• Looking for Love

Sublagoon Danger

I remember in a past artical that Al Luts once said that the Sub lagoon had a crack in it and Sllloooowwwlly was leaking and that Disney had to sepend alot of money every day pumping fresh new water into the lagoon. And that if the lagoon leak wasent fixed, that it was only a matter of time untill the crack could bust and end up flooding the underground tunnels of tomarrowland.

Does anyone else remember this story, and most importantly, does anyone know any updates on this situation. It seems right now while the lagoon is empty, that it would be the best time to repair it.

• My Children's Father

There are ways to patch such leaks without draining the entire lagoon, so I doubt the situation was ever that dire. That being said, I'm sure a number of "problems" will be getting some treatment while it is drained.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

I do not remember this info... perhaps you got it confused with the sinkhole rumor??

Though even if it leaked.. their are ways to patch it up easily.. (20K lagoon at MK in WDW was over locker rooms in the utilidors.. and they had to patch it a few times i read..)

• A Ghost at Disneyland

According to my friend Steve, who works at Disneyland in their maintenance department (or whatever the actual disneyspeak term for it is) there have been several cracks and leaks in the sub lagoon.

According to him, when the ride was operational and a sub would pass by the crack, a lot of water was forced out. Disneyland is built on very sandy soil so this along with the water has supposidly caused the Matterhorn to sink a bit, requiring repeated structural repairs.

Its my understanding that these lagoon leaks have all been repaired. At least until the next earthquake.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I heard that if they drained it, it would make the Autopia, PM Track, and all stuff in the area like fall over. I'm not kidding. What a stupid rumor

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Is there even tunnels under TL, i was told theres no tunnels in DisneyLand

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    I heard that if they drained it, it would make the Autopia, PM Track, and all stuff in the area like fall over. I'm not kidding. What a stupid rumor
    Hey, MBC2005, I heard that rumor, too.... Didn't put too much credence in it at the time though.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Don't forget the Matterhorn! And i guess Harbor Blvd. was supposed to collapse too. Heh. Oh well.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    Don't forget the Matterhorn! And i guess Harbor Blvd. was supposed to collapse too. Heh. Oh well.
    I heard that half of anaheim would fall down into a large sink whole if the lagoon was drained...

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Is there even tunnels under TL, i was told theres no tunnels in DisneyLand
    There are matinence tunnels and service tunnels... how else would the bands get on the Tomorrowland Terris Stage out of no where?? :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    I heard that half of anaheim would fall down into a large sink whole if the lagoon was drained...
    Joke's on you! Since Disneyland opened 50 years ago, the Walt Disney Co. has been artificially sinking the city of Anaheim along with the already sinking Disneyland to give the appearance that nothing has sunk.

And if you believe that one, I have some swampland in Flordia to sell ya.

• Official Mice Chat person

So the Lagoon is drained... how come nothing collapsed, sank, fell over, or was flooded?

Don't you guys know that when the lagoon is drained, the entire universe is pulled into it like a giant all-consuming black hole! Not even the Matterhorn can escape!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    In order to secure the mountain when the Lagoon was drained, Large towers have been constructed around the Materhorn with cable supports.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Sock Puppet

Oh, man. The ignorance of non-Disney-demons. Tomorrowland sinking indeed. What a laugh!

• A Ghost at Disneyland

You've got to be kidding me! People actually believe that if the lagoon were drained all these apocolyptic things would happen around the park?!?!? I could understand concern over water undermining the footings of the Matternhorn causing them to sink a little bit. But that has only resulted in a few cracks in the exterior of the mountain and elsewhere, not toppling the whole Matterhorn. If I could only find these people I could make a fortune selling them tickets to ride on an alien spaceship. <sigh>

If you travel to Mexico City, you'll see some buildings that have sunk into the ground due to the water in the soil. (parts of the city were built on fill dirt over what used to be a lake) But those buildings didn't topple, people just started using the second stories as the entrance to the buildings. Not a big deal.