Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Micoofy Duck's 1st Trip To Disneyland... and I missed so much!

I just recently got back from my first ever Disneyland trip, spent about four days at the resort and I didn't get the chance to do so many things. I planned an itinerary [took me forever to find the correct spelling of that word to then cut & paste it!] but didn't really stick to my itinerary... kind of winged it.

So... Here are the things I missed the chance to do:

Pirate ship around Tom Sawyer's Island
    Tom Sawyer's Island
    Snow White's area on the right side of the castle
    Aladdin's Musical
    Bug's Life land
    Block Party Bash/Cars Pre Parade
    Games of the Boardwalk
    Orange Stinger
    Zephyr
    Meet any Villians in Fantasyland
    It's Tough To Be A Bug 3D show
    Redwood Creek Challenge/Trail
    King Triton's Carousel
    The Ugly Bug Ball
    Playhouse Disney Stage show
    Davy Crockett's Canoes
    Meet Ariel in Disneyland
    Innoventions
    Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years
    Donald's Boat
    Chip & Dale's Treehouse
    Sword in the Stone show
    Billy Hill & The Hillbillies
    Minnie's Breakfast in Disneyland
    Chip & Dale's Breakfast at GCH

That's alot!

I also didn't print out a list for the "50" Golden Logos so I could find them all and I didn't find any hidden mickeys! NOT ONE!

I went to Disneyland Friday July 21st through Monday July 24th. I believe Saturday was a record high of 106? Then it rained Sunday morning when I was told by a Disney employee on the phone "it never rains in Disneyland during the month of July. You have nothing to worry about!"

But I DID survive the most intense weekend at Disneyland this summer even though I saw people collapse and get tend to by medics... I survived the trip. Many pictures and stories to debut on my blog.

For those wondering I had family but I did do most of the park on my own because since little ones were with us they wanted to do rides/attractions for kids... And my plus sized aunt had no trouble getting on any ride in either park [in case anyone remembers my last post about her].

I plan on going again to Disneyland after Nemo's ride opens but not sure when that ride officially opens. And it's a good thing I visited DCA because supposely in 10 years we fans won't recognize it!

How does one do everything in the parks in 4 days? Anything on the "Missed" list I should have made time for? How do you Disneyland master visitors do it all?

And if you have a question(s) for me about my trip I'd be happy to answer.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Neep meep beep

Re: Micoofy Duck's 1st Trip To Disneyland... and I missed so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck
    I just recently got back from my first ever Disneyland trip, spent about four days at the resort and I didn't get the chance to do so many things. I planned an itinerary [took me forever to find the correct spelling of that word to then cut & paste it!] but didn't really stick to my itinerary... kind of winged it.

So... Here are the things I missed the chance to do:

Pirate ship around Tom Sawyer's Island
    Tom Sawyer's Island
    Snow White's area on the right side of the castle
    Aladdin's Musical
    Bug's Life land
    Block Party Bash/Cars Pre Parade
    Games of the Boardwalk
    Orange Stinger
    Zephyr
    Meet any Villians in Fantasyland
    It's Tough To Be A Bug 3D show
    Redwood Creek Challenge/Trail
    King Triton's Carousel
    The Ugly Bug Ball
    Playhouse Disney Stage show
    Davy Crockett's Canoes
    Meet Ariel in Disneyland
    Innoventions
    Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years
    Donald's Boat
    Chip & Dale's Treehouse
    Sword in the Stone show
    Billy Hill & The Hillbillies
    Minnie's Breakfast in Disneyland
    Chip & Dale's Breakfast at GCH

That's alot!

I also didn't print out a list for the "50" Golden Logos so I could find them all and I didn't find any hidden mickeys! NOT ONE!

I went to Disneyland Friday July 21st through Monday July 24th. I believe Saturday was a record high of 106? Then it rained Sunday morning when I was told by a Disney employee on the phone "it never rains in Disneyland during the month of July. You have nothing to worry about!"

But I DID survive the most intense weekend at Disneyland this summer even though I saw people collapse and get tend to by medics... I survived the trip. Many pictures and stories to debut on my blog.

For those wondering I had family but I did do most of the park on my own because since little ones were with us they wanted to do rides/attractions for kids... And my plus sized aunt had no trouble getting on any ride in either park [in case anyone remembers my last post about her].

I plan on going again to Disneyland after Nemo's ride opens but not sure when that ride officially opens. And it's a good thing I visited DCA because supposely in 10 years we fans won't recognize it!

How does one do everything in the parks in 4 days? Anything on the "Missed" list I should have made time for? How do you Disneyland master visitors do it all?

And if you have a question(s) for me about my trip I'd be happy to answer.
    Micoofy:

Welcome back! After all your posts, I'm sure you gathered a lot of info, and I'm curious to see your full trip report, maybe with your review of specific things you did.

Also, you gathered a lot of information on the parades, fireworks, and shows, so I'd be interested to know, in your opinion now, what's the best place to see the parades and/or fireworks?

Also, when is your book of tips coming out?

Some specific responses - even if you didn't print them out, a list of the 50 golden hidden mickeys is available at City Hall.

And what were your favorite things you did? I think (ahem) that some of us tried to tell you that your plans were optimistic, and that you might not get to do everything you wanted... but I'm glad you were enthusiastic anyway, and that you had a good time, despite the heat.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Phew McGoofy, I misread your post and thought you said it was WHAT you did during your 4 day visit. I was like, you went to DL and didn't ride Haunted Mansion or Pirates???

Glad to see you had a fun time regardless of the heat and rain.

yeah what did u think of everything...also if thats all u missed...that doesnt seem like that much...u cant really do EVERYTHING...when people say they got to everything they mean all the rides they wanted to hit...it seems ur trip was successful!

as long as you did muppet vision then your on good terms!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Some specific responses - even if you didn't print them out, a list of the 50 golden hidden mickeys is available at City Hall.

And what were your favorite things you did? I think (ahem) that some of us tried to tell you that your plans were optimistic, and that you might not get to do everything you wanted... but I'm glad you were enthusiastic anyway, and that you had a good time, despite the heat.
    I can't believe I missed that. I ASKED a cast member if a list was posted somewhere but they told me it was "fun" to find them on my own. Oh well.

I had loads of fun, not a big complainer here. I understand how theme parks work in terms of being a guest and how no one should enter a theme park believing it is THEIR vacation but more everyone's vacation. Not everyone thinks but some people do and get upset when something doesn't go their way... like waiting in line and not getting to ride the Golden Vehicle on certain rides because someone else got to it first- um... first come first serve random guest #293,020!

My absolute favorite thing that I did while in Disneyland was to sit down on the benches in front of Main Street watching everyone walk out of the park at night. The lights, music, the castle in the distance, the people, the chatter, the kids, people wobbling due to aching feet, smiles, Cast Members leaving for the day... as odd or as simple as it sounds... that's my favorite memory of Disneyland... taking in the experience at the end of the day while wishing the night would never end.

And then I would get on my aching feet and wobble to my hotel room at GCH!
    Micoofy Duck

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by bryangharwood
    as long as you did muppet vision then your on good terms!
    Yeah I actually did this one by chance, found myself standing next to it and suggested my family should get into the next showing.

The show had very tiny differences than the WDW show but the show was good nonetheless. I suggested to my family that it's the lowest quality 3D show at the park and to watch it first before stepping up to HISTA and ITTBAB. That's how I feel so that the 3D shows keep getting better with each new show.

Laughed my butt off on Gonzo hitting the wall before you enter the building.
    Micoofy Duck

yeah its a great show... i didnt know they had it at wdw... darnit! i was hoping it was one of a kind oh well!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by belleariel412
    yeah what did u think of everything...also if thats all u missed...that doesnt seem like that much...u cant really do EVERYTHING...when people say they got to everything they mean all the rides they wanted to hit...it seems ur trip was successful!
    I overheard someone saying that their trip to Disneyland wasn't a step down from WDW but just a whole new experience regarding Disney theme parks. That's how I feel. Disneyland was so memorable and fantastic that I plan on going again next year on top of my yearly WDW trips.

I will say that I have never been so scared in my entire life on any Disney Theme Park ride than when I rode Disney Californian Adventure's Sun Wheel, the ones that slide when the wheel rolls... I was praying to God that this is not how I wanted to die. My ride vessel rocking back and forth so hard that I was holding on for dear life afraid the vessel was going to turn upside down or do something like falling off... I WAS SOOO SCARED! But I'd ride it again on my next trip!

I'm so the type of person that feels they can do EVERYTHING on their trip but now I know I can't do everything... but I'll continue thinking that way on my next trip! Have pity on me!
    Micoofy Duck

• Banned User

The only thing that I think you SHOULD NOT have missed is the current show at the Opera House: Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years.

Everything else you can practically do next time - well, er, um, not Snow White the Musical, but trust me, your not missing much on that one .

• Banned User

Oh nevermind, apparently, by your list, you saw Snow White - An Enchanting Musical.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck
    I will say that I have never been so scared in my entire life on any Disney Theme Park ride than when I rode Disney Californian Adventure's Sun Wheel, the ones that slide when the wheel rolls... I was praying to God that this is not how I wanted to die. My ride vessel rocking back and forth so hard that I was holding on for dear life afraid the vessel was going to turn upside down or do something like falling off... I WAS SOOO SCARED!
    first time i went to dca i went on that ride....i was really scared too! at least on any rollercoaster at disney u feel its controlling the scary parts....or that gravity and physics is on ur side! on this ride u have no seatbelts or whatever....it just feels so out of control!

iv never been to disneyworld...so i guess ur disneyland trip wasnt a complete new experience

• Still lost in Neverland

The announcement was made on July 17th this year that next year on July 17th the Subs would be rolling again, or floating, or sinking, or whatever. The new opening date, for now anyway, is July 17th, 2007.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face Re: Micoofy Duck's 1st Trip To Disneyland... and I missed so much!

Quote Originally Posted by belleariel412
    first time i went to dca i went on that ride....i was really scared too! at least on any rollercoaster at disney u feel its controlling the scary parts....or that gravity and physics is on ur side! on this ride u have no seatbelts or whatever....it just feels so out of control!

iv never been to disneyworld...so i guess ur disneyland trip wasnt a complete new experience
    Everyone be aware that you'll be scared on the Sun Wheel ride in DCA!

I didn't really understand your last quote but Disneyland WAS a complete new experience for me. Loved every second of it... that is until I had to get on the Disneyland Express 3 hours before my flight... that sucked.
    Micoofy Duck

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    The announcement was made on July 17th this year that next year on July 17th the Subs would be rolling again, or floating, or sinking, or whatever. The new opening date, for now anyway, is July 17th, 2007.
    Thanks... I'm definitely planning 7 months in advance to go to Disneyland for Christmas of next year... or maybe Halloween- No, December... I think December... I think...
    Micoofy Duck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast