View Poll Results: Which would you prefer for a dark ride:

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Muppets

36 43.90%
  • Monsters Inc.

46 56.10%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I totally hear you on the muppet overexposure (especially the ewok thing), but in my mind, the only true muppets are the classic, original ones: Kermit, Miss Piggy, et al. And they deserve a lovely, new ride.

I guess if I could have my way, I'd want a muppets ride AND a monsters ride. Why not have both? There is plenty of room!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer
    Sorry! What can I say? I just got over-muppet-ed back then.

I loved the show, watched it every week. But then they started popping up in other places, saturating the media: fraggle rock, movies like Labyrinth and Dark Crystal and stuff, and then they're all over SW: episode 6. Just got to be too much.

Monsters, on the other hand, has lots of potential for a dark ride. The travelling door sequence alone is a good idea.
    You know, I was leaning toward Monsters for that reason, and when you said it, I went yep.

I was a big muppet fan for years also, and have most of their movies, watched the show, and enjoyed the show in DCA. But...
    As much as I love them, they don't have that Disney feeling somehow for me.
    Maybe because I loved Jim Henson's work, and they don't pull the heartsrtings anymore.

I think Monsters has lasting potential. I can remember it being at the theater forever, and it is a lovable story, with an endearing cast.
    Remember, there is a whole new generation of Disney lovers out there.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Well we all know that old SuperStar Limo is getting redo, and unfortunately it appears to be Monsters Inc. It is a bad fit for Hollywood. The Muppets are much more Hollywood than Monsters. A bigger, wider (especially Ms. Piggy) variety of characters to choose from.

We all know the old Superstar Limos are the vehicle for this ride, and the Muppets would certainly make it more entertaining, I just don't see how Monsters could fill a whole dark ride.

• Kirbyshowcase.com

Muppets are not just a group of characters in the movies and 70's tv shows but the word muppet describes the kind of puppet they are (like they are hybrid puppets or something, i forget). So seasame street characters are in fact muppets. I vote for muppets because it would be so cool to see them all moving right infront of me, like I see them on tv but not right there. Thats why I kind of want to be on seasame street so I can be like "what's up elmo, THUG!" and he can be like "Nuttin much, just chillin" and then for some reason Jesus shows... up... hmm.
    (insert funny comment here)

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Strange, but I agree with the monsters thing. Monsters inc. seems like a POW ride, with an amazing door sequence maybe ... Anyways, I dont feel as if I find much disney in the muppets, the shows great, just the ride sounds so weird...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• What, where am i?

Re: Which Dark Ride Would You Prefer: "Muppets" or "Monsters Inc." ?

muppets is not a dark ride its a 3D show and i think monsters inc. is a very cute ride, but of the two i think i like muppets 3D better its a lot more interactive.
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

If this is torture, chain me to the wall

Are you there God? It's me Jesus.

Locke and Jack are to busy worrying about Locke and Jack.

The best kind of Prize is a surprise! Hehehe

The sun never sets on the Disney Empire.

• is confuzzled.

Muppets...definetly. and maybe a christmas overlay with a muppet's christmas carol!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Muppets is one of the best shows that they have. Why rip it out? I say get rid of the boring ones instead.

Monster's Inc. dark ride rocks.

And I must say this...this topic is kind of beating a dead horse, since one of the things became a reality.

There already is a Monsters Inc. ride. I guess I'm gonna have to go with Muppets (but not to replace Muppets 3D).

• Resident DL'er

Anyone remember that show "Muppet Babies"? I loved that show. I've kind of lost interest in the Muppets over the years though, so I'd probably still say Monsters, Inc. But we've already got it, so we're good

• What have I done?

I want a Muppets ride!

"This guy!"

this probably won't be too popular, but i say (now that we have monsters) they take away Muppets 3D and build a massive Great Muppets Movie Ride fitting in both the muppets 3d building and the Millionaire building. Those buildings are even big enough that you could have a two story ride for twice the action. you could have a scene from a movie where ppl are climbing a mountain or something along those lines when you rise to the 2nd story, and a mudslide scene from a different movie as you go back to ground level (i cant think of any movies at the moment that might work, but im sure they're out there). i would love to see the muppets take the place of famous characters from the movies. they could even costar with AAs of the original characters (ie leonardo dicaprio and miss piggy instead of kate winslet for a Titanic scene). it might work out better if it were only muppets, but if they wanted a twist on it, they could do it that way. with this addition (which thematically would fit PERFECTLY with the hollywood theme of the area), and with monsters, all they would need to do is add another dark ride in the old Hollywood and Dine building and you would have a corridor of dark rides much like they do in Fantasyland at Disneyland, which would be great. you'd have a great family friendly area in the park, one meant for all ages, and right next door you have tower of terror, which is a great intro into the thrill ride category of theme park rides for the approx 10 yr old crowd, thus keeping the family together for pretty much every attraction in this part of the park, which is a VERY good thing.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• What have I done?

Hey I like this idea and they could also utilize the que area of the current Muppets 3d attraction all the wayu up to the point befor eyou enter into the auditorium. Or load in the auditorium!

"This guy!"

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic
    this probably won't be too popular, but i say (now that we have monsters) they take away Muppets 3D and build a massive Great Muppets Movie Ride fitting in both the muppets 3d building and the Millionaire building. Those buildings are even big enough that you could have a two story ride for twice the action. you could have a scene from a movie where ppl are climbing a mountain or something along those lines when you rise to the 2nd story, and a mudslide scene from a different movie as you go back to ground level (i cant think of any movies at the moment that might work, but im sure they're out there). i would love to see the muppets take the place of famous characters from the movies. they could even costar with AAs of the original characters (ie leonardo dicaprio and miss piggy instead of kate winslet for a Titanic scene). it might work out better if it were only muppets, but if they wanted a twist on it, they could do it that way. with this addition (which thematically would fit PERFECTLY with the hollywood theme of the area), and with monsters, all they would need to do is add another dark ride in the old Hollywood and Dine building and you would have a corridor of dark rides much like they do in Fantasyland at Disneyland, which would be great. you'd have a great family friendly area in the park, one meant for all ages, and right next door you have tower of terror, which is a great intro into the thrill ride category of theme park rides for the approx 10 yr old crowd, thus keeping the family together for pretty much every attraction in this part of the park, which is a VERY good thing.
    I like this idea. Im getting so tired of 3D shows. in fact, im over em! they are so 1980's (although a return of Captain EO would be the best thing since sliced bread, but thats cause Captain EO is way beyond your average lame 3D gimmick of a show they call entertainment. but that kind of talk is for a different thread altogether). i think an attraction like the one youve described would be great. where do i sign?
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Animatronic

Even though I like the universe of Monster's Inc., I think the Muppet's style with sight gags and strong characters is an easier sell than Monster's inc. Even if Monster's Inc. spawned a series of movies, it's single gimmick is likely to get old. It was flushed out and designed to make a movie, not a franchise. In that regard, Mickey and Kermit have something common. Their character and charm was designed to come through in short skits or short features time and time again. The muppets are perfect for a dark ride with limited space as it would be all about the gags and the characters. Monster's Inc. would be about the universe, and that's going to be a hard sell in a short ride with limited space.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast