• Looking for Love

BIGGER Disneyland Resort.

So...I got to thinking, because Disneys goal is to always keep expanding and growing, what happens, when Disney decides they want to build another park? Do they buy the land right next to the current parks and then boot all existing hotels, shops, street bums, and any other obstructions out of the way??? Does Disney have the power to tell hotels to take a hike? Do they offer hotels and such big big bags of overflowing money so that they can keep expanding, and ultimatly.....
    Is Disneyland Resorts ultimate goal to grow as big or bigger then WDW resort?

ALSO....how long will this take? I seem to remember rumors they they were going to make a waterpark at the same time they were gonna make DCA, but i guess it never fell thru.

So....how long do you think it will be before we see another couple parks? Disney doesent take long to build.

first let me start by linking to one of my older threads on the third gate and resort expansion

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=745

and then I am going to say that Disney's rights on taking over hotels is both a yes and a no, there were hotels that were taken down durring the resort expansion (most of which were part of the area now known as the Timon lot)

no Disney hasn't resorted to actualy destroying hotels for park land "yet" and in reality there isn't a big enough cluster for them to really do that (unless Anihiem has an abandoned warehouse district not far from the parks)

no I don't think they'll be making WDW in California anytime soon

look for this to become a mini resort of sorts, it will have alot of what WDW does have but crammed into a smaller space

I do hope Disney buys more of the neighboring hotels and helps to push them out a bit further back from the parks (yeah this would be a huge restructuring tub it would probably be in the best interest of everyone)

I hope they don't do a water park as it would take away land that should become more park (they can accomplsih the same deal by taking up more local hotels and giving each one a specialized pool type themed deal)

• Minion

Number 1 is the former site of The Grand Hotel. It used to be the Aiport Bus Company's hub, was finally bought and imploded by Disney. I'm sure we'll see another hotel go in there sometime.

• Official Mice Chat person

I really hope they build a Third Gate... There's plenty of space south east of the resort.

i heard that the Disneyland Park at DIsneyland Paris has the Biggest Size than any other Disney's Magic Kingdom . Disneyland Parl in Paris can fit 75 000 guests .

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Disneyland's capacity can be up to 85,000 if all the rides are open and running at capacity.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• OM NOM NOM

I don't think a hotel's going to be put on that spot anytime soon, desertdweller. Disney has a parking lot there, and from what I can see from the cast shuttles, they actually use it.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    They have been talking about moving that parking lot forever though. I heard rumours about it in 2001. They said the parking lot would be moved even furthur down the road, over by arrowhead pond and the shuttles would just have a longer route. Annoying for cast members who have to give themselves even more time so that they don't clock in late. But I don't think it is so farfetched.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.