Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

I guess I was in so much pain today, that's why I am home instead of at work - I woke up yesteday and have a severe nerve pain of some kind in my right hip/leg that is so bad I can barely walk. This is the second day home from work. It's getting better, but I wasn't seeing things clearly. Now I understand what was being said. I actually like the Astro Orbiter at the entrance, though the rocks that narrow the path down could be done away with. The Astro Jets are one of those spinning rides I can't go on, went once that was enough. And the elevator entrance/exit looks like something from Roller Coaster Tycoon. Very slow way to get people up and down to the ride when it's way up high like that. It will be very interesting to see what they come up with.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hero-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Totally wiping out the AstroOrbiter for a RocketJets return?
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! !!
    Is THAT what Al meant?! Please, someone tell me that's not what Al meant! I thought he was just using the old name for it! Move it up top if you must, and for goodness sake color it silver, gold and blue - but don't KILL it!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by zach1
    Let's not forget that the budget decision has to come from Burbank, not TDA. Iger could sure make some fans if he approves it though.

I really hope they don't let us down. Watching the old Disneyland USA shows and seeing all the activity in TL that doesn't exist anymore made me sad. To have it all come back would be worth the price of my AP.
    Strategic Planning in Burbank has been dissolved(Thankfully!) and so I thought TDA DID make the decisions now. :confused:

• Official Mice Chat person

I can't wait to see everything finished!

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by neuhickman79
    Strategic Planning in Burbank has been dissolved(Thankfully!) and so I thought TDA DID make the decisions now. :confused:
    Ahhh, good point. This could mean very good things for our little park .
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

I'm curious now that if this IS true (I'm still slightly unsure)

how will they do this

will they move the orbiter mechenisum ontop of the tower and thus rebuild/restructure the whole thing (I'm sure this would include a retheme of some sort for the orbiter because there's no way it'd be that tall AND on the platform you'd be able to see the top from outside the parks I'll bet AND it'd be above the castle almost)

or will they simply retheme the old Rocket Jets mechanisum (aka the observatron) and then just strap some rockets back onto it build an elevator and call it good

either way they'd end up with an extra spinner mechanisum

would they sell it?

or would they retheme it and Adventureland end up with it's own Alladin's Magic Carpets

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I'm curious now that if this IS true (I'm still slightly unsure)

how will they do this

will they move the orbiter mechenisum ontop of the tower and thus rebuild/restructure the whole thing (I'm sure this would include a retheme of some sort for the orbiter because there's no way it'd be that tall AND on the platform you'd be able to see the top from outside the parks I'll bet AND it'd be above the castle almost)

or will they simply retheme the old Rocket Jets mechanisum (aka the observatron) and then just strap some rockets back onto it build an elevator and call it good

either way they'd end up with an extra spinner mechanisum

would they sell it?

or would they retheme it and Adventureland end up with it's own Alladin's Magic Carpets
    they will probably retheme it since that Astro Orbiter is huge in comparison to the much smaller Rocket Jets. My guess is that it will go to Disneyland Paris so it can be used for parts

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    they will probably retheme it since that Astro Orbiter is huge in comparison to the much smaller Rocket Jets. My guess is that it will go to Disneyland Paris so it can be used for parts
    I doubt they'd send it to Paris

it wouldn't be worth the shipping

Paris already has the exact same orbiter and theirs isn't as broken as ours

ours needs to be rebuilt to get the top spinning effects working

it makes more since for Disney to take it apart and reuse it for something else or to take it apart and sell off the pieces and recycle whatever they can

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy

Looking at Terraserver, it appears the diameter of the Astro orbiter is actualy smaller than the diamater of the PM track at the load point, so as long as the rockets could elevate over the PMs, size is not an issue.

I'd love to see the astro orbiter, painted blue, silver, and white, planted on top of the PM loading platform.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Now if the PM could just be open in August form my first trip ever to Disneyland.
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

• Random Thinking

Sigh...I reread that little tiny paragraph so many times just to be sure what I was reading was correct...

I love the Peoplemover...

As I kid, I always loved rides like the sky way/peoplemover/train etc.... rides that offered you a different perspective of the park...As a kid, it almost felt like secret back stage access (even though it was open to anyone, I know) I just loved the different view, the opportunity to people watch and see people enjoying the park...Its hard to explain...

Just my hope...I hope that it is slower...not like rocket rods...and relaxing...of course...somthing that the whole family can do together and enjoy...

There is plenty they could do with new tehcnology to make the ride incredible even if it goes slow.

One of my favorite parts about WDW's Tomorrowland is that it feels like a kitchy future city, and the TTA (Tomorrowland Transit Authority AKA People Mover) Is like the public transportation that takes you on a tour of the city. Its like the land has a story there, more so then ours.

I am so excited at the possibilities!

Thanks Al! We can dream!
    525,600 minutes...how do you measure, measure a year?

• Minion

I hope they dont bring back the OLD PM. Im hoping for a cross between the PM and Rocket Rods.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Hopefully they come back!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    Looking at Terraserver, it appears the diameter of the Astro orbiter is actualy smaller than the diamater of the PM track at the load point, so as long as the rockets could elevate over the PMs, size is not an issue.

I'd love to see the astro orbiter, painted blue, silver, and white, planted on top of the PM loading platform.
    it's not a size issue it's a weight issue

the platform can't hold the new mechanisum

I believe the orbiter also has more rockets then the jets

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    I hope they dont bring back the OLD PM. Im hoping for a cross between the PM and Rocket Rods.
    My money is on a west coast version of the Florida Peoplemover...Tommorowland Transit Authority. Its basically a souped up Peoplemover with a storyline(Traveling through the tommorowland spaceport)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast