Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Super saucy pixie!

I have a whole bunch of Disneyland News papers from the 50s and 60s, a salt shaker collection from the 50s, teacup collection from the 50s and 60s, Disneyland themed board games, a horse shoe from I don't know when but it looks rather old, all of those types of things up through Mardi (Party) Gras merch. tons of Disneyland Todays, old ticket books, old merch. bags, old maps, you name it... if it's old and Disneyland I either own it or will own it!

although I collect disneyland merchandise (the oldest being the origional 1955 guide book - no pictures, just drawings) The oldest thing that I remember getting from the park myself is a tomb stone from the Haunted Mansion that they used scratch off letters to put my name on it--now thats a fun keepsake! I am so excited, this if the first time I have posted to this site! Its great!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydan
    although I collect disneyland merchandise (the oldest being the origional 1955 guide book - no pictures, just drawings) The oldest thing that I remember getting from the park myself is a tomb stone from the Haunted Mansion that they used scratch off letters to put my name on it--now thats a fun keepsake! I am so excited, this if the first time I have posted to this site! Its great!!

Great post!! Welcome to the boards DisneyDan!!!!
    Hope to read more from you!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Senior Minion

Not strictly a DL memento, but my mother has one of the old Disney hard cover books from the 40's, printed in 4 color, titled "Mickey's Picnic". And the artwork is superb.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I have a AAA travel brochure from the 50's, a passport (The ticket you could buy for unlimited rides that you wore instead of giving tickets) from the 70's, and a wall map poster of the park in '85 when I worked there.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Yendorb
    My oldest souvenir is a peice of the Chicken of the Sea Pirate ship. A friend got it for me when they were taking the ship out and accidentally dropped it.
    LOL!!! You still have this???

• #1 Spin and Marty fan

Quote Originally Posted by disneydan
    Welcome disneydan!!!

• #1 Spin and Marty fan

So are you asking what old items we have that we cherish or items that we have from our first visit that we cherish? Two differet questions indeed.

I collect early Disneyland ephemera (papergoods) and have Pictoral Souvenir guides from 1955-1965 and various beyond that. Several park brochures (the free hand out) from 1956 - today, about 1/2 of the available Vacationland magazines, and various and sundry other things (postcards, etc.)

I do have MY first item from when my family visited in 1976 (I was 9) and that is some postcards, a Disneyland book, and a pictoral guide. I remember spending hours after returning looking through them remembering and dreaming about going back.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by hornplayer
    So are you asking what old items we have that we cherish or items that we have from our first visit that we cherish? Two differet questions indeed.

I collect early Disneyland ephemera (papergoods) and have Pictoral Souvenir guides from 1955-1965 and various beyond that. Several park brochures (the free hand out) from 1956 - today, about 1/2 of the available Vacationland magazines, and various and sundry other things (postcards, etc.)

I do have MY first item from when my family visited in 1976 (I was 9) and that is some postcards, a Disneyland book, and a pictoral guide. I remember spending hours after returning looking through them remembering and dreaming about going back.
    Well I guess we can do both if that is the case but make it clear which one it is.

• (maybe they're right!)

I think this one is about 20 years old...

• Rainicorn.

I have souvenier guides from both WDW and Disneyland from the early 60's and late 70's. I also have almost-mint condition ticket books from Disneyland from around the same time. They're in storage somewhere.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

This is my first post. I collect the ceramic figures. My oldest is a Mary Poppins from 1976 when i was born. I have one from every year i visited Disneyland. I also have a Snow White and Doppy pin from the 70's and Tickets and Ticket books, no E tickets

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I have a small ceramic Cinderella figurine that my mom bought me on a trip to DL when I was about 7. I actually broke it on the way home and was devastated. She worked really hard to glue it back together- it was only her head that broke into several pieces- and I still have it, cracks and all.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    LOL!!! You still have this???
    Yes I do, I also have a peice of the Frontierland facade, but there is no way to tell that it is anything other than a hunk of wood.

• Sector Two Droid Repair

I have a original Pirates of the Carribean sovinear book. That's the one with pictures and map of the ride and pictures of the imagineers building the pirates.

I also have two 25th anniversary buttons that says, "I was there! July 17, 1980" I'm planning on wearing it on July 17, 2005 to Disneyland.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast