Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

A look at the Hopper Audio Animatronic

I remember we were having a discussion on how underrated "It's tough to be a bug!" is and how it always seems to be empty because Bug's Land seems to be considered the kiddie area of DCA. Anyway, in my honest opinion, the Hopper AA is by far the most impressive part of the show. I was testing out my new camera tonight and actually got some nice non-flash shots.

So here's a chance to take a look at the impressive AA for yourself:

There's also a Flick AA, but he's far less impressive:

The moral of the story: If you go to DCA, do yourself a favor and check out the show. I guarantee you'll be glad you did. ^_^
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• 1 Fanboy to Rule Them All

Re: A look at the Hopper Audio Animatronic

Hopper is probably my #1 reason for seeing "It's Tough to be a Bug." Very nice AA, indeed! And those are some nice pictures considering they're non-flash.

• In Mouse We trust

Thanks Sadako!!

I always like "It's tough to be a Bug" as well. It is definitely underrated and one the higlights in DCA.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Thanks for sharing these...and yes, Hopper is impressive.

You and CL should work for Disney as their official photographers. With Never Grow Up, you can sell your services to people going to the park.

Very nice indeed!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• For You!

We always go see it - even if you don't like it, it's nice to get out of the heat! My son is scared to death of Hopper - he almost cried last time!! I just like the interactive seats - just make sure you sit forward when the bees come!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• e komo mai

I think Hopper is the best AA at DCA. He moves a lot.

I'm not sure if he's the best one of both parks. The storytelling indian is pretty amazing, too.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

About how many AA's are in It's Tough to be a Bug?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    About how many AA's are in It's Tough to be a Bug?
    There are 3. Flick comes down from the ceiling. Hopper is in a corner on the right and PT Flea shows up for a few seconds to the left. I'll try and get some shots of PT Flea next time, but it's tough because he literally only shows up for one line.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• People move me

When I first returned to Disneyland Last year, I had not been to DCA so I visited that park first. It was obvious to me that the Hopper AA was Awsome to behold compared to the stuff I was used to seeing in the park. Thanx for the pics!
    Dont be frightend, I'm just a friendly Monster....

• Neep meep beep

Wow, those are great pictures. I know it's tougher to take pictures without flash, Julie, but it really captures more of the look and feel of the actual attraction (and doesn't raise the ire of those around you or on message boards).

Thanks for getting these difficult shots to show all of us - I love this show. It's actually the best 3-D movie in any park, in my opinion.

• e komo mai

It's amazing how you guys take such great pics. I truly stink at taking pics.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Wow, those are great pictures. I know it's tougher to take pictures without flash, Julie, but it really captures more of the look and feel of the actual attraction (and doesn't raise the ire of those around you or on message boards).

Thanks for getting these difficult shots to show all of us - I love this show. It's actually the best 3-D movie in any park, in my opinion.
    Thanks! I'm testing out this new camera I'll probably keep in some form. It's a Canon Powershot SD700 IS. I still need to do some more dark ride testing, but I'm loving it so far. It's just a tad expensive, so I'll probably pick up the import model (same camera, different name) I found a lot cheaper online and return this one to Fry's once it arrives.

And I completely agree with you. This show is by far the best 3-D show I've ever seen. I keep trying to push people who go to DCA to see it since adults seem to have this misconception that A Bug's Land is just full of kiddie rides. I actually thought this myself until someone pushed me to see the show and now it's a Must See for me whenever I'm at DCA.
    Julie Rei

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    There are 3. Flick comes down from the ceiling. Hopper is in a corner on the right and PT Flea shows up for a few seconds to the left. I'll try and get some shots of PT Flea next time, but it's tough because he literally only shows up for one line.
    Well Sadako, you are right, there is three, but thats in front of you, What about all the AA Spiders on top of you, I wonder how many there are?
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 08-01-2006 at 09:56 AM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Still lost in Neverland

Actually our Hopper is a better A/A than the one in Florida as it's newer. Up until the Johnny Depp A/A's were unvieled, Imagineers said that Hopper was the most sofisticated A/A to date. Even more moivement than the AK version.

The Indian Storyteller is not really an full A/A figiure at all. Because he is seen from a distance it look impressive, but if you look carefully you will see there is rod connected to his back that goes through a slit in the rockwork behind him That is what is making him appear to kneel down and stand up. It's just a figure on a stick with some hand and arm movements and very limited facial movement. Up close he would not even appear real. But from a distance, he is an incredibly life like looking figure.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    And I completely agree with you. This show is by far the best 3-D show I've ever seen. I keep trying to push people who go to DCA to see it since adults seem to have this misconception that A Bug's Land is just full of kiddie rides. I actually thought this myself until someone pushed me to see the show and now it's a Must See for me whenever I'm at DCA.
    Awww, the best you've ever seen, guess there's no room for Captain EO there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast