View Poll Results: What classic Disney animated film would make the best new darkride for Fantasyland?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sleaping Beauty

19 13.67%
  • Cinderella

8 5.76%
  • Fantasia

17 12.23%
  • 101 Dalmations

10 7.19%
  • Beauty and the Beast

33 23.74%
  • The Little Mermaid

39 28.06%
  • Mickey & Friends

3 2.16%
  • Other: Explain your choice

10 7.19%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Official Mice Chat person

I'd love to seen an Aladin Magic Carpet ride. It could be like Peter pan... The cars would be suspended, flying through clouds, flying past the Eifel Tower, Over The ocean, It would be like a "whole new world!" The cars would have much more fluid to them than Peter pan, it would be much more gracefull. The "magic carpets" could hold 2-3 people per carpet and your feet could even dangle over the edge (think Soarin). Just this wouldn't be any ol' dark ride, it would be an E-Ticket Dark ride, with awsome new engineered Vehichles that would have an up and dow motion to them occastionally (like a merry-go-round) and the cars could tilt to the left or right as you go around turns. The Scene where you are flying through the clowds and around the world would all be syncronized to the music "A whole New World".

• Kirbyshowcase.com

bambi ride
    (insert funny comment here)

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Sleeping Beauty would be my personal fave, only because it has a lot of the elements that make a good Disneyland Dark Ride, i.e. good vs. evil. It is almost shameful that Sleeping Beauty isn't honored with a dark ride, considering the castle is named after the movie.
    However, the Little Mermaid is probably more relevant to younger people nowadays. Although I never felt that Ursula was nearly as scary as Maleficent. She is by far the scariest female Disney villain.

• U. B. Bold

^Ooh, it could have the dragon too! Disneyland needs a dragon.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Senior Minion

Sleeping Beauty is my choice since they closed the walkthrough and since I'm a Villains fan, I would love to see another version in a Darkride. Sleeping Beauty was a big deal with Walt Disney & his artists, why not bring it back?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Misses Disneyland

How about a Nemo ri.....oh wait, nevermind

Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Remus
    bambi ride
    Great idea to replace Pooh. Even fits nicely in Critter Country.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market
    I voted for Little Mermaid becuase I think it would not be hard to make a great ride, but I've always imagined a Fantasia ride and how awesome it would be if it was done right. Doing it right, however, would be difficult.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder
    ^Ooh, it could have the dragon too! Disneyland needs a dragon.
    EXACTLY, Now I'm kinda PO'd that they never put in a Sleeping Beauty darkride. I mean, the walk-thru was all right, but whenever I walked thru, there was ALWAYS somebody behind me that was trying to get thru. I wanted to spend my time in there and it was just too crowded.
    But, yeah, if I was king-o-disneyland that's what I would do. Maybe it would be possible to remove the Skyway chalet and poach a little room from the Hunchback of Notre Dame Festival Arena (before the stupid Woodyland goes in there) and put a Sleeping Beauty darkride in there. I mean it would be right across from the Village Haus restaurant with the German theme. Check out the overhead view http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com...eyland%7cca%7c
    Looks very do-able to me

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    EXACTLY, Now I'm kinda PO'd that they never put in a Sleeping Beauty darkride. I mean, the walk-thru was all right, but whenever I walked thru, there was ALWAYS somebody behind me that was trying to get thru. I wanted to spend my time in there and it was just too crowded.
    But, yeah, if I was king-o-disneyland that's what I would do. Maybe it would be possible to remove the Skyway chalet and poach a little room from the Hunchback of Notre Dame Festival Arena (before the stupid Woodyland goes in there) and put a Sleeping Beauty darkride in there. I mean it would be right across from the Village Haus restaurant with the German theme. Check out the overhead view http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com...eyland%7cca%7c
    Looks very do-able to me
    That's exactly the area I was thinking of for a new attraction. And you're right (not to scew my own poll. but...), after all Sleeping Beauty even opened the same year DL did if I'm not mistaken.

• Minion

Well, my vote was based on the idea of a traditional dark ride. I have been vocal about making a Bambi attraction, but using the Hunny Hunt technology to make it more like an NOS E ticket. Same goes for Sleeping Beauty and the write-in candidate Mary Poppins.

I think the best candidate for an actual Fantasyland is Fantasia. Look at some of the trippy lobby posters they used for re-issues and you get some idea how fantastic this attraction would be even if it were done on the cheap like Pooh, because the blacklight would make it wild. And, like Walt's original Fantasia concept, if the ride loses ridership, add a new musical passage to the ride.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Junior Senior

I'd like to cast another vote for Mary Poppins...because my other favorite Disney movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, already has a ride.

My vote was for Beauty and the Beast - seeing's a Dark Ride was already thought up for Disney Paris but never made it off the drawing board, I would love to see it come to reality.

The "Be my Guest" scene would be a real hoot!

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Hm, Little Mermaid is very *tempting*, but i'm afraid i have to go with Sleeping Beauty...think about it, they got rid of the walkthrough in the castle, I think they should put -SOMETHING- up in leiu of its departure. ^^;

...Not to mention how cool it would be to see a animatronic Maleficent Dragon.

...outside of Fantasmic's. (wait, is that *even* an AA? ) ^^;

• Minion

Well, I've posted this elsewhere, but how about a Great Toon Ride, using a pivotal scene or two from many classic movies? I mean, Lady and the Tramp is one of Disney's best romantic movies, but it's hard to imagine a full darkride based on it. However, a great AA scene of the spaghetti kiss would make my Disney day.

Also... this is more for the Toon Town Industrial sector, but I don't understand why, if Disney is so intent on making a Monsters ride, they can't reverse Imagineer the door car ride from the Peter Pan ride. Then again, I can take just about any movie and make a ride with the Peter Pan vehicles.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast