Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Defying gravity

Lightbulb Will Autopia Ever Get Rid of the Drivers' Licenses???

I've been wondering this for a few years now....Will Autopia ever stop giving out the drivers' licenses??? It seems that it would be expensive to print thousands of these every day and give them to people (mostly) so they can just throw them on the ground. I know I have a collection at home that would probably cover one of my walls entirely!!!

Indy had the cards so you could encrypt the letters on the walls, and they got rid of those before I rode for the first time in 2001. I think that the Autopia cards have been around since 2000. Is this something that Chevron wants? Would Autopia just not be the same without drivers' licenses? Or maybe, should they only be available to those who WANT them; rather than being FORCED UPON EVERYONE?!

• That one girl.

Re: Will Autopia Ever Get Rid of the Drivers' Licenses???

But you need a license to drive a car. We don't want any of those unlicensed drivers out there on the road.
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

I found the cards cute on our first ride through, the kids went over to the photo booth took pics. and put them on their cards. Then when we went on Autopia later my 8 year old told the CM he didn't need a "new" license he already had one, and he showed him it. The CM insisted he take a new one, it kind of irritated me.
    Michelle

• Suriname on VMK.

I was at Disneyland about two weeks ago, and I went on Autopia. I was used to getting a license but yet I, nor anyone else I saw on the ride had licenses. Maybe they have stopped the license?
    VMK name: Suriname.

• Circle of Ancients

I think they just got so many millions of them when the ride reopened that they haven't run out. I doubt they are printing them out still.

Quote Originally Posted by stagemomx3
    I found the cards cute on our first ride through, the kids went over to the photo booth took pics. and put them on their cards. Then when we went on Autopia later my 8 year old told the CM he didn't need a "new" license he already had one, and he showed him it. The CM insisted he take a new one, it kind of irritated me.
    It must depend on the CM. The last time we rode my son (9 years old) told the guy "No Thanks," and he said ok and didn't give him one. I didn't take one either. The guy just passed us along without the licenses.

In case anyone wasn't aware, Autopia has been giving away (on and off again) kiddie Drivers Licences since it first opened in 1955, and was then sponsored by the Atlantic Richfield Gas Company.

• Banned User

Is it SOP for the attraction that they must.. or should give the licenses out at the position?? I would figure they should ask would you like a free license or somerthing like that.... it would save on the paper they use and such....especually with the price of gas and how much those cars use... Thank goodness they gavce a gas company sponsoring them... (Can honda sponsor it next, and use the new electric cars..)

• For You!

They used to be cool when you could win one of the chevron disney cars!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Someone here posted a thread that the licenses were going to be discontinued??? So I figured that they would go away, but we have been given them every trip so far this year.

And yes, we have so many, that we just thank the CM and don't take anymore. More for the tourists...

(And over the years, we have "won" 11 Chevron cars. Funny thing though, we "won" most of them when one of us was wearing a birthday sticker! Dealing from the bottom of the deck maybe??? LOL)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

They use the liscences to make sure people aren't cutting in line.

The last time I went (end of June), my boyfriend, friends and I and everyone else in line had to get their liscences out to show the CM before we could board. Think about it...where does the CM hand out the cards? It's a common cutting spot. Without the card, you can't get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyihumm
    I was at Disneyland about two weeks ago, and I went on Autopia. I was used to getting a license but yet I, nor anyone else I saw on the ride had licenses. Maybe they have stopped the license?
    I went a few weeks ago and we did not get any licenses either. I was wondering what happened to them.

A few years ago, we won prizes with them once. Two of my 3 kids won little toy cars and when the CM saw the look on my 3rd kid's face, he gave her one, too!

JULIE
    This is my signature.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    They used to be cool when you could win one of the chevron disney cars!
    You can still win a free Toy car. They come up every so often when you work in the Autopia store.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom
    You can still win a free Toy car. They come up every so often when you work in the Autopia store.
    We won a toy car last October. I would have much preferred to win a new Honda, but you take what you can get!

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Maybe we can convince Chevron to print Indiana Jones translator cards again instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast