• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Hmmm, 3 Months Until 50 Magical Years Closes, I Wonder?

Well, three months are left until the deadline of the 50th Anniversary is up. What that means is that The 50 Magical Years Exhibit should be ending as well, or so we think. It has left us for almost two years asking the question, will our beloved Lincoln come back. Yes, we all know the CM's standard answer will be that he will come back after the 50th Celebration ends. Well, I guess the ones first to know would be the cast members who work shifts at the 50 Years Exhibit. If it is in fact going to close in order to install Mr. Lincoln back in, management would inform the cast members they have to change shifts to work another location. So I guess for in between the next three months, iff we ask them if most of them are changing shifts to a different location would be a better question then "When Will Mr. Lincoln Come Back?"
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Pirate Girl

Re: Hmmm, 3 Months Until 50 Magical Years Closes, I Wonder?

Well, I am no math whiz. But this is August first. And the 50th ends Oct 1(I heard it on the radio, must be true). That is only two more months; all of August and all of Sept. Yippee. Summer is almost over!

Sorry to say I could care less if Lincoln comes back. I'd be happy with something new.

Aprille :-)

• Wonderful World

I for one am all for Lincoln to come back. I love the attraction, not a big fan of the 50th movie at all
    I'm back MiceChat

• Banned User

Wait, I thought the 50th anniversary technically ended last July 16th?
    (I know.. they will milk the cash cow until it's no longer amusing...)

I'm a Steve Martin fan, so I love the film, but I don't see it staying there long term. Bring back Lincoln, but lose the cheesy 3-D sound, and the historical inaccuracies like Lincoln visiting the Union hospital and whispering "You must live!" in your ear or having Frederick Douglass hanging out at the White House. I wouldn't mind having it restored more towards the original or do something new. Instead of copying Disney World, they could always put in the Hall of Vice Presidents. That would be exciting (yawn).

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    What that means is that The 50 Magical Years Exhibit should be ending as well, or so we think.
    Yeah, don't assume too much. I don't feel comfortable discussing specifics (so don't ask), but it will be a while before Mr. Lincoln wraps up his vacation.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    If it is in fact going to close in order to install Mr. Lincoln back in, management would inform the cast members they have to change shifts to work another location.
    Not really. We'd get informed about it, but there's really nothing we'd have to do ourselves. We would just get all of our shifts in guest control or at the other locations where we have knowledge. I imagine, though I'm not certain, that they'll stop casting people for Opera House 2-3 months before it closes down for the switch, and that they'll make sure that people who don't know anything other than Opera House get cross-trained before it happens.

Who knows. But personally, I'd love to see Lincoln come back.

Why? Because it's a CLASSIC.

Oh, and I hope they don't bring back that new one with the "virtual haircut." I thought it was "mediocre," but I want the old one. From the 60s! I've been listening to it on my "Musical History..." and I absolutely love it and think it's a very powerful show. And to hear Paul Frees back as the initial host would be too cool. I mean, that is if they brought back the ENTIRE old show, hehe.
    I find signatures are overrated. Except for this one.

• Banned User

Eh, I for one - well maybe not - wouldn't mind if it doesn't come back.

I know its a historic attraction, but I really do think its time for something "new." Walt would have wanted it that way, I'm pretty darn sure.

Just seems like a total waste of beautiful Opera House since on account the show hardly brings anybody in anymore.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

One rumor I heard.....

That the Opera House will close on October 2nd (the last day of the 50th, per the current Ads) and will remain closed until next summer, when it will return as Mr. Lincoln.

This is basically a money saver in labor, as they don't need that much time to remove the exhibit, but is more in line with what WDW does with some of their lesser attractions... (Can anyone say Jay Rasulo...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Earth Intruder

^^Is Jay Rasulo trying to position himself as the new Villain of Disneyland? Because he's doing a good job of heading down that road.

Something there (a film and an exhibit that people enjoy) is better than absolutely NOTHING there.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!