This Wednesday or Thursday - which day is better?

Long time reader, first time poster...

I have a chance to take my 7 year old daughter this Wednesday or Thursday. Which day is less crowded?

Thanks!

• Just this guy......

Re: This Wednesday or Thursday - which day is better?

I could be wrong on this one, but I have always heard that Thursdays are less croweded.

But either day, nothing beats getting there early! And that means before the park opens. If you do this, you can do more in those first few hours.

• Neep meep beep

This is the height of tourist season, so "less crowded" may be a meaningless term this time of year.

However, I'd vote for Wednesday, and it has to do with the way people who are tourists schedule vacations, since they tend to always straddle a weekend. If someone takes a five day vacation, and leaves on Friday, that leaves Friday as a travel day (and sometimes the parks in the evening Friday), and then Tuesday as their last day, usually also a travel day.

If they leave travel (flying or driving) for Saturday, that makes Wednesday a travel day, leaving them out of the parks as well.

If they do the opposite, and fly back on Sunday, that means that Wednesday is the day that they arrive, and as mentioned above, spend an evening at best in the park, and then leave on the 5th day, on Sunday.

Any of the above leaves Wednesday and Thursday as the least busy days, but based on scenario two above, I think that Wednesday is always going to be slightly less busy, especially in the day.

Note that "The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland" has a different opinion. They think that Tuesday is the least busy day in the park.

This could be debated forever, are you going to count the posts for wed. and the posts for thurs., and go on whichever has the majority? I say go both days, or whichever works best with your other plans for the week. Really, wed/thurs., you wouldn't even notice the difference with which was busy/less busy...they will be so close

Thanks for all the responses - most appreciated!

I wish we could go both days! We used to be APs, so I would always just head over early Sunday mornings - there by 8, leave by 1 - and NEVER go during the Summer. However, its been over a year since our last trip, we're getting free tickets and my daughter is out of camp this week so I thought - why the heck not?

I reckon if we leave from Burbank around 6:30AM and get there by 8AM (maybe even pancakes at the River Belle - mmmmmmmm) that would give us some time to run over to Fantasy Land and then Toontown before it gets too hot and crazy.

Yeah - guess I will just tally votes on Wed vs Thurs and then take a vaca day

• All you need is LOVE

Have fun in thte park

• Minion

One day, I'm going to get one of those time traveling devices that allows you to skip ahead and see what Disneyland crowds are like.

Then I'm going to play the lottery...

• Disney Geekstrordinaire

At this time of year it's pretty even keel. During less busy times I have found Tuesday and Wednesday to be great though. Have fun!
    Go make a life, not a living.

• Closed Account

Wednesday! Most of the hotels start their "deal packages" on Thursdays so this may imply that most "tourist" will be arriving Wednesday night to begin their Disneyland Resort Vacation package on Thursdays.

I could be wrong.....

I'd vote for Wed. Of course that's also when I'm going again Also might be there Thurs. but just in the moring on that day. There isn't really that much of a difference on those 2 days. At least not that I've noticed.
    Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaPeel007
    Yeah - guess I will just tally votes on Wed vs Thurs and then take a vaca day
    What do cows have to do with this??
    Split my vote: 1/2 Wed, and 1/2 Thurs. Yes, I'm very helpful in your decision-making.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Oh no - now I have to deal with fractions!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I would go for a wednesday too. Sure the park may be filled with tourists, but many of the locals will be at work. It shouldn't be bad. Get on Space Mountain first thing in the morning though. Also get on Splash/Matterhorn before the lines get long (Or grab a fastpass for them). Their lines tend to be very slow & long during the summer because they can not take in many riders per hour. However, lines for Pirates of the Caribbean & Haunted Mansion may seem long, but just remember that they take in so many riders per hour that the waits will be short.

Just buy some water misters, put on sun block, wear light clothes, bring lots of water, & wear hats/sunglasses if you need to. Oh and bring some spendin cash & post pictures .

Oh get a parkhopper ticket too. If you get fed up with any Disneyland crowds, go to DCA. I heard that most of their popular rides barely have any waits because of how uncrowded the park is. Some people told me that they finished everything they wanted to in DCA in 2 to 3 hours.

• Closed Account

Talking Re: This Wednesday or Thursday - which day is better?

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaPeel007
    Oh no - now I have to deal with fractions!
    I started learning about fractions at age 10 so pass this one on to your daughter as incentive to go to DLR!