Fantasmic seating question

My family (me, husband, 3 kids ages 7,5, and 3) will be in DL next month and I really want to see Fantasmic, but I'm not sure it's doable. Maybe someone here can help me figure it out. I've ruled out the premium seating because the cost for 5 people is just too much. The 10:30 show is too late with a 3 year old in tow. I wouldn't get the kids to bed much before midnight and that just isn't an option, even with them taking a nap at the hotel in the afternoon. I know that people stake out their places for the 9pm show as early as 6pm, and that is also not an option. There's no way my 3 year old will sit still for 2 hours waiting for a show. I thought about having me or my husband save a spot, but I don't think that will work either. I'm not comfortable putting down a blanket and having 1 person save seats for 4 others. That doesn't seem right. Also, that would leave one adult with 3 kids for a couple of hours. That isn't very practical. So, to finally get to my question, is there any decent place to watch the show where you don't need to stake it out hours in advance? I think I could manage to keep my kids amused for about 30-45 minutes waiting, but not longer than that. I know it won't be a great spot, but I'm hoping there is something. If the answer is no, I'll look at the silver lining of being able to do some rides without waiting in super long rides.

• Neep meep beep

Re: Fantasmic seating question

Sorry, but I'm stumped. If you can't pay for premium seating, then the 10:30pm show is the way to go. It's about 50% less packed than the 9pm show, by my estimates.

If I were you, I'd wait and hold a place for the rest of your group - LOTS of people do that, but you stated by the terms of your post that's not an option for you either.

The size of your party makes some of the niche viewing areas that open up before show time not an option, but if I were you, I'd do one of the following:

(1) Wait until about 30-60 minutes before the show, and then try to find an unobstructed view. If you find an area at the back of a roped off area, where people have stood up and moved forward, often this will be a great area to see the show, and if you do need to put children on your shoulders, you won't be blocking another person's view (behind you should be the pedestrians walking, and behind them, the bridge and planter areas). If not, try to find a bridge spot or a spot at the planters behind everyone else.

(2) Try eating at the Riverbelle Terrace 30-60 minutes before show time. The meals should keep your littlest one distracted, and you can even have the children ride rides while you and the husband are snacking. You can then see at least some of the show from there, from many of the seats, without having to push, shove, pay, or wait.

Best of luck!

• Basking in birthday love

One spot that often gets neglected is the planter directly in front of Cafe Orleans, behind the central light tower. Because the tower stays lowered until about 10-15 minutes before showtime, people assume it's an obstructed view and pass it by, so it generally remains pretty open. It's right behind a major walkway, so there will be people moving in front of you the entire time (along with a few of the bumblebee CMs doing their thing), but it's not a terrible view. If you really want to see the show, though, you may want to reconsider what's not an option, since you're limiting your choices pretty severely before you even get started.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    One spot that often gets neglected is the planter directly in front of Cafe Orleans, behind the central light tower. Because the tower stays lowered until about 10-15 minutes before showtime, people assume it's an obstructed view and pass it by, so it generally remains pretty open. It's right behind a major walkway, so there will be people moving in front of you the entire time (along with a few of the bumblebee CMs doing their thing), but it's not a terrible view. If you really want to see the show, though, you may want to reconsider what's not an option, since you're limiting your choices pretty severely before you even get started.
    This was exactly the place I was referring to when I said the following:

" The size of your party makes some of the niche viewing areas that open up before show time not an option."

I had the light tower location in mind, but I'm not sure that five people can fit behind that small area.

• Basking in birthday love

It's actually pretty big; if we have to put up the ropes there, the viewing area's probably about 10' x 10'.

• Neep meep beep

Cool - then assuming that others don't rush in before they get their party of 5 in there, that is an excellent choice for where to see Fantasmic without waiting too long.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak

also you can stand right behine that light tower to see the show But you will need to get there and steak out spot about One hour 15 min, or 50 min, then bring in the kid about 35 min before show time.
    the right side of the pole is great spot right up to the fences

the desk you see control the firework and the stage manger is there to.
    Last edited by akfandisney; 07-29-2006 at 02:55 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9