• MC State Comptroller

November Trip Question

We are planning are next DL vacation for November. We think it is the best time to see all the Christmas stuff and do some early Christmas shopping. Our travel agent, who we use every time we go, got us a real good deal for 7 days at DL. Nov 11-17 staying at a resort property including admission and character breakfast for an fantastic price.

My question is how do you think the crowds will be during that week. Last year we went around the same time and the crowds were decent. Busy on the weekends, but during the week it was nice. I mean my God i rode Grizzly Rapids 4 times in a row in a boat by myself (yes i know its DCA).

I also want to know any creative ideas that i can do for my wife since we will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary towards the end of November. My MIl and FIL will be with us and they are going to take the tyke for a night and it will be me and my love at DL. So to all the romantics out there, what can i do at DL to surprise and romance my wife?

Any suggestions to any of my questions will be highly appreciated and I will toast a churro AND a dole whip to you.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Re: November Trip Question

My husband and I are going to be there during the same time as you guys! The 12th through the 16th! Hooray! I shall watch this thread closely!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Feel the breeze!

Expect HUGE crowds, especially right after all of the Christmas festivities begin.

<ponders the second question> Well, dinner at Napa Rose or the Vineyard room may be a good start. When you make reservations let them know that you are there for some quiet time with your wife. They also may be able to help you set up something special at the restaurant, if that is what you want.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper
    Nov 11-17 staying at a resort property including admission and character breakfast for an fantastic price.

My question is how do you think the crowds will be during that week.
    I as at DL last November the week before Thanksgiving on a Wensday and a Friday. I think the longest we stood in a line was about 15- 20 minutes. At DCA almost everything was a walk on.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

The crowds will be bigger than off-season, but they should have enough people on to handle it. Expect a few lines, but nothing nasty.

What to do? Lets see, an after-dark tour with the right Jungle Cruise Skipper could be quite romantic...

A good one would be to bring a blanket, get there early and stake out really good seats at the Hub in front of the Castle for the Fireworks. Plenty of snuggle time without dealing with kids.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• MC State Comptroller

Thansk for some of the responses...

Anyone have any idea of what attractions might be down then? When is the Monorail going down? Disney.com only shows up to October.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I was in the Resort last year for the Veteran's Day weekend, which also happened to be my birthday weekend. It was crowded. Very crowded. Along with the holiday visitors there were cheerleaders. Everywhere. I don't think the cheerleader, er, conference will be going on this year, so things should be better. But I re-scheduled my birthday trip to the first weekend in November to catch easier crowds.
    Durned cheerleaders...

Mortgage the house and make reservations for the Blue Bayou Restaurant.
    I don't know about Christmas decorations during November; that seems a little early...
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

Our favorite place for dinner is Granville's, it is quiet, the service has always been excellent, and the food is great.

• Circle of Ancients

The week before Thanksgiving is okay ... once you get into the week OF Thanksgiving crowds multiply BIG TIME.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Brer Bear
    I don't know about Christmas decorations during November; that seems a little early...
    They start putting up "Fall" decorations for Halloween in mid-September, then the minute that the Halloween Weekend is over "Fall" is out and "Christmas" is in.

November 1 is on a Wednesday this year - they MIGHT run Halloween for one last weekend and start the Christmas Changeover on Sunday night 11/5. But I'll bet they'll start putting up christmas at closing time on Tuesday Night 10/31, and it will be quite noticeable by the weekend.

It will take them several weeks to get it all up, but up it will go. They wait till after Thanksgiving to put up the big tree IIRC.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

We went to Disneyland for our Honeymoon two years ago During Halloween weekend and they had the Big tree up the tuesday after Halloween (it was on Sunday). They had wreathes and Christmasy things all around the park. Hope fully it'll look a lot like Christmas!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Defying gravity

We're going to DL from Nov. 18 - Nov. 22. We were hoping to beat the Thanksgiving crowds.....? Technically, up until Nov. 22 (our check out day) DLR is considered to be in "value" (off) season.