Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: who else is dreading the return of HMH?

I do like the Haunted Mansion, BUT I prefer
    the Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Gotta love the man-eating wreath and plants!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bryangharwood
    "I'm looking forward to it - Haunted Mansion is just boring now."
    -adisneydreamer

!!!!!! i dont see how HM is Boring!!!!!
    Yes, I said its boring - I guess its because I have been on the ride so many times, but I just want a "change" in the original - give it a strong storyline and every few years create a new storyline.

I don't know, I'm just sick of the basic concept of HM being just a retirement home for ghosts. Much rather it go the way of Phantom Manor.

But then again, just my opinion .

• The Twilight Zone

i like both hm and hmh i think they maybe should add something new into this time. but i hate how it take a month to install

• Inhospitable about happy

As long as HMH is popular (and it is), and as long as it increases ridership (and it does), it will keep coming back. No point in whining about it: tell all those guests to just stop it, stop it right now, stop enjoying it, y'hear?

As others have pointed out, the excellent operating condition and fresh, imaginative enhancements to the regular HM are directly attributable to the fact that the HMH changeover gives WDI the window they need to implement such things. So if you like the regular DL HM, and you appreciate the TLC it has been getting (contrast the sorry condition of WDW and DLP), thank HMH.

• Minion

I can not wait for HMH to come back. I llook forward to it every every year. It is a nice change of pace and then right around JAN I look forward to the old HM to come back. I hope they always bring back HMH. I love all those characters. It is such a great story.
    Jason

I'm looking forward to seeing HMH for the first time on Halloween.
    Michelle

I can't stand HMH. It's like another one of the Fantasyland dark rides, but with non-classic characters. I was so disappointed when I was there in January and the HMH overlay was still up. I wish they'd get rid of it.

i like it...maybe they should just keep it for less time...i dont LOVE it

• Minion

Blog Entries

i'm sorry, but HMH is worth it just so i can see the singing plants, that is the best laugh i get all year!

• Banned User

I agree though it could use an update - having the "same exact" thing EVERY year for HMH is getting a bit boring (minus the music change from the original HMH to the present one).

The first time I went on HMH, I was like "Wow!"

Second time (the next year), I was saying "Wow!"

Then after that - it stated to lose its "Wow!" factor on me....though I still enjoy it more than the Original.

i almost agree with A Disney Dreamer because I would love to see Phantom Manor just because of the unique story; Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris is the only Haunted Mansion attraction that has a complete story, and I've seen pictures of their attraction and it looks amazing. When Haunted Mansion Holiday comes every year, I look forwward to hearing the "Music Box" music that is originally from Phantom Manor. They play it in the queue between those lame "Scarols."

I do love Haunted Mansion Holiday, however, for some reason this year I'd rather have no Holiday makeover. It seems that they just put in those new enhancements in the Attic and now, they're going to take them out just as quickly as they put them in for four months. When it gets to late December/early January and Haunted Mansion Holiday is still operating, I just get bored and annoyed with it. I absolutely love "it's a small world" holiday, but I also love that they only have it on for a month and a week.

• Earth Intruder

I've already said my piece on this thing in other threads. There were rumors going around that Ouimet wanted this year to be the last year of HMH, and just to keep "plussing" the regular mansion, but with him leaving now, who knows.

I'm praying that this year is the last year.

OR, if they simply HAVE to do HMH -- why not just do it for November and December? It's a freekin CHRISTMAS story. Why do I want to see spooky candy canes and Sandy Claws in September? How about next year we do Mickey's Spooky Halloween Bash in June? It's just... wierd.

It was cute and fun for a few years, especially when there was something NEW to it. Now it just takes up half the year... and it's exactly the same as the year before. And the year before that. *yawn*

Regular HM never gets old for me, no matter how many times I've been on it. HMH has worn out its welcome, bigtime.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• FastPass n00b

I love it, but I just wish it didn't take the regular HM out of comission for so long. I think the regular HM is only up for 6 months out of the year or something.

But I still love it, I'd be sad to see it go.

I don't praticularly care for HMH but the change up is a nice idea

I like that they're upgrading the origional HM now

but once they're done upgrading the origional they can go back to changing up HMH again (lets not forget the last thing that they added was Oogie) there are a few things from the Tokyo variation that I think could be transfered over or improved in our variation

• Banned User

You guys also remember that when HM gets dressed up for HMH - the HM gets its annual refurb as well - so its better just to really kill two birds with one stone at the smae time .
    Last edited by A Disney Dreamer; 07-27-2006 at 10:09 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast