• Yeah...I'm cool

Height requirement question

2 weeks ago we measured our son, who hit 40 1/4 inches. Saturday he made the requirement on BTMRR, ST, SOC & TOT, but he was a good 1/4 inch off of Splash Mountain.

All of the height check devices seem to be off from one another, but this one was crazy. Does anyone know why this is?

• Haha. Mud is great :] <3

Red Face Re: Height requirement question

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey
    2 weeks ago we measured our son, who hit 40 1/4 inches. Saturday he made the requirement on BTMRR, ST, SOC & TOT, but he was a good 1/4 inch off of Splash Mountain.

All of the height check devices seem to be off from one another, but this one was crazy. Does anyone know why this is?
    no actually, i dont KNOW. but i never reallly had that situation bc i always wore my highest shoes and now they check your shoes!!! but now anyway i can go on all of the rides @ disney land and california adventure. Are you taking your son to CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE TOO? BC THEY HAVE KID RIDES ALSO. THEY ALSO HAVE CA SCREAMING WHICH I LOVE!!!
    ----Heather
    vmk name: Heather_Princess

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Height requirement question

Why? Dunno, but these signs aren't really precision measuring devices. I remember reading a few years back of one that was way off in DCA; someone even had a tape measure with them that confirmed it. When it happens, the CM will only go by the device at the ride. However, if other measurers are showing him to be tall enough, and he's riding other rides with the same minimum, I personally feel you can fold a map and boost his height for that one that is off with no guilt. Others will disagree of course, and they will be posting shortly to say so.

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• love my friends

Re: Height requirement question

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey

when my daughter turned 40 inches I had this problem.. but on thunder mountain.. she could go on star tours, splash, tot and at this ride they said she wasnt quite 40 inches.. I do think some of the measuring things are off on some of the rides

Friends for life

• Yeah...I'm cool

Re: Height requirement question

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick
    Why? Dunno, but these signs aren't really precision measuring devices. I remember reading a few years back of one that was way off in DCA; someone even had a tape measure with them that confirmed it. When it happens, the CM will only go by the device at the ride. However, if other measurers are showing him to be tall enough, and he's riding other rides with the same minimum, I personally feel you can fold a map and boost his height for that one that is off with no guilt. Others will disagree of course, and they will be posting shortly to say so.

Cheers.
    He was the right height at the fast pass distribution. but at the enterance he was to small. They called the lead and she said there was nothing they could do about it. I made a report at city hall and they said the would send maintenance out to check it.

Next week I'm going to bring my measuring tape.