Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

Favorite Jungle Cruise Jokes/Skippers

We all love the Jungle Cruise. What are some of your favorite jokes? Whether they be old worn out classic ones, or new and unique ones that you had the privilege to hear.

Any particular skipper stand out to you? Tell.

One of my favorites favorite joke is one I heard a few months ago, and I only heard it once.

Female Skipper: Come on in folks, though I have to warn you, I might be some of your worst nightmares. That's right I'm a woman with a loaded gun.

That one had both my uncle and me cracking up.

How about yours?
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Favorite Jungle Cruise Jokes/Skippers

I don't remember her name, but she was absolutely wondeful! She had amazing jokes and impeccable timing. My favorite part of the cruise:

It was at night, and we got to the two giant elephans in the Nile. She turned off the lights on the boat and said "All right folks, I'd like you to meet Zippy the elephant." (she picks up a spotlight and shines it at the pachederm) she talks about how he is named Zippy because he is the fastest elephant in the whole jungle and swoops the spotlight around to the Zippy on the right bank of the river. I had never seen anything like this happen and thought it was absolutely hilarious!

• Shablagoo!

Miss Christine that's a great story. I finally did the Jungle Cruise at night on my trip in 2003. My mother never weanted to do it since it was night and you "could not see anything". Well i was with my dad and eh had no objections so we went on. The funniest thing I saw was on anohter boat where the skipper was turning the lights on and off, giving his passengers a "lightswitch rave".

• Just Me

My favorite was several years ago. It was towards the beginning of the ride and the Skipper yelled "DUCK!" Everyone did, then he calmly pointed and said, "See, there he goes."

One morning I rode it by myself. I was sent to get fast passes for Indy for the group I was with. It was first thing in the morning. The female Skipper was waiting for enough people for her to go. She started bugging me to come over and ride with her. It was very cute, and she was good too.

I like it when The Boy gets to sit up front near the Skipper. He has such a blast with the Skipper during the ride. One Skipper finally remarked to him,
    "Kid, you're killing me here." It was about the Rare African Bull Elephant, only one in the entire world. Boy pointed to the other one and the guy said that was an African Bull Penguin. Boy told him that he was wrong, it was an elephant. Skipper, "How do you know, have you ever seen an African Bull Penguin?" Boy, "Yep, sure have." "Kid, you're killing me here."

Most of the time the SKippers are desperate to get some sort of a reaction from the riders, so when they do get someone responding to them they totally go with it.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

I heard this once during Grad Nite 2002, and what was sad was the fact that I was the only one that got the Joke.

It was at the very begining of the ride and we got to the two statues that are a bit beyond the tiger.

"Over to your left we have the God Rajah, and to our right we have her monkey guardian Aha."

It's a Three Stooges Joke that involed Curly pretebding to be the Rajah of a certain country. So when someone said Rajah his thing was Aha.

I was busting up laughing.

• Disneyland Regular

My favorite joke was at the end of the ride as everyone was getting off: "Sir. Sir! You forgot your bag. [pause] Oh, nevermind. She'll catch up with you."

The skipper I remember most was apparently on his first day, because there were three other cast members riding the front of the boat with him, and he stuck strictly to the script. He was pretty nervous, and it showed. I felt sorry for him.

• Banned User

Captain Mikey has been and will always be the greatest skipper of all time!

My kids love the one about O'hanas being at the bottom of the totem pole, and the Rhino is about to poke O'hanas.

My favorite skipper--can't remember his name, but when he saw me quietly mouthing all his punchlines with him, he totally went off script, trying to find jokes I had never heard. It was hilarious! That was my funnest cruise down de-nile!

My mom and I took my boys in june and Andrew is very nervous about riding
    rides (he is 5) and so when he said he wanted to ride the Jungle Cruise I was excited, I love this ride.

I dont remember any of the skippers jokes, but Andrew had his autograph book and the skipper was more than happy to sign his book and take a picture with him..(andrew loves to get autographs from cm's)..when cm's take time for kids and autographs to me that makes a special day.
    www.reveles.net
    "a whole lot of nothin"

• Traveler to the south

"There are a couple of toucans, if we had another we would have a six pack!"
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• Neep meep beep

My favorite was during a recent visit when the skipper pointed to the crumbling temple, and said that sadly, that is all that exists of the Rocket Rods. He then pointed to a large boa constrictor and said "we call that reptile "Tommy Lee" -- I'm not sure why."

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover
    "There are a couple of toucans, if we had another we would have a six pack!"
    I think the correct joke is "if we had three toucans, we'd have a six pack"!

• Artsy Fartsy

My fav has to be when the boat comes up to the dancing villagers, the CM says hold on a sec while I translate for you,.... he pauses for 5 seconds then says,... I have no clue what there saying, who am I kidding!!! I laughed my pants off!!

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Neep meep beep

I love that one. Or when the Jungle Skipper translates as "I want to rock and roll all night -- and party every day!"

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I love that one. Or when the Jungle Skipper translates as "I want to rock and roll all night -- and party every day!"
    I actually had that one once where the CM stopped to translate and looking rather confused said "Na... Na... Na... Na... Na... I'm Lovin' It?". I'm getting kind of tired of the simple "Let me stop and see if I can translate." ... "Nope!" joke. I loved it when I first heard it, but everyone seems to do it nowadays. I absolutely love when the skippers make up the translation.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast