• MC State Comptroller

Disneyland Resort Hotel Advice

Hey all,
    Just looking to see what Resort hotel you all prefer staying at. I have only stayed at the DL hotel once in the early 90's. Usually my family and I stay at the Castle Inn across the street. The rooms there are large enough for us and there is always the convienece of a Meth lab on every floor To be honest it is the price, as i would much rather spend the money inside the park than on the hotel.

So my question is What DL resort property do you like the best and why? Like I said i stayed once at the DL hotel and as i remember correctly it was nice. But I have never stayed at any of the other 2 hotels on property.

Any advice would help.

Thanks.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Lost in Wonderland

Re: Disneyland Resort Hotel Advice

I've only stayed at the DLH before the remodel, in the early 90's and late 80's. I would love to stay on-site but personally the prices are too high and I would rather spend the money at the park and eating at nicer places (i.e. Blue Bayou) and stay at the cheaper hotels. (Even though the Marriot I am staying at in Oct is a HUGE suite for the price!)

I think $200 is too much per night. Maybe after all the 50th hype settles down then maybe it would be more possible.

• MC State Comptroller

Yeah me too, but this time I want to create something special for my wife and son and plus with a toddler, staying at the hotel is soo easy since you hop on the monorail and your there. So this time I think we are going to stay at one of the DL property hotels.

I am just curious if one hotel offers more in the ways of bonuses, and ambience amongst other things than the other properties do.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper
    I am just curious if one hotel offers more in the ways of bonuses, and ambience amongst other things than the other properties do.
    I would assume the Grand Californian is the best hotel. At least it was rated that way by Trip Advisor. Pricey, but I hear its realllllllll nice. Plus you already at DCA, can't get closer than that.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

DL hotel is nice but now is like any other hotel, most of the special features don't exist anymore... Grand californian is nice but yet very expensive, The Paradise Peir hotel (from what I know) is also a great hotel, I've never stayed there but from what I've heard it is pretty nice...

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I think they all have different points that draw guests depending on their preferences. We've stayed in all three and I must say that we enjoyed Paradise Pier the most. We liked the themeing, the pool area, and great views of the firework show. We found the most lacking of all areas to be the dining choices.

The Disneyland Hotel is probably my least favorite, although I don't have much to complain about. It's just a personal opinion thing. The Grand is a great place to "get away" if you don't want Disney "in your face" your whole trip. It's lovely, but it doesn't feel like "Disneyland" to me.
    <o>

• Disneymom

We stayed at the DL once and prefer to stay off site as the hotels have more emenities like a fridge, microwave and such. We usually bring food like cereal, milk pbj and bread and soda a water and such. We usually pack sandwiches for lunch and take in with us so that the cost isn't so much, with three kids prices can be high for food. Plus we look at it this way, we are hardly at the hotel cause we are at Disney. We just need a bed. But that said, I think I'd like to stay at Paradise hotel oncce anr GC just for the fun of it.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Our favorite on-site hotel is the DL Hotel, Sierra Tower, 9th floor overlooking DTD and both Parks. Great views of the fireworks and of the DTD "atmosphere". And it's an easy walk to the Monorail station.

Oh yeah, getting the opportunity to see the baseball diamond on top of the ESPN zone! Can't miss that!!! LOL

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper
    Usually my family and I stay at the Castle Inn across the street. The rooms there are large enough for us and there is always the convienece of a Meth lab on every floor

How true!

And you also get the privilege of them running out of parking spaces, so you have to park at another motel down the street. The stains of an "unknown origin" on the sofabed, and the A/C units that don't work, etc...

Sorry, just had to add our experience from the one and only time that we stayed there.

That was the LAST time that we let price dictate where we stayed...

• MC State Comptroller

In all honesty the people at the Castle Inn have been great to us. When our AC broke they moved us to another suite.

I have never had a problem with parking, but we usually leave the car and walk/ECV it to DL.

One of the things that i do like about the Castle Inn is the in room fridge and microwave and I hear that it's missing from the DL property hotels. So that is to taken into consideration. I think we are going to stay at either the Paradise Pier or the DL hotel since the Grand California would require me to sell a kidney and I think i might need it later in life.