Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Christmas Lagoon Show 2006

According to the Disney Corner, DCA's new laser, light and watercraft show is in development at WDI, and may appear a year earlier than Al's projection last February. As compared to the fireworks and Fantasmic!, this will hopefully represent a completely different genre of entertainment for the Disneyland Resort.

A question is raised, however, as to the term "watercraft". Are we talking about water-floats such as those used in Fantasmic!, or will the extravaganza include an infusion of speedboats, stunts and special effects? I'd certainly opt for the latter.

DCA needs a lavish and unique crowd pleasing draw. On the selfish side of things, I would like to see the debut of a new holiday show when I come to Disneyland this November. From what I understand, Tomorrowland's Rock It Mountain or Rockin' Space Mountain could re-launch this year - Grad Night being it's first and last flight to date.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-29-2006 at 10:18 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Christmas Lagoon Show 2006

if thats the case maybe they will keep dca open longer to keep the crowds at dl not so hectic at night from 9;30 to 12

• Iron-Clad Allie

According to Al, crowd control is management's main reason for pushing for the show. So, your notion, bryangharwood, will likely proove to be true,

lets hope that park gets a night time show so that we have more choices when it comes to night time entertainment.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Any improvement to DCA is of benefit to the entire resort.

Disney's Electric Parade is an fun-tastic spectacle. Unfortunately, it leaves a person wanting more...and there's nothing at DCA to keep the show-loving crowds there. They've got Fantasmic! and the fireworks on their minds. There's a mlot of other holiday themed things to do at Disneyland as well.

• Defeats the Huns

I had heard about a possible lagoon show and they were testing some of the lighting stuff... but I then heard that they stopped the testing because the plan was nixed...

but I do hope they DO have a lagoon show next year!
    maybe Mr. Grier, being from Tokyo, will have some influence on this decision for our DCA lagoon!

so what they need to do is do holiday shows also at dca and have there night time show mabey they should change the show when they get it to go with the seasons that would work and you would have a new show every few months how about that.

sorry for the mess ups

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLandFreak88
    so what they need to do is do holiday shows also at dca and have there night time show mabey they should change the show when they get it to go with the seasons that would work and you would have a new show every few months how about that.
    A show that alters it's theming along with the seasons would also be unique. This could be the begining of several DCA firsts! Me thinks that lady luck is finally starting to shine on the second DLR gate.

I hope this hapens.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    I had heard about a possible lagoon show and they were testing some of the lighting stuff... but I then heard that they stopped the testing because the plan was nixed...

but I do hope they DO have a lagoon show next year!
    maybe Mr. Grier, being from Tokyo, will have some influence on this decision for our DCA lagoon!
    Thanks for the insight, General. Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea are arguably Disney's most lavish and progressive parks in the world, today. Grier has certainly played an important role in TDR's success. I don't think he will let us down with respect to the laggon show!

Although I am still missing Matt Ouimet, I'm looking forward to watching Mr. Grier grace the resort with his brand of magic.

do you think he is a bean counter its hard to say what do you think.

• The one, the only...

Ride Warrior, I also hope that DCA gets a lagoon show. You mentioned the electrical parade. I think that concept of the electrical parade could be moved to BOATS and float through the lagoon. WDW has had that concept for decades. It unfortunately has not been improved upon since it was originally "floated" in the lake in front of the MK. I think that the core of the show could be this type of floating electrical parade. (I hope that they don't just copy the floats in Orlando. They are outdated, and I am always against cloning!) Add some lasers, new exciting music, water fountains, and Disney Characters and I think DCA would have a truly unique spectacular that would attract guests. A floating parade would be unique to this park. For once DCA would have something no one else has.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Why do you keep talking?

Maybe something like Legend of Mythica with the jet skiis coming out of a float unit? Obviously it can't be as huge as Disneysea's show, but they can adapt the vehicles and some of the ideas to DCA's lagon quite easily.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLandFreak88
    do you think he is a bean counter its hard to say what do you think.
    Nothing about Grier's 25 year career with Disney spells "beancounter" or, "Accounta-neer"...although I am sure his mathmatical skills are more than up to speed. The new DLR president is used to working with large budgets for the creation of some of the world's most magical and popular attractions in existance.

In fact, I would't be surprised if he isn't as disgusted with the distructive "leadership" of the Pressler/Harris regime as most everyone else. Still, let's keep our fingers and toes crossed...as time will tell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast