Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Bob Iger approves MAJOR overhaul of DCA, hundreds of millions slated for project

Jim Hill reported in his column today (July 25th) the following....

The good news is ... Bob Iger has reportedly signed off on a rescue plan for Disney's California Adventure.

According to those who are familiar with this theme park revival project, Disney's new CEO has agreed (in principle) to spend hundreds of million of dollars over the next decade in order to turn DCA into a worthy companion for Disneyland. As one Disney insider who was privvy to these plans recently told me:
    "The scope & scale of the DCA revival plan is unprecedented. We're talking about complete redos of certain sections of this theme park. In 10 years time, you won't even be able to recognize the place."

Guess Bob Iger is standing behind his comments at the last Stockholder's meeting....

We're still working to assure the second gate is successful, in the spirit of candor, we have been challenged.

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Re: Bob Iger approves MAJOR overhaul of DCA, hundreds of millions slated for project

Good to hear!

• Banned User

Re: Bob Iger approves MAJOR overhaul of DCA, hundreds of millions slated for project

Great news!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

When will it all start? I hope none of the good rides go down in August for refurbs. I atleast hope that ToT, Monsters Inc, Muppet Vision, Soarin, & Screamin are opened when I go in August. The Disneyland website does not have anything listed yet.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Thank goodness.

• Minion FOREVER!

Wow! Really needed that!

It's been a tough day...

• I'm your huckleberry.

Is this different from the "Placemaking" Al has reported WON'T be happening after all? I thought Jim Hill wasn't the most credible of sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Neep meep beep

If this is a 10 year project and plan, expect things to be done in phases, and without downtime to all the attractions at once. It's also possible with management changes, that things may be revised and replanned, or for budgets or deadlines to go over. Those things happen. I don't think that this announcement has anything to do with the August refurbs, as mentioned.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    When will it all start? I hope none of the good rides go down in August for refurbs. I atleast hope that ToT, Monsters Inc, Muppet Vision, Soarin, & Screamin are opened when I go in August. The Disneyland website does not have anything listed yet.
    Mr Iger will call you later to confirm exactly which rides you don't want refurbished or closed for good.

I think all of those rides will be open for you, barring major disasters.

Wow, hundreds of millions of dollars! Just like what should have been spent in the first place. I don't think moving the hotel will occur, though.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    i heard screamin is going down in September for about 6 months.. and that comlplete area is going thru refurb at this time.. (I work in this area) so this is the rumors going around

Friends for life

• Banned User

Has anyone else noticed that horrible burnt coffee smell at the entrance?

Last time I was there, I wanted to pass out because of it. This should be one of the things that management should fix first.

• back in Austin

I was confused for a second, which article on Jim Hill was being quoted. For your convenience, it's the article on Re-imagining Walt Disney Imagineering.

• back in Austin

The article mainly speaks about upcoming changes to WDI, and confirms what MiceAge articles have already reported, of many imagineers being laid off and the work being outsourced on a project-by-project basis, with only a skeleton crew of project managers left on board.

I don't want to derail this thread any further, though, so I'll probably bring this up in another thread.
    Last edited by RenMan; 07-25-2006 at 11:09 AM.

JIM HILL! To the community outpost with this thread!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Thanks for answering my question y'all !!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast