• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Parade/Firework Rehersals

Just to keep everyone in the loop, I've heard that there will be 3 separate entertainment "rehersals" this coming week for Block Party Bash and POD/Remember. Unfortunately, these "rehersals" are for 1000 invited guests each (i.e. family of the performers and select resort partners) and will not be open to guests, APs, or CMs. While not the most exciting news for all of us, it does show that the 3 key entertainment offerings for the 50th are largely complete and ready for primetime on May 5th!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

like what time and on what dates are these rehearsals schedules to take place? Please don't tell me they're schedules after hours? (crosses fingers and grabs notepad to scribble down time and date)

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

all these rehersals are scheduled after hours...again, off limits to guests/APs/CMs without an invitation. These rehersals are for the family and friends of the talent only (plus a few operating partners).
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• The Magics in the details

These "rehersals" (read as "previews") are like a perk for those who have worked really hard to get these experiences ready for the 50th kick off in 9 (count 'em) NINE days! I am somewhat sure that May 3rd might see some parade or firework action so that the media can gague a guest reaction and so that attention can be drawn to the area for the 4th and 5th... we will have to wait and see...
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM