again, we'll be coming back to DL, live on the WC and all, but I wanted to surprise my daughter with this little side trip, especially to ride PotC and her other favorites. We won't be doing the whole Disney experience on this trip by any means. Focus on 8-12 rides.

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

pdxDN

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast