Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Matt Ouimet's Farewell letter to CM's

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=915479

Dear Team:

For the past seventeen years, my family and I have been part of something very special we have been part of the larger Disney family. This week, that chapter of our lives ends as I've accepted the position of President, Hotel Group with Starwood Hotels and Resorts.

It has been a privilege to work with the extraordinary people who collectively make up our Cast. It has been an honor to watch your hard work come to life as ships were launched, resorts were opened and theme parks sprung up around the globe.

Representing you in the local community has been humbling and very rewarding. At every event I attended, someone usually multiple people told me their story of how one of our Cast Members made a difference in their lives.

It has been an honor to be a small part of the legacy that is Disneyland during the celebration of its 50th anniversary. From my office window, I can clearly see the Matterhorn, Space Mountain and the Tower of Terror and I am certain my new office will have a much less compelling view. In a three minute walk I can enter Toontown and wander the Park. Most of the time I'm just enjoying watching our Guests and our Cast and that is what I will miss most of all.

On a recent trip to Walt Disney Imagineering, I had the opportunity to look at the future of the Disneyland Resort through the lens of an Imagineer, and I left that session with a big smile on my face but knowing that I'd have to watch this magic play out from a distance.

Please accept my sincere appreciation for everything you've done for our Guests, your fellow Cast Members and my family and me.

Matt Ouimet

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Sad Re: Matt Ouimet's Farewell letter to CM's

Uh oh...is this good or bad?

• Banned User

Re: Matt Ouimet's Farewell letter to CM's

I do give Matt this - he's a very good writer.

Very touching - thanks DB for sharing!

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by PianoManBluez
    Uh oh...is this good or bad?
    Both, no more Pixar rides (good) and no more Ouimet (bad)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    Both, no more Pixar rides (good) and no more Ouimet (bad)
    huh?

we still have John Lassileter (I'm sorry - I'm terrible with his last name). He is the reason for all the PIXAR stuff going on.

• Rock Star Minion

I don't think the Pixar rides will stop, as long as they keep making good movies.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• love my friends

no one at work told us he was leaving.. so I am really really surprised

Friends for life

• Earth Intruder

Well this sort of sucks. I wonder who his replacement is going to be. Hopefully someone else who "gets it".
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    Well this sort of sucks. I wonder who his replacement is going to be. Hopefully someone else who "gets it".
    Disney veteran Ed Grier who's coming over from Tokyo - see concurrent threads -

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    no more Pixar rides
    Thank GOD! I can't stand those *ducks at things that may be thrown*

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Captain CM already posted the letter in the Ouimet Gone Thread around 9:25 this morning:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...812#post782812
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Over a period of 17 years, it seems strangely odd that "Cast Member Matt" arose from the lower ranks to eventually head up Disney's cruise ships, and, then, advance to President of the Disneyland Resort only to suddenly quit for a comparably lackluster position with a hotel conglomerate. Arguably, he is the most effective, friendly and hands-on DL leader since Walt.

All this aside, I wish the coming president all the luck and magic in the world. Accountants are some of the hardest working and underappreciated people on Earth. Contrary to the notions of some, accountants are just as likely to possess talent and creativity as anyone else.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-25-2006 at 12:43 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Over a period of 17 years, it seems strangely odd that "Cast Member Matt" arose from the lower ranks to eventually head up Disney's cruise ships, and, then, advance to President of the Disneyland Resort only to suddenly quit for a comparably lackluster position with a hotel conglomerate. Arguably, he is the most effective, friendly and hands-on DL leader since Walt.

All this aside, I widh the coming president all the luck and magic in the world. accountants are some of the hardest working and underappreciated people on Earth. Contrary to the notions of some, accountants are just as likely to possess talent and creativity as anyone else..
    I wouldn't agree that this position is lackluster. The Anaheim property is in one location, and has three hotels. Starwood holds over a quarter million guest rooms at 750-plus properties across 82 countries, including properties that cater to all types of theme parks and tourist attractions. It's a more exciting, challenging, assignment, with a much more global reach (along with the exciting challenge of managing people in 82 countries and cultures) than anything Disney can offer at TDA.

• Banned User

I'm disoppointed. Matt has done a lot of good. I never even heard of this hotel chain.

• Just this guy......

It is sad to hear that Matt is leaving the company. Based on what I have seen and the people that I have talked to he was and outstanding manager and a great leader.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast