Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"A long time ago..." in Tomorrowland

What do you think of a "Jedi Training Academy" taking over the Club Buzz Stage? To me, it doesn't make any sense. Tomorrowland should showcase the world of tomorrow, and Jedi's just don't fit in with a realistic future. Granted, Star Tours is right down the path, but it deals more with robot pilots and space travel. I guess I'm just a little nervous welcoming these guys into the heart of TL.
    What are your thoughts? What should go in the Club Buzz stage instead of Jedi's?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: "A long time ago..." in Tomorrowland

Is this confirmed or your idea for the Jedi Academy?

I personally think it would fit Tomorrowland if they just played up the Space aspect of Star Wars a bit.

However, if I may mock and bash for a moment, ( ) it gets bad sometimes in WDW when tourists don't get thier kids selected, so they storm off, bitching, not watching the show blah blah blah. Kinda rude, they don't have a kid in it so suddenly they don't want to see it.

With DL's history of some APs being "me me me!" do they really want a show that is inviting just one more thing for these "Meme!" APs to complain about a City Hall?

"I'm an AP and my kid wasn't picked for The-Jedi-Academy-presented-by-Disney-and-George-Lucas-over-in-Tomorrowland-which-replaced-Clubb-Buzz-on-the-old-Tomorrowland-Terrace-stage what are you going to give me!!!!!"

I've never seen any Star Wars film, so already it seems out of place to me, it doesn't fit Tomorrowland at all because it is sciene fiction, compared to science factual (like Space Mountain, even though it seems like a fantasy, it features many real elements (space station rockets etc) ). I think StarTours is fine because it presents some what of a change from the rest, but I don't want Tomorrowland in its already over Pixarized self to become a haven for Star Wars stuff and fans.

I don't like the Buzz show, but I think they should do something that really the stage was made for, music. Come on local bands, famous bands, fake bands, whatever happened to Voyager and all of those things that were going on at the Tomorrowland Terrace. sigh, now the music is heading for California (adventure) and its just one of those fake bands made by a Disney Channel series/movie.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: "A long time ago..." in Tomorrowland

I'd have to see it. Not a big SW fan, but think ST is a great attraction, albiet one that desperately needs a new film. I was impressed with the Toy Story films, but that Buzz show is pathetic (see how the film and the attraction that follows often have nothing do do with each other as far as quality or likeability?). If Buzz was replaced by randomly picking people in the park to do stand-up comedy, even that would probably be an improvement.

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I think it's going to be a great addition to TL (and it is true, Al reported it in a recent update...whether it will pan out or not is of course another story left up to executives).

I think the issue here is that a bunch of adults are discussing this. Well, guess what? This Jedi Training Academy isn't for you! It's for little kids who like to hit each other with plastic lightsabers, as most youth does. It's going to be a hit with the youngsters, and the young at heart.

"I don't know if this fits with the theme." Star Tours is located not too far away from the Buzz stage, deeming any Star Wars-related thing in the land okay, even if you want to get all nitpicky about what's okay and what's not, the brand name deems it all unecessary. How can one create a futuristic transportational stage show? Tell me. I'm all ears.

I could totally see lightsabers being created in the future (if it's ever deemed possible, anyway) simply because the public has a fascination with them, and possibly dominating the forces of nature, if human kind ever discovers such a thing to do. Many of the jedi concepts are things that we as humans haven't discovered or figured out yet...that doesn't mean we won't in the future. One can't say that we will or won't, simply because none of us knows what the future holds. Assumption is ignorance.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    I think the issue here is that a bunch of adults are discussing this. Well, guess what? This Jedi Training Academy isn't for you! It's for little kids who like to hit each other with plastic lightsabers, as most youth does. It's going to be a hit with the youngsters, and the young at heart.

Couldnt have said it better... its like adults complaining about too many kids being in disneyland. Sure DL is for EVERYONE young and old, but if its something for kids than it should be embraced. Give it a chance...if it really is that bad than you can judge...but u cant have negative preconceived reviews about something that hasent even been implemented into DLR yet...This one could be different from the WDW version...who knows!?

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

wait only little kids are supposed to do that :P, hahaha last year at school during lucn some guys from the drama and martial arts club did some mock lightsaber fights during lunch funniest thing ever :P

• Monorail Racer

Hey - I certainly enjoy swatting other adults with plastic swords when I have the chance. Unfortunately, work has said I'm not allowed to do that any more. I have to settle my differences by "talking."
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Lost in Wonderland

Anything at this point is better then Club Buzz.

• Popular Princess

i'm planning on keeping an open mind until i see it. the only thing i fear is that it will up the sales of light sabers which will up the number of bruises on my legs as children practice their moves in crowded areas while oblivious parents look on. but hey, i could be totally wrong. we'll really have to wait and see. all i know is that it is time for a change at club buzz.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• "Always On The Move..."

Many of the jedi concepts are things that we as humans haven't discovered or figured out yet...that doesn't mean we won't in the future. One can't say that we will or won't, simply because none of us knows what the future holds. Assumption is ignorance.
    Um..Jedi Concepts are basic Far Eastern Religion..taken from a lot of Taoism and Zen...the fighting styles have a lot of "The Five Rings" thought behind them. LOL.. So...Jedi Concepts are figuered out...But I do like what you have to say about "none of us knows what the future holds."

So very very true..
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Shablagoo!

It would be cool if I could bring my MAster Replicas Darth Vader FX lighsaber with me and swing it around. Bet it is tons better than the ones they will sell the kids. Do they sell the Master Replica sabers in DL?

Opps.. just blew this post...See below

*reaches over, flips switch, engages brain*
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer
    It would be cool if I could bring my MAster Replicas Darth Vader FX lighsaber with me and swing it around. Bet it is tons better than the ones they will sell the kids. Do they sell the Master Replica sabers in DL?
    Yes, they sell MR sabers at Star Tours. But you will play a lot more for them there than you do on the MR site. Also, I have never seen a FX blade there..just the non-bladed replicas. (Also, now you know that your not supposed to hit anything with the MR blade..so do what the rest of us are doing and convert them out to blades you can really fight with LOL)

Hope this helps.
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch
    Yes, they sell MR sabers at Star Tours. But you will play a lot more for them there than you do on the MR site. Also, I have never seen a FX blade there..just the non-bladed replicas. (Also, now you know that your not supposed to hit anything with the MR blade..so do what the rest of us are doing and convert them out to blades you can really fight with LOL)

Hope this helps.
    LOl. I figured they would be more expensive at DL. Trust me, I dont buy anything at DL I can buy elsewhere. And Yes I did read the guide before I started swinging my lightsaber around. Trust me I do not want to break it. Maybe I will bring my United Cutlery LOTR Herugrim sword instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast