Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Ouimet's successor?

So with reports that Matt Ouimet leaving his job at Disney and moving to Starwood Resorts, if this turns out to be true, who might be a possible successor? And what about the park? What do you think might change? Will problems just settled arise again?

• Banned User

Re: Ouimet's successor?

Let's just hope he doesn't make that decision.

He's a very valuable asset to Disneyland right now because he actually cares about the welfare and beauty of the park.

DON'T LEAVE MATT IF THIS STORY HAPPENS TO BE TRUE!!!

Look, I'm begging, and that is RARE from me

I take it BACK!
    Last edited by A Disney Dreamer; 07-25-2006 at 08:44 AM.

Never mind, on the forum that announced his departure a successor has been named. Ed Grier, who is from Tokyo Disney Resort.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

• The Magics in the details

Ed Grier will take over for Matt, effective immeidately. Apparently, his greatest recent experience is overseeing operations in Tokyo.

Here's Al Weiss' press release:

"After nearly 17 years with The Walt Disney Company, Matt Ouimet has decided to leave the company to take a senior position with Starwood Resorts. Throughout his tenure with Disney, Matt has been a great asset and a dynamic leader — one who will be missed by all who have ever worked with him. And I know from talking to Matt, it is the talented Cast, Crew and Imagineers who he has had the opportunity to work with over the years that he will miss most.
    With Matt’s departure, I am pleased to announce that, effective immediately, Ed Grier, a 25-year Disney veteran who most recently oversaw the company’s operations of Tokyo Disney Resort, will become President of the Disneyland® Resort. Ed will report to me.
    During his tenure with Disney, Ed has held a number of executive positions throughout Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. For the last two years, he has served as Executive Managing Director of Walt Disney Attractions Japan, where he oversaw the Disney operations for the two-park Tokyo Disney Resort and managed the day-to-day relationship with the Oriental Land Company, which operates the resort as a licensee. During his tenure in Japan, Ed was instrumental in the overall master planning of the Resort, leading the Disney team that was responsible for the addition of new attractions and entertainment spectaculars, as well as a new Cirque theatre and new Disney-branded hotel that are expected to open in 2008. In addition, Ed implemented best practices from Disney destinations around the world for Guest service standards and resort and financial operations.
    Prior to his experience in Japan, Ed held positions at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida and Disneyland® Resort Paris in France. Ed served as general manager of both Walt Disney World’s Epcot and Disney-MGM Studios. In these positions, Grier oversaw park operations, led thousands of Cast Members and was responsible for the financial and operational performance of the parks. In the early 1990s, Ed served as a member of an expatriate team that was assigned to Paris for one year to increase awareness of the resort in European markets.
    As you can see, Ed brings with him an incredible breadth and depth of operations, management and Guest service experience that he has gained over his 25-year tenure with Disney that I know will serve the Disneyland Resort well. And, like your leadership team at the Disneyland Resort, Ed shares the same pride and commitment to ensuring that the Resort’s success, performance and dedication to providing the very best experience for our Guests is just as strong in the future as it’s been in the past.
    As we start to wind down an incredibly successful 50th anniversary celebration of the park that started it all and launch our new “Where Dreams Come True” campaign, the Disneyland Resort has never been stronger or looked better. This is a testament to all of you and your teams who played such an instrumental role in ensuring our first-ever global celebration lived up to its promise — and then some.
    As Matt moves on to his next venture, I hope you will join me in wishing him the very best — and thanking him for his years of service to Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And, as Ed begins a new chapter in his career at the Disneyland Resort, both Jay and I know we can count on your full support to help him ensure the Disneyland Resort’s future is strong … and that the legacy Walt created 51 years ago continues to live on."
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Circle of Ancients

I think it's a VERY good choice for a successor.

•   
    • Minion

Who's getting Grier's job?
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

Ok, Matt, I take this damn sign back!

Jesus, Disneyland finally gets a good leader and then you leave.

• Banned User

But wait, this new guy if from Tokyo?

Maybe this might be a good thing: maybe he can bring TL back to its glory days.

• Rock Star Minion

I don't understand. I thought TDR was run by OLC, and Disney didn't have that much to do with it. Was he the "You have to run TDR by THESE rules, or else we'll pull the franchise arrangements," guy? I wonder if he'll bring those rules to Anaheim?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• The one, the only...

Grier is a CPA. We all know how creative those CPA's are! We will probably see new creative ways to cut quality and charge more for it. Buy your AP's now because I see them going up!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    I don't understand. I thought TDR was run by OLC, and Disney didn't have that much to do with it. Was he the "You have to run TDR by THESE rules, or else we'll pull the franchise arrangements," guy? I wonder if he'll bring those rules to Anaheim?
    I think you are seeing that these companies are a lot more intertwined than most think
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Grier is a CPA. We all know how creative those CPA's are! We will probably see new creative ways to cut quality and charge more for it. Buy your AP's now because I see them going up!
    CPA?

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    CPA?
    Certified Public Accountant!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

• I'm your huckleberry.

Does anyone know a little more about Grier and his role with TDR? With the OLC's involvement with the park, I'm unsure how involved Grier was with the day to day tasks of keeping TDR running.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast